Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)

Go down 
+37
Joliezac
zosenwoans
Mitsukuni
Dutch Bear
donny ong
Bloodrayne
Liiolii
Farm collector
Shanti
Pardofelis
Caracal
Tyrannotitan1984
Ana
Tupolew Tu-154
VASILIS
Michelle
Taos
Megaptera
Advicot
Kikimalou
Fossa
NightLioness
Mikwe'spal
aschuck
Pepi
WhiteLightning Wolf
lucky luke
RtasVadumee
Roger
endogenylove
widukind
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 9:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Pepi wrote:
Definitely the canadian goose is a repaint of the swan, so it will be quite big Sad
Besides, it will look strange next to an almost simila piece.

Are you sure? The posture and wing shape look quite different
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 9:27 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Pepi wrote:
Definitely the canadian goose is a repaint of the swan, so it will be quite big Sad
Besides, it will look strange next to an almost simila piece.

Are you sure? The posture and wing shape look quite different

Not sure, of course. But the posture is identical. Of course, the head and neck are different. And, now that you say so, may be the wings are different too. Thanks, Blaine.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 9:42 pm

Thank you, this makes it easier to put them on my wishllist

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 10:21 pm

The Goose only looks similar. First, I also thought that it would be a repaint. But after a second look, I would say it's a new model special made for the Goose.
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 10:43 pm

Megaptera wrote:
The Goose only looks similar. First, I also thought that it would be a repaint. But after a second look, I would say it's a new model special made for the Goose.

Great! I just wish its not very big.

Curiosity: in the picture, starfish, is translated into spanish as "caballito de mar" which meas seahorse :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 11:53 pm

I am still undecided on the Canada goose; I'll have to wait for forum posts of the actual figure to decide. I might just keep the Safari TOOB figure for the time being, even if it's a bit small
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 3:40 am

VASILIS wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GUINEA PIG!!! cheers cheers cheers

Young Smilodon was on my wishlist, but it looks a little bit scary. I must see it in real.
Caterpillar is wonderful, also some Birds, Insects, the Bull and the Ice Wolf.

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 6:10 am

I have spent hundred of euros for single video game figures so don't complain about the prices guys, animal figures are an infinitely cheap collecting hobby if you only buy major brands stuff, Kostas will confirm what I say with his records I think.

Well, from what I see on the promo pics, that emu is likely to be the best of the three, even if the pose is boring as Roger would say. It will probably work very well with the other two, at least the Mojo.

Canada goose and grey heron are must-have species for me, as a birdwatcher, and they look very good on picture. Buying the robin or not will depend on its size of course, I just want it to be the same scale as my diana monkey kingfisher.

Papo is the most daring major brand these years, releasing species that "normies" are never going to buy, even when covid would rather spur to sell thousands of lions and elephants to offset the loss of income. That's very brave of them, they should get credit for that.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 9:57 am

I have updated the first post with the catalogue pictures Vassilis cropped, plus a couple more. Farm life is missing from the catalogue, so no close-up of the Bull yet. All photos will be replaced when the official promo pictures from Papo show-up.

My 2 cents on Papo 2021.
Being a statistic-freak, stats sometimes lie, but usually don't. To me this is a poor selection, compared to what Collecta and Schleich did. Papo is offering 17 new animal models (3 of them are repaints) which is less than half of the other two mentioned brands stuff. Sure it's not a matter of quantity, but quality is subjective in toy replicas.

So, what I see here is:
- No new wild mammals. Just an old brown bear that turned into an american black.
- No dogs or cats.
- No Dinosaurs.
- No new horses, just 2 repaints.
- Just one (and a half) farm animal.
- The Anaconda that was announced for a 2020 release is mysteriously missing from the 2021 catalogue too...

Times are hard of course but we all know what is selling most in the toy shaped world. 1.Dinos 2.Horses 3.Wild mammals.  In this order. So, if we actually worry about the future of our favourites brands in times of economical crisis, I would not consider what Papo is offering a "brave" move as Ben and some other said, I would consider it rather stupid...

To the actual models now, I'm only interested in the heron and the goose if they will be size-wise fair. I don't think this or any other Emu can beat the Southlands one in terms of quality. I will only buy this big Ant if it can scares the tiny ones that are trying to invade my house every summer.  Razz

Merry X-mas everyone!
rendeer rendeer rendeer

Last edited by spacelab on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 10:55 am

spacelab wrote:
Times are hard of course but we all know what is selling most in the toy shaped world. 1.Dinos 2.Horses 3.Wild mammals.  In this order. So, if we actually worry about the future of our favourites brands in times of economical crisis, I would not consider what Papo is offering a "brave" move as Ben and some other said, I would consider it rather stupid...

I don't agree with you, Papo choice isn't brave or stupid. If the brand is making again and again every year insects, frogs and other weirdos, there is an ecomnomical reason: I guess they sell it and there is a demand (not only from Blaine or collectors Wink). Japan and China are big markets and even in Europe and America, children (and parents) tastes and interrests have probably evolved as I evolved myself. There is more TV series about "microcosmos" or "animal in my backyard" things.

I disagree also with RtasVadumee, Major brands animal or dinos toys are not cheap, they are really expensive. Most people can't afford them. People who have enough money to spend them on plastic toys have probably some educational targets for their children. Brands need to deal with that, Safari Ltd did since a long time now, Papo is trying to increase its global influence like CollectA did a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:03 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Many wonderful models indeed cheers

The birds are just fabulous species , - at last a grey heron, which so many people have sighed for for ages bounce

The emu chick is ever so cute, - and a European Robin  ! WOW drunken

Same for me, the birds, YAY!! Especially the grey heron, and robin I love you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 am

I dont know about companies strategies (apart from that CollectA is moving towards horses and dinos....).
However I do think this hobby is not expensive. I think, what Ben says is that collecting animal figures as a hobby is not particulary expensive. People expends big amounts of money in their hobbies while, us, with 20-30€ can include some figures every month (of course I spend muh more than that...). Of course, one can expend as much as he/she likes/can if moving to the world of japanese figures or customs (like I already did with Likaon Models). On the other hand, I agree with Kikimalou, this figures are expensive from a non-collector (parent) point of view.

PS: in my opinion this emu is NOT better that SR by any chance Razz
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:08 am

Well, I'm not familiar with Asia's market, this should be considered of course. The stupid thing for me was not having new Dinos, horses and mammals. The microcosmos offerings or the birds can be the "salt & pepper" of the main meal. Papo is obviously relying on its extended old catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:23 am

Pepi wrote:
I dont know about companies strategies (apart from that CollectA is moving towards horses and dinos....).
However I do think this hobby is not expensive. I think, what Ben says is that collecting animal figures as a hobby is not particulary expensive. People expends big amounts of money in their hobbies while, us, with 20-30€ can include some figures every month (of course I spend muh more than that...). Of course, one can expend as much as he/she likes/can if moving to the world of japanese figures or customs (like I already did with Likaon Models). On the other hand, I agree with Kikimalou, this figures are expensive from a non-collector (parent) point of view.

The big market isn't us, this is the non-collector parents tribe.

We think they are not so expensive because we are from the weird "Animal toys collectors" tribe.
Now try to explain to your family, your friends, your colleague at works (normal people) that you think buying a plastic Swallowtail butterfly 8.37 euros, a small ant 4.26 euros or a dinosaur 27€ is cheap and reasonable Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

spacelab wrote:
Well, I'm not familiar with Asia's market, this should be considered of course. The stupid thing for me was not having new Dinos, horses and mammals. The microcosmos offerings or the birds can be the "salt & pepper" of the main meal. Papo is obviously relying on its extended old catalogue.

I guess there is enough dinosaur to buy in Papo expensive range for a normal family and the brand need smaller and cheaper things to sell with, something which catched eyes like colorful insects or frogs.

Nowaday technology give us the chance to explore different animal realms, animals at night, deep sea life and microcosmos. It's incredible how many series or documentaries are made, it means there is a public for that.

Also, as a parent (I am one  Wink ) I need to feel I buy something "good" for my daughter culture and education and it seems brands know how to touch my heart and open my wallet. I guess I'm not the only one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:32 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Pepi wrote:

The big market isn't us, this is the non-collector parents tribe.

We think they are not so expensive because we are from the weird "Animal toys collectors" tribe.
Now try to explain to your family, your friends, your colleague at works (normal people) that you think buying a plastic Swallowtail butterfly 8.37 euros, a small ant 4.26 euros or a dinosaur 27€ is cheap and reasonable Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

spacelab wrote:

I guess there is enough dinosaur to buy in Papo expensive range for a normal family and the brand need smaller and cheaper things to sell with, something which catched eyes like colorful insects or frogs.

Nowaday technology give us the chance to explore different animal realms, animals at night, deep sea life and microcosmos. It's incredible how many series or documentaries are made, it means there is a public for that.

Also, as a parent (I am one  Wink ) I need to feel I buy something "good" for my daughter culture and education and it seems brands know how to touch my heart and open my wallet. I guess I'm not the only one Very Happy

This is exactly what I was saying. Considering this as a hobby, it is not an expensive one. Maybe it is my colleagues or other "normal" people the ones that should convince me that buying a drink for 10-15€ is normal and reasonable.
What I'm trying to say is that people expends much money on their hobbies. And in this one you can expend as much as you like.
But, of course, non-collectors may not understand this, as well as I wont pay 200€ for a ticket to go and see Real Madrid.
Back to top Go down
Tyrannotitan1984

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:39 am

This line-up is a bit disappointing. No dinosaurs and only a few new wild animals. I hoped for more reptiles, seals and dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 am

The problem is brands are making toys first for non-collectors, not for us.
It's not a matter of what we think as collector, it's a matter of what can do a brand to sell more and prosper.
We are not their main target, they need to convince normal people than buying a tyrannosaur 27$ is a good deal and not a crazy thing.
Brands don't work first for Hobbyist like us.
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:48 am

Kikimalou wrote:
It's not a matter of what we think as collector, it's a matter of what can do a brand to sell more and prosper.
We are not their main target, they need to convince normal people than buying a tyrannosaur 27$ is a good deal and not a crazy thing.

I know. But we weren't talking about companies strategies.we were talking about collecting these figures being an expensive hobby or not.
I agree, we are not their main target.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 11:51 am

Pepi wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

I know. But we weren't talking about companies strategies.we were talking about collecting these figures being an expensive hobby or not.
I agree, we are not their main target.

We were also talking about company strategies Wink Laughing There were debates about prices and 2021 range at the same time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 2:18 pm

I am just discovering this topic now and I am feeling rather reassured with that batch especialy with the camargue bull who presents all specific characters of the breed and can not be mixed up with spanish breed, with the birds, the machaon and the megalodon. Even the brown bear I did'nt like at all, is a little better in this black version.. now, I hope that these figures won't stay just as pictures on catalogue!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 2:22 pm

This is indeed an expensive hobby. For the price of one normal western brand figure, said Papo, Schleich, Safari or CollectA (around 6-8 euro usually, except smaller and bigger ones), you can buy 3 or 4 polybags full of chinamals. You can easily change 20 figures of different species by one single figure of western brands. Parents that don't want to spend too much money in these toys go to buying chinamals, and children love them. This is where the main market resides. But there are also those parents that want a better quality toys for their children, or those that have children with interest in the quality of these animals. Hopefully, future collectors, tough many abandon the hobby when they grow. And this is the market that western brands need for selling their figures. If you want quality you must pay more money, as in all things of life. Collecting the kind of figures that most of the forum members here have, is expensive. Collecting just figures is not expensive, if we go to any Chinese shop and buy all these bad quality knockoffs and unbranded simplistic toys. Same as if we say that eating is expensive if we're in a gourmet forum, while eating just soups and vegetables is not expensive.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Fantastic work on first post, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! cheers The additional information is precious too. In 2021 you are the topic starter of CollectA Schleich and Mojo Fun, new releases, what a great punishment! Laughing Laughing

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Caracal wrote:
I am just discovering this topic now and I am feeling rather reassured with that batch especialy with the camargue bull who presents all specific characters of the breed and can not be mixed up with spanish breed, with the birds, the machaon and the megalodon. Even the brown bear I did'nt like at all, is a little better in this black version.. now, I hope that these figures won't stay just as pictures on catalogue!

I would like the Camargue bull too, but I will be relying on my European friends on this forum who are familiar with the breed to tell me it is a good likeness :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Really interesting discussions here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)   Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2021 Releases!!! (UPDATED with official pics!)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next