Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!

Go down 
+8
Caracal
SUSANNE
WILLYBACOMAN
Ladytilly
Farm collector
RtasVadumee
Bonnie
spacelab
12 posters

Which is your favourite Dog figure for 2020 ?
Border Collie by Schleich
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_lcap1%The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Chihuahua by Schleich
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_lcap7%The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 5 ]
Cocker Spaniel by Schleich
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_lcap1%The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Great Dane by Safari
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_lcap34%The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_rcap
 34% [ 25 ]
Great Pyrenees by Papo
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_lcap47%The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_rcap
 47% [ 34 ]
Malteser mix by Schleich
 1% [ 1 ]
Rhodesian Ridgeback by Scleich
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_lcap3%The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Toy Poodle by CollectA
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_lcap5%The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 73

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Empty
PostSubject: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 6:10 am

The poll for the STS Dog model of 2020 is open. This poll runs for 7 days, it will end on February 13th. We can vote just one figure but we can change our vote as long as the poll is active.
The winner will be announced the following day and that model will compete with all other category champions to determine the 2020 Animal Figure of the Year!

Below are photos of the contenders. Happy voting everyone!

CollectA  - Toy Poodle

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Collec21

Papo - Great Pyrenees

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Papo5410

Safari - Great Dane

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Safari10

Schleich - Rhodesian Ridgeback

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Qridge10

Schleich - Cocker Spaniel

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Schlei18

Schleich - Border Collie  (from a playset)

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Schlei20

Schleich - Chihuahua

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Schlei17

Schleich - Malteser mix

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Schlei19

Last edited by spacelab on Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 am

The poll I was waiting for! cheers cheers Very Happy I love you bounce bounce
And the standard is so high, it's going to be such a close decision! I'll have to have a big think about these 2020 dog models this week! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 10:09 am

Arf, so difficult choice...

From an aesthetic point of view, the great dane clearly.

But I am forced to vote for the chihuahua since my dog is from that breed !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 10:19 am

Great Dane without a doubt for me.

Last edited by spacelab on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 11:38 am

Great Pyrenees by Papo Very Happy

Ladytilly

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 3:38 pm

My vote has to be the Chihuahua!!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:35 pm

Great Dane by Safari Ltd, Safari has the most realism in my view.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 7:09 am

The two giants competing cheers

They are so different, it is a shame they can not both win Wink

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 am

So interesting that the Great Pyrenees is currently ahead of the Great Dane! Shocked But both are such amazing models, and as Susanne says, it's a shame they both can't win! Very Happy
And also so interesting to see that the Chihuahua has 5 votes! bounce
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 10:01 am

Great Pyrenees! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 10:28 am

I voted for the big fluff by Papo too, I really like him Very Happy It's the only 2020 dog I bought for my collection. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 7:54 am

I really like this category cheers Greetings especially to Bonnie sunny

My vote went for the wonderful Great Dane. I just love this model !
But I see that the Papo Great Pyrenees will be the winner and I am still very happy, because it is a wonderful model too , and I love Papo dogs.
Also it is a breed, very rare for the toy world :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 9:06 am

80% of the votes in two figures! It is a bipolar category as it was expected. Well, as it is aparently decided, I can share my choice and it was the Great Dane too. It is the best model of htis category in my opinion. Though, as Kosta pointed, there are a few points where the Great Pyrenees is more interesting. Yes, it is a more unusual breed and Papo, as a French company, took a clever decision releasing it. It is subjective but I think it represents also a more beautiful dog, and the pose of the Papo has some energy while the Safari model is in a very classic standing pose although perfect for this breed.
I think the Great Pyrenees Dog also brings to the memory of my generation, the anime of the begining of 1980's called Belle et Sebastien where Belle, one of the protagonists, was a Pyrenees Dog.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 am

Bonnie wrote:
And also so interesting to see that the Chihuahua has 5 votes! bounce

Yes ! Especially as the lovely poodle "only" has 4 votes Very Happy

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 9:46 am

I think Great Dane is quite lovely, maybe a bit too smooth texture and too flat paintwork for my taste, but overall it is a lovely model. But it's true that I just find the Great Pyrenees more beautiful. The breed reminds me of the Tatra Shepherd dog, a breed that's quite popular in the neighborhood where I grew up. I didn't grow up near the Tatra mountains but it is also popular in other regions of the Carpathian mountains, including Beskidy. Smile

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptyFri Feb 12, 2021 10:36 am

I agree with everything that has been said- both are gorgeous models and both have their positives ( And very few, if any, negatives!) Very Happy
I went for the Great Dane- although I found it so hard to pick between this model and the Toy Poodle- I'm actually surprised like Susanne that this lovely model doesn't have more votes! When I hold this model in my hand I can't help but be amazed at the detail on something so small- and it is a very small and delicate model, the tiny feet, the slightly pink tummy and the beautiful head- it is perfection! sunny But then the Great Dane was stunning, and with perfect proportions, that in the end I went for this gentle giant! Very Happy But definitely, if I were to vote on breed I would pick the Papo Pyrenees, I love how Papo are leading the way with their breeds, from them we have had much more variety, whereas for a company like Schleich, it seems that generation after generation we get repeats of breeds- but of course they are still lovely! Very Happy So I am very happy that the Pyrenees will win, because I just love how Papo are being brave and sculpting beautiful models with these dynamic poses- and of breeds that are so unusual compared to the standard ones usually released! cheers So these three are all winners in my eyes, and 2020 definitely marks a special year for dogs! Very Happy
And Tatra Shepherd Dogs are just wonderful Ana! drunken
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!   The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:17 am

The 2020 STS Dog Figure is the Great Pyrenees by Papo!

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Papo5411

It was a 2-Dog race actually, but the Great Dane was out of breath in the last part. 73 users voted to this poll and the 81% of the votes went to the two giants. It's the 4th time in a row that Papo wins the Dog poll. Final Rank:

1. Great Pyrenees by Papo
2. Great Dane by Safari
3. Chihuahua by Schleich
4. Toy Poodle by CollectA
5. Rhodesian Ridgeback by Schleich
6. Border Collie by Schleich
6. Cocker Spaniel by Schleich
6. Malteser mix by Schleich

Previous Winners:

2016 - Australian Shepherd by Papo
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Papo5412

2015 - German Shepherd puppy by Papo
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Papo5413

2014 - Siberian Husky by Papo
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Papo5414

2013 - Shiba Inu by Kitan Club
The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Kitann10

Thanks for voting!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:04 pm

My favourite category poll, and what a wonderful winner! cheers cheers
The beautiful Great Pyrenees, the choice of breed, the pose, and the detail of the fur, this fluffy white beauty definitely deserves to win- and what a battle it was between the Great Dane, and so interesting- I never thought that the votes would so strongly be between these two! Very Happy
And the final results interested me too- the Chihuahua came third, over the CollectA Toy Poodle! Shocked But then Chihuahuas are irresistible, and the pose on this little dog is very 'chihuahuay' - but the CollectA Poodle for me is stunning! Very Happy And all the other dogs on the list are wonderful in their own ways too, they could all be winners! I love you
And so interesting to see previous winners too- with the amazing Papo dogs taking them all but the first competition, the astounding KC Shiba Inu! drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:32 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 1:47 pm

It's so nice to see Papo Great Pyrenees winning! Yay! cheers

Back to top Go down
Ladytilly

Ladytilly

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Had it not been for the Chihuahua, I would have voted for either the Great Pyrenees or the Poodle...but I have the Chihuahua and I still can't get over how much nicer it is than the original photo of it that Schleich released!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 11:42 pm

Would have ben my second choice, as it is a rarely made breed. Best model was definiatly the Great dane.

PostSubject: Re: The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!    The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!  Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2020 STS Dog Figure of the Year: Great Pyrenees by Papo!
Page 1 of 1