Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella) Empty
PostSubject: Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)   Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 11:40 am

There is no SUY for dragonflies and damselflies, so I present here the Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella). I was reading my natural history diary for summer 2018, when I went to New York/Masschusetts, and remembered the joy of infinite incredible fabulous lifeforms that I found here. One of the most spectacular finding (along many other species of really beautiful dragonflies in the same place) was this species. So inmediately I've tought in made a figure of it.
For the wings I needed a transparent sheet so I used the envolture of a flash (frozen sweet drink, not sure if in English it's used the same word but I'm unable to find it). They're a bit bendy and the result was not flat wings, this is the biggest issue of this figure but let's pass about it. It's so small that actually is hard to notice that (1 centimeter wingspan!)

The body is done with WePAM and the legs are made with cuttings of the same flash envelope (that allow much thinner threads than my thin wire). Gluing the legs was relatively easy... until one foreleg separated from it, gluing it again was a nightmare because it sticked to middle leg... you can imagine how delicate one must be for manage these small things without risk of breaking them.

And with no more heavy wording, here is it... my first dragonfly:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With some other northeastern North American wildlife.

Naturally resting in a dead branch... ohhh this branch is moving! Well, I like free rides so... lets's stay

And despite what it can look like, the eagle is not threatening the dragonfly. He's just purposing the insect to play an aerial race and let's see who win.

All my insects for now:

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)   Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 11:47 am

Even more tiny than your birds and still amazing! cheers cheers
It is so delicate, the wings especially, and it can even perch on the horn of the deer! Shocked Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)   Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:09 pm

You are really working at an extreme small scale! Very interesting to read all the technics and materials you used to make such a delicate figure. Your species choice is also great once it is a very beautiful creature. The final result is really very good. I wouldn't dare to perch it as you did once I am sure the model is very fragile. cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)   Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)   Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:31 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)   Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella) Empty

Back to top Go down

Twelve-spotted skimmer (Libellula pulchella)
Page 1 of 1