Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)

Go down 
+6
Caracal
Bonnie
Roger
Advicot
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

[Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) Empty
PostSubject: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi friends,

Does anyone have both the new Schleich badger and the previous rendition in his/her collection ?

The badger is one of the few species I have never replaced, I am still using the very vintage one and I am hesitating between the 2021 one and the 2011 one to replace it.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 9:26 am

I have ordered it from Germany, but it may take ages to reach me Laughing

It looks like a nice model, but , Ohh! Why do Schleich have to paint a smile oh his head ? pale

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:49 am

I mean I have the new Schleich badger, and in my opinion it's very good, however the figure is darker than the figure from 2011. Sadly I do not have the 2011 figure so I cannot do a comparison.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:07 am

Ok, so I'll wait until Suzanne gets it and can take the picture.

Indeed, the smile is a shame but it is actually much less smiling in real.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:37 am

I have the 2011 model but not the current one. From what I can see on pictures, I don't think the newer model is comarable to the previous that is excellent, from the fur details, face, grizlled effect, etc. If you can find the previous figure without any special effort, I really recomend it to you once it is the better Eurasian badger in my opinion. However, Susanne's picture will surely give you the definitive answer.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:40 am

Very excited to see the comparison pics! Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 12:03 pm

Roger wrote:
I have the 2011 model but not the current one. From what I can see on pictures, I don't think the newer model is comarable to the previous that is excellent, from the fur details, face, grizlled effect, etc. If you can find the previous figure without any special effort, I really recomend it to you once it is the better Eurasian badger in my opinion. However, Susanne's picture will surely give you the definitive answer.

Yes, of course the 2011 one is better but it's 35€ on Ebay...
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Don't understand why I NEVER found it during my figure hunts, I have visited perhaps one hundred shops and only found the cubs once but no adult at all.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 9:05 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, of course the 2011 one is better but it's 35€ on Ebay...

I understand and we cannot find that many. I checked other sites and this model do not show. If I needed an Eurasian badger at this moment, I'd chose between the new Schleich and Mojö Fun.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:43 am

Looks like my new badger is gonna get married very soon cheers

Last edited by RtasVadumee on Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:53 am

Hurray! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:56 am

Thanks Bonnie Very Happy

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 1:05 pm

I am so pleased for you cheers cheers , how many are they selling? I'd be interested too!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 1:09 pm

Thanks Adam !

I got it for 3€ which was highly unexpected but it was the only one, that's why I didn't told you about it before. I like all of you very much guys but business is business Laughing

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 1:17 pm

No worries, congrats again Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 1:18 pm

I am really happy for you. I know sometimes it looks like I don't like Schleich models but it is an international misperception. Laughing I don't have any problem saying the Schleich fennec is such an unrealistic model as I easily say that the 2011 badger is 100 times nicer than the Papo badger. Actually, I put the Schleich fennec and the Papo badger in the same bag, they should never be released, I am sure they could easily invest their money in another better figure. This is an excellent badger, the best I've ever seen in terms of sculpt and painting. Not even Schleich was able of doing it better. Laughing Obviously it is just a personal opinion
It also shows that the worst enemy of collector's wallet is the anxiety, we often just have to wait and a good chance will pop up.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Roger wrote:
..... I easily say that the 2011 badger is 100 times nicer than the Papo badger. .....

lol!
That Papo bdger is really weird Wink

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 9:29 pm

Ahah, you know that little war Papo vs Schleich between you and me is nothing more than a recurring private joke Razz

The main issue with the Papo badger is the muzzle way too short.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 8:22 am

RtasVadumee wrote:

Doesn't the paintwork indicate it is a Japanese badger...not a European one like most other models ? study
But that doesn't remove the problem with the shape of the head Crying or Very sad

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 10:15 am

SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

Doesn't the paintwork indicate it is a Japanese badger...not a European one like most other models ? study
But that doesn't remove the problem with the shape of the head Crying or Very sad

The body general color makes it look more like one of the Asian species but the most effective way to identify them is checking the dark facial streak and the Papo models has it painted like an European badger.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

The body general color makes it look more like one of the Asian species but the most effective way to identify them is checking the dark facial streak and the Papo models has it painted like an European badger.

So, again : Mixed species Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 12:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

So, again : Mixed species Laughing

Laughing They are our destiny! Wink

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 10:44 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Don't understand why I NEVER found it during my figure hunts, I have visited perhaps one hundred shops and only found the cubs once but no adult at all.

.. because it already was retired on the 2013 catalog! Its production must have been rather weak.. a pity for it was far better than the smiling, too contrasted and unnatural current version! :/
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:31 am

Caracal wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

.. because it already was retired on the 2013 catalog! Its production must have been rather weak.. a pity for it was far better than the smiling, too contrasted and unnatural current version! :/

I found figures as old as retired in 2000-2005 in local shops, that's not because a figure is retired that it cannot be found. That's what I thought first but, fortunately, I kept searching over and over again and found figures I would NEVER have expected to see.

I don't know if I spent more money in train tickets than I would have if I had ordered all these rare models on the net at their highest price (and with shipping costs) but I am proud of how my collection was built. My collection would be as huge as most people here if the other brands were available in France, going to the shop is so much more fun than ordering online.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 12:57 pm

It's not a matter of oldness, it's a matter of production during!.. Then I think the size is not the most interesting criter of any collection! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)   [Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

[Help] Schleich badgers comparison, new and older version ( Pics on p. 2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next