Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa

Go down 
+20
George
Jill
Katarzyna
75senta75
Night Elf
Caracal
thebritfarmer
Shanti
Dunfold
Ana
sunny
Advicot
costicuba
pipsxlch
Babdo
SUSANNE
Taos
Mitsukuni
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 1:33 am

Great additions! Love the sorrel drafter and the little roan foal. I didn't realize Valegro and the blind bag were so similar! I wonder why Breyer chose to release two almost identical versions? Both are lovely anyway!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2022 7:13 pm

Thanks, Jill. I wondered about that too. Perhaps the original Valegro colour was very popular or did they perhaps forget that they had already used this colour?

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 3:21 pm

Two special edition Stablemates! First, I got “Dax”, one of last year’s Stablemates Collectors Club releases. I had been thinking about buying it when I had a chance to buy in the US last year, but I already had so many models and the postage cost from the US is so high that I ultimately decided not to buy it. I kind of regretted it, so I was happy that this Dax came up for sale in the UK for a reasonable price.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It uses the “Fighter” mould, which was first introduced as a Stablemate in 2020. The 2020 Fighter is rather glossy, I much prefer the Appaloosa version. Dax has a very slight purple gloss, but it isn’t too distracting.

The other Stablemates Collectors Club horse is “Primrose” from 2015. I thought I wasn’t so keen on this sculpt, but because it wasn’t just a Collectors Club special but also a G1 that I didn’t have, I thought I should bid. I won and I am very happy that I did, because I love this model! I didn’t have a blue dun/grullo Appaloosa yet, and this colour suits the sculpt very well.

The G1 sculpt (first used as a Stablemate in 1975) is meant to be a Quarter horse mare. I don’t know whether it looks so much like a Quarter horse, but I like the slightly heavier build of this horse and it has an interesting pose.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 5:44 pm

Wonderful spotted additions!!! cheers cheers cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 14, 2023 6:32 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 3:14 am

Two of the best Stablemate Club releases! Applause I absolutely love Primrose. That is the hardest to find vintage mold but a very nice one, and that paint job is excellent. The blaze is especially neat. Dax is also really nice. These are two I'd love to add to my collection someday if I ever came across them affordably. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2023 6:43 pm

Thank you, Taylor, Andreas and Jill. I hope you'll find them too, Jill.

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 4:10 pm

Great additions! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:11 pm

Wonderful, this two figures are splendid. cheers cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:53 pm

Two beautiful models! Congratulations! Primrose is just adorable Very Happy
And I like the paintwork and colors of both of your new additions.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2023 9:40 pm

Thank you, Katarzyna, Fernando and Ana! Yes, the Collectors Club models generally have a high-quality paint finish. Often, they are porcelain-glossy, which isn't really my taste, but when they aren't so glossy, they can be very good.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 11:52 pm

oh these are all so beautiful! I love the coats on all of them. Congratulations Roger!
funny because I really like the glossy one. I find it interesting that a plastic model can look so much like a porcelain figure! I love porcelain models so this shiny one would be doing a double job haha!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 5:49 pm

A few new Stablemates. I didn't need any of them; my excuse for buying them was that they were cheap Very Happy.

A black pinto Shetland pony from the 1998-2000 Stablemates 12 Piece Assortment:

It is going to replace my other Shetland pony, which is a bit scuffed. I am not so keen on the sculpt, so I’ll just keep the new one. The plastic of the new one has a bit yellowed, but that’s OK with me, it gives it some shading.

Another Thoroughbred (Four Piece Gift Pack, 2002-2006). I like this sculpt even though I don’t think these colours are the best ones.

And another Saddlebred (Stablemates Single Horse Assortment, 2005-2006). It’s a rare case where I already had exactly the same colour. The previous one wasn’t in a perfect condition, so the new one replaces it.

Finally, the best one, a bay pinto Warmblood from the Red Stable set (2003-2006). I wasn’t expecting so much from it, it’s not my most favourite sculpt, but the colours work very well, it’s beautiful!

I love the blaze.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 7:23 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 7:34 pm

Very nice additions! Pintos all around! I really like the roan thoroughbred, but I have always been partial to Breyers roans. The warmblood does look really lovely in that color. The close up of his face is really nice especially, he looks quite regal. I really like that mold in general (it is always interesting to compare tastes), but I do not have it in that color.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 9:14 pm

Cheap and beautiful and they even allowed you to replace some models. I still remember the time when you were not too much convinced about Stablemates being a part of your collection. Now you are the most active Stablemater on forum. Wink

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 9:36 pm

Jill wrote:
Very nice additions! Pintos all around! I really like the roan thoroughbred, but I have always been partial to Breyers roans. The warmblood does look really lovely in that color. The close up of his face is really nice especially, he looks quite regal. I really like that mold in general (it is always interesting to compare tastes), but I do not have it in that color.

Thanks, Jill. Yes, it is interesting to read that different collectors have different favourites.

Roger wrote:
Cheap and beautiful and they even allowed you to replace some models. I still remember the time when you were not too much convinced about Stablemates being a part of your collection. Now you are the most active Stablemater on forum. Wink

I am just trying to keep up with Jill Wink. I looked up what I said three years ago:
rogerpgvg wrote:
I suppose that I should collect at least a few Breyer horses because of my interest in the history of 1/32 scale, but I find them a bit overpriced, shiny and exaggerated.

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 9:10 am

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 5:46 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

I am just trying to keep up with Jill Wink. I looked up what I said three years ago:
rogerpgvg wrote:
I suppose that I should collect at least a few Breyer horses because of my interest in the history of 1/32 scale, but I find them a bit overpriced, shiny and exaggerated.

Laughing Laughing
I'm glad you have changed your mind about stablemates, but I understand where those sentiments were coming from. High prices especially remains often too true when buying second hand.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And they are certainly often much shinier than many models, since Breyer does love its gloss!

Your collection is certainly is more than comparable to mine. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 6:18 pm

Jill wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

rogerpgvg wrote:

Laughing Laughing
I'm glad you have changed your mind about stablemates, but I understand where those sentiments were coming from. High prices especially remains often too true when buying second hand.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And they are certainly often much shinier than many models, since Breyer does love its gloss!

Your collection is certainly is more than comparable to mine. Laughing

Laughing I think it is a part of collecting. Our tastes and preferences change so often. Stablemates are very tempting as collectibles, they have a distinctive identity.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:02 pm

It's also really tempting to try to track down every release on a Stablemates mould - once you get started you end up wanting more, and at some point 'all of them' becomes a target to aim at. With some of the G2s, that can be 20+ colours on the same mould, which you don't really get with other brands of model/toy horse.

I used to have totally complete collections of every G2 Warmblood and G2 Appaloosa - but then they released some Breyerfest exclusives which went for about £40 each second hand - and double that once you added shipping and import fees - and I decided I'd have to give up the 'complete conga' collecting because I'd never afford those. Then a few years later the exclusive clubs came along and I wouldn't have been able to afford those either. I'll never have a complete conga again but it was fun while it lasted Laughing

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:12 pm

As quite a "compulsive" collector, I could also see myself collecting all releases of a mould but exactly for the same reasons as you, George, it is not something I can consider.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 9:36 pm

Two new Stablemates, both new 2023 releases. First a Missouri Fox Trotter. I bought it because I like the sculpt and because I only had one until now (only two regular runs have been produced). I am slightly disappointed by the way it is painted, I have to say. The “golden” colour is good because it has nice shading, but the white of the tail and especially the tail is a very unnatural plain white:

The other side looks a bit better because less of the mane is visible:

Here is the new Fox Trotter with my other one, which I much prefer:

The horse that I was keenest to get was the Clydesdale:

Lovely colours. I am fond of horses that have three colours (here bay, black and white). My Clydesdale has a more orangy bay colour than in photos I have seen of the same model.

I still prefer my 2021 Stablemates Collectors Club Clydesdale, but both are great.

I recently discovered two beautiful Clydesdale horses on one of my runs, not far from where we live:

Magnificent horses. Well, I think they are Clydesdales, I am not a horse expert. As George noted a while ago, the Breyer models don’t look like very typical Clydesdales. They don’t have the typical Roman nose and real Clydesdales have quite an athletic build with long legs.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 9:50 pm

Wonderful new models! And of moulds I haven't seen commonly used. And gorgeous pair of new equine friends. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 10:42 pm

It's nice to see these in-hand. I was wondering about the clydesdale especially! He looks wonderful. It's too bad about the fox trotter mane and tail. It's not a mold I collect, but the body color is quite nice. Your two fox trotters have vastly different expressions, thanks to how their eyes are painted. Laughing

Your horse neighbors are both good looking, what a nice discovery! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa   My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Breyer Stablemates: G1 Drafter and another Appaloosa
Page 21 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next