Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa

Go down 
+20
George
Jill
Katarzyna
75senta75
Night Elf
Caracal
thebritfarmer
Shanti
Dunfold
Ana
sunny
Advicot
costicuba
pipsxlch
Babdo
SUSANNE
Taos
Mitsukuni
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 2:24 pm

Tails up for your shooty dun foal. Laughing bounce bounce
So I love the pose of your horse, it makes me think about chalicotherium and similars that are not so distantly related with horses. It is interesting to see that while one shows with vanity her bum, other tries everything to hide it. Well, the foal learned with mom, no?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 4:07 pm

Lovely additions and looking forward to the foal-genetically won't always be correct but a nice foal I bet!I only have one of the 'reining in' models which again is a chestnut overo paint/pinto.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:42 am

Here is the foal, the cantering foal (sculpt from 2010).

Grullo + bay = ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is … uh, what colour is it? I thought it was bay like the mare, but dun may also be a possibility. He has a black stripe over its back, which is a characteristic of dun horses. (Interestingly, the “dun” standardbred doesn’t have this, so it may not be dun; so confusing.)

It’s a cute foal, but his body seems a bit short.

Here with two Britains foals:

I was complaining about the Britains horses, but I think their foals do look very good.

My new foal together with his parents:

Last edited by rogerpgvg on Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 12:19 pm

Such a sweet little foal, I love the detail on this model and the pose is so elegant! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 1:19 pm

You officially have breyer fever. Very Happy all of them are beautiful! Wonderful beginning collection.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 1:47 pm

Dorsal strip is not exclusive of a dun but likely it is a dun. However, it has white parts so I will let it to experts. The standardbred is probably just a dun that they forgot to paint the dorsal strip, at least the dark head and other markings suggest it. I don't think it is a buckskin. I think a good Breyer foal for your collection is the scratching one, it will surprise you. Wink

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Thanks everyone!

I've been looking at the scratching foal, but I would like to have it in the right colour. Why is it surprising?

Fever? No, I feel very good since I started collecting Breyers Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 2:11 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks everyone!

I've been looking at the scratching foal, but I would like to have it in the right colour. Why is it surprising?

Because it seems inspired in the old Britains model.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Ah, yes, that's right.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 pm

Lovely foal and I too think you have the Stablemate fever!!!Here are my scratching foals and also the lying down foals for a comparison [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Taylor you have an amazing Breyer collection! Very Happy cheers
I have the scratching foal too, the black and white one, it is a lovely little model! Very Happy Sadly I have had it since I was very young though, and because it stands on three legs it fell over once and sadly lost a leg- so it's quite fragile! But definitely worth it! sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:26 pm

Beautiful foals, Taylor! Both the lying foal and scratching foal are very well sculpted. The Palomino looks like the best one of the scratching foals to me. I guess you might prefer the spotted or pinto.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:26 pm

Thank you Bonnie!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Beautiful foals, Taylor! Both the lying foal and scratching foal are very well sculpted. The Palomino looks like the best one of the scratching foals to me. I guess you might prefer the spotted or pinto.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Yes, my favourite of the scratching foals is the 2nd from the left -the blue roan frame Overo paint.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 9:23 am

Finally, the slow straggler has arrived! I bought him two and a half weeks ago and he only arrived yesterday. Surprising, as he is a racehorse. Well, definitely worth waiting for, as he is my favourite Breyer so far. Here is American Pharoah:

He has a fantastic running pose and my favourite bay colour. This thoroughbred was produced between 2015 and 2017 (sculpt from 1998).

He came in an (opened) bubble pack:

American Pharoah was a very successful racehorse in 2014 and 2015, as the back of the pack tells us:

He was a racehorse for only two years before he retired and became a stud. “Pharoah” in his name is a misspelling; he was registered under this misspelt name. Here we have him with the standardbred:

They were made by the same sculptor, Kathleen Moody, and there are obvious similarities, especially in how the faces are done. At the same time, the difference between the two breeds is also clear: American Pharoah has a lighter build than the standardbred.

I thought this was going to be my last Breyer for a while, but I found a couple of older models and I couldn’t resist. To be continued …
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 am

Wow, what beauty once again, especially the running pose! Shocked cheers And I love how this model is based on a real horse! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 11:57 am

You have now the Breyer fever??

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:23 pm

I missed a lot of this , - but how enjoy to scroll around and see all these beauties drunken Very Happy Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:43 pm

This last horse is equally beautiful and very faithful to the breed. If you intend to learn about breeds, these figures are really good. thoroughbred, undoubfully.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : About dorsal stripe :

The so called "primitive markings " are not one gene, they are several genes, but they lie very close on the same cromosome.
So during the cross over in the 1st phase of the Meiose they can ( even if it is rare ) be separated.

But, never mind the technicalities - a dun horse can be dun without dorsal stripe. Actually many Fjords do not have a dorsal stipe.

Not-duns can not have a real, sharp, clear dorsal stripe.
We sometimes see a faint stripe on (esp) chestnut and very often on buckskins horses in their summer coat, if they are fat from summer grazing, but it is not a real dorsal, and as you said, they do not have the other charicteristics, and without them they are by definition not dun Wink

In Icelandic horses several dun horses are very dark, and not at all like Przewalskis or Fjords.
What can complicate it, is if the horse is a dun buckskin, which we often see in Iceys.

A good way to know a dun from a buckskin is that the dun gets darker during winter, while the buckskin gets much lighter. Which does not help , of course , if you see a photo or a model, as both have many shades Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Oh nice! I have this stablemate and watched him complete his Triple Crown wins and he is truly a stupendous animal. He retired because the Triple Crown is the epitome of horse racing, so he proved himself and was ready to retire and make more little Pharoahs... Wink

The figure itself is beautiful, I love it. Congrats on your growing herd!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 3:15 pm

Another great model and its one of the few whole coloured Stablemates I have! Smile

Taos

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:59 am

Some comparisons for Roger with other solid coloured Breyers-I have used Pharoah as a guide to help!
Also I have  included a number of Breyer/Britains comparisons.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Britains Clydesdale and Shire with the Breyers Belgian Draught.
THe Britains Clydesdale and Shire with the Breyers Shire.
The Britains Welsh Cob and the Breyer Weish Cob.
The Britains Shetland and the Breyer Shetland.
The Britains lying foal and Breyer lying foal.
The Britains donkey and the Breyers donkey and mule.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 11:40 am

Wow- you have a stunning collection of Breyers Taylor! Shocked cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next