Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yolanda selling catalog 1990?

Go down 
+5
widukind
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Farm collector
Babdo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Yolanda selling catalog 1990? Empty
PostSubject: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 am

Yolanda selling catalog 1990? - I scan only the sides with animals.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Benno
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 11:32 am

Wow, I would have loved to get my hands on some of these horses bounce bounce Especially the norwegian black dole and the dun fjord horse on the top of first site of horses I love you bounce I have never seen the dole as a figurine before Shocked drunken

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 11:53 am

WOW !!!!!!!!

SO many unusual breeds affraid

Just look at all those gazehounds : Podenco Ibicenco, Galgo Espanol, Afghan, Sloghi, Borzoi cheers

And all those rare ( also in real) breeds of horses, and ever so beautyful all of them !!!

Yes, The Døle horse, and a Mongol horse, - and an Icey that LOOKS like an Icey, and, and drunken

There is even an "albino", which does not exist Laughing
I suppose they mean Cremello Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 12:01 pm

Ohh thank you soo sososo much Benno! Very Happy bounce
I was in touch with Roger about the Yolanda dogs, desperate to find a complete list, and now it seems that I have! cheers cheers
Look at all those unusual breeds! Shocked Very Happy I am in love, some of those breeds would never be made by a major brand now! I really do hope that I find them all one day! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Many thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Great catalogue and lovely sets of dogs and horses.The illustrations for the horses I have seen before and think they may have come from a book but I will need to check! Smile

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 11:24 pm

Magical this forum. I’ve never seen this catalogue and just a few days after talking about these dogs with Bonnie, it is presented on forum. Naturally Bonnie is surprised but I am even more because I am here for a longer time. Laughing I don’t know how these things happen but they do. I will bookmark this topic to see later when looking at a larger screen. Many thanks! cheers

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Thanks for sharing :)
The Widlife Baby Animals are for sure the same mold as AAA study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Yes, the pair of babies sitting and standing looks like AAA. Hippos and a few other wild animals are also not very different. Though, about the dogs and horse, I could only read their breeds now and it is absolutely amazing! Shocked Especially the local Spanish breeds of dogs, a few of them have corresponding breeds in Portugal.
Interesting also that these horses are in 1:32 scale. I am surprised Roger hasn’t spotted them yet. Wink They will fit with Britains or Breyer Stablemates.

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 am

I have been trying to find these horses on the net, any shop or place they might be out for sale. I can,t find them anywhere Sad Does any of you know where they might be found, witch site to surge for?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 9:30 pm

I asked Comansi and they told me these horses are not available anymore. However, they mentioned Bullyland and I am almost sure these were nver sold by the German company.
I am also trying to find them on Spanish websites but I haven’t found any sign about these horses. I can find some dogs and wildlife but not these horses what is a pity. I also would love to get some of them. I love the scale and I think the breeds are fairly respected. Poses are boring but the collection seems fantastic with many breeds. I am convinced the Asiaticos is a Przewalski horse, I don’t know any breed called Asiaticos in Spanish so it is a good news for collectors of wildlife too. There’s also a Mongol in this series what I think corroborates the idea that the Asiaticos is a Przewalski’s.. The only thing I find a little irritating in this series is that there is no Lusitano horse there, I think it would be mandatory among all these Iberian breeds. Besides of it, there are so many Appaloosas. Comansi is known for their Western sets but they are too many anyway. If I find more information, I will surely remember to share it here.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Roger wrote:
Magical this forum. I’ve never seen this catalogue and just a few days after talking about these dogs with Bonnie, it is presented on forum. Naturally Bonnie is surprised but I am even more because I am here for a longer time. Laughing I don’t know how these things happen but they do. I will bookmark this topic to see later when looking at a larger screen. Many thanks! cheers
Yes- it is a miracle! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 10:08 pm

Thank you very much for the information Roger. What a pity that they not are available any more Sad  
Anyway, I am greatfull for what you have been finding out Very Happy Sometimes it,s not easy to be an animal
collector, is it geek Laughing

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 4:29 am

Do you think those are photos of the horse models, or illustrations from a book or some such? They look very different from the other models shown.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:02 pm

I feel these horses are surrounded by a dense layer of fog. As I mentioned, I’ve found models from other series for sale but none of these horses. I agree with Kelly, the catalogue pictures show figures with a better quality than all other models and obviously it is hard to be a collector,. Lets suppose that we find these horses were never released for any reason? Shocked

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:03 am

I think you may be right. Maybe the horse ad was released before they had finished models in hand, and illustrations were put in as filler. But for whatever reason, the models were never completed and produced.

The dogs are the really intriguing ones to me. There are a few I'd like to have. I believe many if not most of the breeds are unique or almost so in toy model form, and not just of Iberian breeds?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 11:56 am

I completely agree, the dogs are amazing! Very Happy Very Happy
And as you say, a good proportion of them I have never seen in toy form, and probably never will- some amazingly unusual breeds! bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Yes, some of these breeds I have never seen in toy shape. About the Iberian breeds in these two sets are: Galgo español, Podenco Ibicenico, Pastor Catalan Portuguese water dog and probably one of these generic names like the pointer that I am not knowledgeable enough to identify it as a Spanish pointer or any other Pointer breed. Actually from these, I only know figures of the Portuguese breed. Among all others I also think a few don’t have other representatives in toy shape.
60 breeds, looks like a collection from an editorial but I am not aware of it either.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:31 pm

The illustrations for the horse models are from this book.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:10 pm

Mystery solved! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:43 pm

If the question is about a book, our Librarian Taylor has the answer. cheers study

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:50 pm

Thank you for that lovely comment Roger! Smile

PostSubject: Re: Yolanda selling catalog 1990?   Yolanda selling catalog 1990? Empty

Back to top Go down

Yolanda selling catalog 1990?
Page 1 of 1