Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funny Story of the Week!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Funny Story of the Week! Empty
PostSubject: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 3:35 pm

I just thought I'd share with everyone a funny story that happened recently Very Happy
A few weeks ago I ordered a few dogs, a couple from Germany and one from the UK. When the one from the UK arrived, I laughed because the box they had used was...
Whiskas cat food!! Laughing And so out of an old cat food box, came a poor golden retriever, who I'm sure was not happy to have travelled in there Laughing Although my goldies do love cat food lol! ! I was also surprised, because never before has something ever arrived in a pet food box!
A few days later, the dogs from Germany arrived, and you will never guess what they came boxed in...
Whiskas cat food!! Shocked Laughing But this time, the packaging was in German, but it was exactly the same box! I couldn't believe it, but at least I know they are coming from animal loving homes Very Happy
So two separate packages, both cat food and both of the same brand! I thought I was going mad and I had been sent the same thing twice! Laughing
But the main thing is, the dogs arrived safely! Very Happy And it lead me to the question- has anyone else ever been sent a model boxed in cat food... and maybe even Whiskas cat food? Laughing And please share any funny stories you have from the week! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Wow what are the chances Laughing

Well, when I got my elephant seal from Susanne, it came in a Danish dog biscuit box, so it seems golden retrievers like cat food and seals like dog food Shocked Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 4:45 pm

How funny! Laughing
I would love to have some dog figures arrive in a dog food box Laughing Laughing ! And luckily the seal would probably have been saved from eating the dog food, as it surely must have been emptied by Fidda and Siggi first! Very Happy Laughing
Watch out everyone, if you trade with me you may find your figures come in dog food boxes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Liiolii

Liiolii

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 2:26 pm

Funny! Very Happy I'm waiting a parcel with Schleich 42334 barn & accessories arriving tomorrow by mail. It's a second-hand / internet flea market find. Maybe it's packed in a cow feed box? Shocked Laughing

I haven't been interested in farm life figurines earlier, but when I saw this barn, it was just "click" and I knew I want it. Maybe I'll create a little farm world diorama around it. bounce

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 3:10 pm

A cow feed box! Laughing Laughing
And I'd love to see your farm diorama if you decide to do it! bounce Especially if there migth be dog somewhere in it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 4:18 pm

What a strange coincidence Shocked Laughing
Roger ( crocodile) used to send stuff in cake boxes Wink

But cow feed boxes...they are rather large Laughing

Bonnie wrote:
I would love to have some dog figures arrive in a dog food box Laughing Laughing ! And luckily the seal would probably have been saved from eating the dog food, as it surely must have been emptied by Fidda and Siggi first! Very Happy Laughing
Watch out everyone, if you trade with me you may find your figures come in dog food boxes! Laughing

I DO send in dog treat boxes ever so often lol!

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Cake boxes! Very Happy Laughing
At least it's a good way of recycling the boxes! It would be funny, if for example you were to send some figures in a dog treat box, and then whoever received them would send their figures to someone else in that same treat box, and so on and so on so that you may even receive the same box back many years later! Laughing Very Happy
So I may find a cake box, and know that somewhere along the line, it must have been from Roger to someone else Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 8:05 pm

I am sure many of us already received figures in many kinds of boxes. Though, your coincidence is funny and unexpected. The cake boxes I used were not easy to reuse but I already received figures in tin boxes of biscuits or so.
I remember, however, my excitment while seeing all the boxes people used. I know I already received weirder ones but I always remember a box of a handle for sliding doors I received from Christophe, a long time ago with Britains figures. I still don’t know why I found it so funny, maybe it is because it is something from a French Crazy Macaque but I can’t find a meaning for it. monkey

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 8:57 pm

How funny! Laughing And sliding doors- that is interesting! It's always the weirdest things that seem to be funny! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny Story of the Week!   Funny Story of the Week! Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny Story of the Week!
Page 1 of 1