Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface

Go down 
+9
NightLioness
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Bonnie
Pepi
Roger
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface Empty
PostSubject: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:01 am

STS Forum is recovering some traditions and the iconic voting for the figure of the year is not an exception! After some years of absence, this contest is back on board. Wink
This year we are adding one more category once small land invertebrates are turning very popular among collectors and also their number of releases has increased significatively during last years.
we'll split it in 8 categories: Wildlife, Woodland, Prehistoric, Farm, Sealife, Horses,  Dogs and Invertebrates.
Later, the winner of each category, will be voted in a poll to find the 2020 animal figure of the year.
We'll start choosing figures for all categories (except Dogs) on January 30th.

Links for Category polls:

- Wildlife
- Woodland
- Sea Life
- Land Invertebrates
- Prehistoric
- Farm
- Horses
- Dogs

Links to topics for choices will be added as soon as they're started.
Meanwhile, the 2020 releases topics can be found here.
Topics will be active during 7 days.

On February 7th, we will start polls to all 8 categories (Dogs included) with a maximum of 10 figures with the biggest number of choices.
These polls will run until February 12th, in single vote mode and obviously the most voted in each category will be the animal figure of the year of the corresponding category.

The final poll, with each category winner,  will start on February 14th and run for a week, again in single vote mode.
The figure with the bigger number of votes will be considered officially the 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year!

We are not using adjectives as the best, favorite or any other because it depends of any collector perception. We only want to be fair to what is the general perception of our community that proudly joins very young collectors with some already with a "respectable" age. Just vote in what gives you joy!
The only thing we ask is to everyone try to be fair, choosing according with the figure without thinking in the brand marked on it, also, we don't have to collect them to make our choices, we only have to like them.
We'll provide pictures of 2020 releases to all categories to turn easier our choices.
All 2020 releases are eligible, even if they're not in these topics and as long as they are toy animal replicas. The only remark is that figures that only differ in painting will be considered as a single one.
Your participation is very important and appreciated!

Any doubt or suggestion just feel free to comment here. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:58 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 5:02 am

PREVIOUS WINNERS

Papo Standing Tiger - 2016 winner
2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface Papo50208.jpg_original

CollectA Woodland Caribou - 2015 Winner
2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface PapoKaribou_zpsfzejjxmo

Papo snow leopard - 2014 Winner
2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface Papo50160

Mojö Fun Indian Gaur - 2013 Winner
2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface Img_6415

2017, 2018 and 2019 without contests.

Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 6:35 am

Wow wow wow great!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 7:08 am

SO exciting, and it is so interesting to see the amazing previous winners! cheers cheers
And thank you very much for explaining everything Roger, it now all makes sense and I am looking forward to it so much! bounce Especially to see which dog will be the best of 2020! Very Happy bounce bounce
And I also can't wait to hear what the winners for each category will be, and of course the overall winner! cheers
And how wonderful that this amazing STS Tradition is coming back! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:03 am

This time I think Roger and Christophe have been conspiring Laughing

Thankyou ever so much for keeping these great events alive cheers Applause Applause

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 am

I never realised that the Papo Snow Leopard won :O The shown figure is quite nice, but I´ve seen so many with weird faces and painting, that I never considered as the best figure of a year^^
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 pm

Great, i like the tradition. Now we have to look, because i remeber me that all the "..... animals from all brands 2020" was never finished

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 3:40 pm

I think I was unaware of this tradition (as my first figure was obtained in 2016 and I didn't started collecting until 2017). It sound pretty good and I'm not stranged that these magnific masterpieces are the winners of the previous years!
There is no contest from 2012 and before, I suppose?
I'm anxious for know the result of the 2020 best figure!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Thankyou ever so much for keeping these great events alive cheers Applause Applause

Yes, macaques and crocs love conspiration Laughing
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I probably missed something, but why is your macaque pink??

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Damned affraid You also noticed the point Suspect

As I explained to Anna, I am unfortunately experiencing some bizarre mutations since 2021. Pinkymalou is my second, after kikicasso...
I wanted to go incognito but more and more members are looking at me strangely. Nothing escapes you friends Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 11:42 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
My favorite tradition is back !

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I love this conspiration sunny

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 6:23 am

Very exciting! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptyFri Jan 29, 2021 7:42 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Damned affraid  You also noticed the point Suspect

As I explained to Anna, I am unfortunately experiencing some bizarre mutations since 2021. Pinkymalou is my second, after kikicasso...
I wanted to go incognito but more and more members are looking at me strangely. Nothing escapes you friends Wink Laughing

Lionesses have good eye sight Wink
Some bizarre mutation, hmmmm...
Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 5:07 am

Some of the topics for choices are already open , you can find the links on first post. Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:57 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Yes these Crocomacaques are something i tell you...Wink

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 8:47 am

Where are the options of horses to choose from scratch  And where did the options of dogs come from study  Dogs did not have any options from the beginning, did they? I,m just wondering.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 8:52 am

Farm collector wrote:
Where are the options of horses to choose from scratch  And where did the options of dogs come from study  Dogs did not have any options from the beginning, did they? I,m just wondering.

Horses will be posted later. About Dogs, due to the small number of releases, they all have entered the poll.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 8:55 am

Nice, thank you for the information Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface   2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface Empty

Back to top Go down

2020 Toy Animal Figure of the Year - Preface
Page 1 of 1