Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa

Go down 
+20
George
Jill
Katarzyna
75senta75
Night Elf
Caracal
thebritfarmer
Shanti
Dunfold
Ana
sunny
Advicot
costicuba
pipsxlch
Babdo
SUSANNE
Taos
Mitsukuni
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:09 pm

Oh stunning again! Old breyers are more common here on ebay, but I get my stablemates either retail (since they are cheap) or thrift stores. I have 3 I think... maybe I will show my breyers sometime. 

These new guys are great! I love appaloosas and a classic native american horse complete with war markings is just perfect to represent the breed. And the arabian, stunning! Both of these are very handsome sculpts. Congratulations.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Really good horse figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:55 pm

I enjoy that you replicated the scale of the event. Have you ever tried to play a endurance race with one of these horses during 5 km? It gives a good perspective how long are these races. However, it is not a trouble for an Arabian. I enjoy your wild west project. You can use the Britains wolf as a coyote.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 9:18 pm

5 km is a distance I regularly run, but I don't take my Breyers with me. It's a short distance for myself, but (and this may surprise you) I am not 1:32 scale.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:53 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
5 km is a distance I regularly run, but I don't take my Breyers with me. It's a short distance for myself, but (and this may surprise you) I am not 1:32 scale.

Laughing It may sound disrespectful but I don't believe. tongue Hhah!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:50 am

More stunning Breyers once again, you have an amazing collection now! cheers cheers
I love the pose of the flea bitten grey, and when I saw the first two I just thought 'These are so beautiful'! drunken
You can never go wrong with Breyer, hurray for your latest additions! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 3:28 am

I have the flea bitten grey Arab, gotten in honor of my mom's lovely flea bitten grey mare Koci. It's just a grey that has tiny red freckling in the coat- from what I've seen, it seems most common in Arabs or closely related breeds. Not sure of the genetics behind it, Susanne probably knows.
There's also a pattern called 'bloody shouldered', with a red staining to the withers/shoulders. I don't think I've ever seen that in anything but an Arab, and it's rare there.

I should try to find them, I still had a couple of my childhood (70s) Stablemates. I find G1 models occasionally in the resale market.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 9:21 pm

It would be great to see Breyers from the 70s, I don't even know whether they were sold in the UK at that time.

Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Not disrespectful, there is nothing wrong with being 1:32 scale. But it's all true.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 10:01 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
It would be great to see Breyers from the 70s, I don't even know whether they were sold in the UK at that time.

Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Not disrespectful, there is nothing wrong with being 1:32 scale. But it's all true.

Laughing Lucky you. Wink

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 3:23 am

Here is what I could find. There's several newer Stablemates, and a Peter Stone 'Chips' that had its tail broken so wasn't sold with the rest of my mother's Peter Stone models. For the oldies, there's the Arabian stallion and mare, and the Morgan stallion and mare. Unfortunately I sold most of the dozen or so childhood Stablemates I had about 15 years ago.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 pm

Great additions Roger and great to see that you got the Appaloosa with the Indian brave!
Kelly,fantastic collection of lovey oldies!!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 pm

Great to see these golden oldies! Looks like these very early Breyers were matt.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 5:52 pm

A few more Stablemates that I got a while ago but haven’t shown you yet. I mainly bought them for the donkey, but “unfortunately” the donkey came with 6 horses. The donkey is my first Breyer that isn't a horse:

In contrast to the horses, which are all very smooth, the donkey has a much more textured coat.

I think the donkey may be from the Deluxe Animal Hospital (2010-2019), but the colours of the different donkey variations are quite similar, so I am not entirely sure. The donkey mould was first produced in 2009. It’s a nice donkey; it looks quite young.

Two of the horses that came with the donkey are new sculpts in my collection, a Mustang and a prancing Morgan.

The Mustang looks a bit like an attacking felid; the Morgan seems to be taken aback by it:

I find the Mustang a bit too wild, but perhaps it’s appropriate for a wild horse. The Morgan’s mane is quite stylised and exuberant, but I find it quite a good-looking horse. It has an intereating pink nose. The Morgan’s mould is from 1998 and this grey version is from 2008-2011. The Mustang’s mould is from 2006 and this palomino version was produced in 2018 and 2019.

The other horses are all sculpts that I already had, but the colours are quite different. A black Andalusian stallion (2015-2017, sculpt 2015) and a grullo Appaloosa (2018-2019, sculpt 1998):

I already had a white Andalusian and the new one provides a maximally contrasting colour.
(Impossible to take a good photo, the black horse is underexposed and the white horse is overexposed.)

It is more difficult to appreciate the sculpt of the black horse, because you can’t see the details so well. Actually, it isn’t pitch black; when the light shines onto it in the right way, you can see that it has a shade of brown.

When I bought my first Appaloosa, I wondered whether I should buy a chestnut or a grullo and went for the chestnut. That turns out to have been a good choice, because I got the grullo anyway. I like both colours, but I think I like the grullo best.

Finally, I got a palomino stock horse (2007 onwards, sculpt 2006) and a dappled chestnut reining horse (2018, sculpt 2010).

The stock horse is the golden horse that Bonnie showed a while ago in her collection topic. It’s shiny, but in reality the shine isn’t as striking as the photos suggest. I prefer the bay colour, but the golden palomino is beautiful too.

The nice thing about buying a set of Breyers is that I get colours that I wouldn’t otherwise have bought. The dappled chestnut reining horse is an example. It’s quite a red chestnut, which adds to the variety of colours in my collection and the colour is much better than I thought it would be. Here he is with my grullo reining horse:
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Wonderful new models! I have 3 different colors of it. And the reining horse is beautiful too, but they all are great of course!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 6:13 pm

What a nice bunch, congrats! I really like the Andalusian, I haven't seen that sculpt in person. What a handsome head he has, he looks great in both colors. Maybe I'll have to add a few to my stablemate string!

I also haven't seen the donkey, and didn't know they even made a stablemate sized donkey until very recently. What an absolute charmer. Is he the same material as the stablemates, or is he more like the companion animals?

That mustang needs to learn some manners before living on the shelf with the others. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 6:30 pm

There was a Breyer donkey like yours in my collection. I loved to use it with the Britains despite their huge differences.
Oh, I really love the Andalusian too. being an Iberian man, my preconceived idea of what is a horse is surely close to it. I took a long time to know that lots of kinds of horses existed. Even the Mustangs we know from Western movies, are not so different once they descend basically from Iberian horses. This Breyer model represents the breed with all dignity and obviously it could be a Lusitano too.
Roger, you are in a horse fever and that donkey sounds like an excuse to get so many horses. Laughing

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 7:49 pm

What a nice selection, you have a good mix of colours and breeds there. I think my favourites are the grulla quarter horse - one of my favourite colours they've ever done on that mould - and the black andalusian, which has such a neat sharp and grown-up looking sculpt style, getting away from the softened more toylike sculpts from others in recent years.

Jill wrote:
That mustang needs to learn some manners before living on the shelf with the others. Laughing

The mould with the worst manners is the dressage hanoverian - it may look posh and refined, but it's so wobbly, it thinks nothing of kicking over an entire row of horses : all mine have been put in solitary confinement for setting off too many attacks of the dominoes Laughing

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 10:08 pm

Thanks, everyone! I agree, the Andalusian is a very beautiful sculpt. One of my favourites, though I have quite a few favourites.

I think the donkey is made of the same material, it just feels slightly different because it isn't so smooth.

George wrote:
The mould with the worst manners is the dressage hanoverian - it may look posh and refined, but it's so wobbly, it thinks nothing of kicking over an entire row of horses : all mine have been put in solitary confinement for setting off too many attacks of the dominoes Laughing

Doesn't it help if you bend a leg by making it hot? I try to position my Breyers strategically, for example the reining horse is great at stopping a domino effect.

Unfortunately, Breyer doesn't make a Lusitano, but yes, we can use an Andalusian for this. Are Lusitano's normally also only white or black, or do they have other colours too?

The Breyer donkey with the Britains:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySat May 15, 2021 1:45 am

Yes, beautiful pair of donkeys! :)
Lusitanos can be any solide color, thus black and grey are good ones, especially grey is quite common.
Spotted, pintos and colors like these are never accepted.
There are Stablemate Lusitanos, I was lazy to check if it is an Andalusian mould but probably it is.
Check this link!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySat May 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Some beautiful Breyer additions!! Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySat May 22, 2021 10:43 pm

Thanks, Taylor. You are right, Rogério, Breyer did make two Lusitano horses. Both were colour variations of Andalusian horse moulds. By chance, I just got both of these Andalusians.

One is the Rearing Andalusian. I like it a lot, it’s a spectacular model. My wife doesn’t normally pay too much attention to my animal collection, but occasionally, she picks up a figure from a shelf and comments on it, sometimes saying that it looks strange, sometimes saying that it is beautiful. When she noticed the Rearing Andalusian, she immediately took it and said it was very beautiful, so I guess it is indeed a very striking model. Worth seeing from all sides.

The model was introduced in 2006 and this particular dun colour version is from 2007-8. It was sold as a Lusitano as a palomino version. Andalusian horses are normally only grey or black, so I am going to treat mine as a Lusitano as they can have a wider range of colours. I like the yellow dun colour, but it would look good in other colours too and I wouldn’t mind having another one.

The other Andalusian I just got is the model called, well, just Andalusian. It’s a palomino, so again, I think more appropriate to think of it as a Lusitano than an Andalusian horse. The mould was introduced in 1998 and this colour version is from 2002-2006. A light grey version of this sculpt was sold as a Lusitano.

It’s a beautiful model too, but I feel that the very light palomino may not be the best colour for it. It’s a fairly common model, so I’ll probably get it in a different colour at some point.

I also got a brown pinto Peruvian Paso. I am not sure whether I am so keen on pintos, but I think this one is great. The way the brown and white patches are painted just works very well.

And a Tennessee Walking Horse. I am not so keen on this golden palomino, I don’t think it suits the horse well.

It’s a very vain horse; not only is she golden, she also has a shiny ribbon in her hair.

She has quite a similar pose to the Peruvian Paso. Both models actually come from the same set, the Stablemates 4-Piece Gift Collection sold in 2007-8. Both the Peruvian Paso’s and the Tennessee’s mould are from 2006.

And finally, another Appaloosa, my fourth. I thought it was almost identical to my first Appaloosa, but when I put them next to each other, it is clear that although both are chestnuts, their colour is quite different. The Appaloosa mould is from 1998 and this particular colour version is from 2002-6.

Here we have all my new additions:
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySun May 23, 2021 2:02 am

These new ones all seem to me to look a bit like carousel horses (in the best way of course). I have the rearing and a few variations of the appaloosa mould. All are really beautiful but the andalusian/lusitano is very pretty in my opinion. Congrats!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:30 am

A lot of Spanish blood among your additions.
I didn't know the rearing mould being used as a Lusitano. I am glad of knowing it once your wife is right and it is a very beautiful model.
They went a little far with your Tennessee, having a vague idea how Tennessees are used in their shows, I was not expecting to see such a vain one as you pointed.
This is a wonderful group of Breyer models. Probably you never expected to see so many horses in your collection.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:48 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 EmptySun May 23, 2021 10:52 am

All these Stablemates are just beautiful- I can now completely understand why some collectors focus on this brand- especially as they look even more stunning altogether! cheers cheers
I love the rearing Andalusian too- it was clearly made by a very talented sculptor, everything from the detail with the veins on he head and that unusual, and wonderful, pose that still manages to keep the horse balanced! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next