Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Searchlist troubles.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

Searchlist troubles.  Empty
PostSubject: Searchlist troubles.    Searchlist troubles.  EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 4:54 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Have you ever noticed that however many figures you cross off your list, they, the companies, seem to be coming out with more? And now, completing your collection seems next to imposssible. Does anyone else have this problem, of having a searchlist, and then they can't complete their collection? If anyone else has any ideas related to the searchlist problem, I'd like to hear them. As for my searchlist, mine is very long, although I've stopped collecting Schleich horses, my list is still long. Oh why do those companies have to be continually coming out with stuff? No offense, but it is, and only slightly, annoying. Because what if you're on ebay, and you're looking for a figure that ebay doesn't have? Then what do you do? Anyway, having a searchlist is a great thing, but there are times, and I've had these, where I say: "Oh man, I wish I had that figure." Anyway, if anyone else feels the way I sort of do about the searchlist dilemma, and completing collections, then please share your experiences with me. I mean seriously, why, oh why are there so many retired figures out there, and why are they so hard to get? Anyway, this is my dilemma, so some ideas would go a long way.

Well, I suppose I'll post again if there's more news, although there isn't any mor right now.

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Searchlist troubles.    Searchlist troubles.  EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 8:20 am

Solution is easy : Do NOT have a searchlist lol!

You will never, ever complete your collection anyway, so instead of stressing over the ones you do not have, be full of joy with the ones you have Wink

If you really, really want a search list, then do not make it more than - say - 20 models , said Auntie Susanne farao

This does not mean that you can't find a model and feel the well known twist of delight in your stomach : WOW !!!! cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Searchlist troubles.    Searchlist troubles.  EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 11:10 am

Susanne's advice is definitely wonderful- but all I can add is that you are not alone and I'm sure many other collectors face this dilemma! Very Happy
Just take it bit by bit, starting with the ones you love the most, because the important thing is that you continue to enjoy collecting! sunny
And as Susanne says, sometimes it's easy to forget what you do have, and move onto the next rarity, but it really helps to just look at your collection with joy and think how lucky you are to have all these wonderful models! flower
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Searchlist troubles.    Searchlist troubles.  EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 5:19 pm

Good advice from Susanne: enjoy what you have. And what would the fun be if we had everything we wanted? We wouldn't be collectors anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Searchlist troubles.    Searchlist troubles.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Searchlist troubles.
Page 1 of 1