Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari Empty
PostSubject: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi friends, does anyone have both the Papo and Safari models and can take a comparison picture for me please ? I have to make sure one is 25% larger than the other, very precisely. No, I'm kidding, but I still need one to be slightly more massive as a female.

Thanks in advance !
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 6:59 pm

You mean these two? (Bottom left)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you want a photo of just the two I can accommodate when I get home today.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:06 pm

Oh thanks Paige ! cheers

With the golden eagle and harpy eagle it's even more perfect cheers Would you say the Safari is more massive than the Papo (seems to on your picture) ?

However, now I see them next to my old Schleich pair I'm not so sure about the replacement. Of course they are better but the old Schleich are not so outdated after all (they are even better than the new Schleich).

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:11 pm

Not having the figures in hand right now, I'd say the Papo presents as taller (its perched and sitting upright) but tge Safari appears bulkier like a proper female. The Schleich however are still the absolute best in my opinion, their descendants just don't have the presence that pair of oldies have. But I will take a photo of all 4 for you when I get home. Just a few hours to wait. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 12:12 am

Here are the eagles, the papo is quite large actually. Hope the photo helps!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 12:18 am

Thanks Paige ! Yes it helps, but I really don't know what to do. I don't see such an improvement on the modern models...

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 8:26 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Thanks Paige ! Yes it helps, but I really don't know what to do. I don't see such an improvement on the modern models...

Great topic !!! Great photos cheers
In my opinion the older Schleich eagles are outstanding, but there are so many fine models. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 4:58 pm

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the figures here,  but as you have said the old Schleich really haven't been outdated yet. So if you want a change get the Safari and Papo. If not, stick with golden years Schleich.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 6:30 pm

I'll stick to the Schleich for now as I have many other Safari to get first Laughing

That birds of prey series was really amazing, maybe not as outstanding as the M&B sealife 1:32 but still.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari   Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari Empty

Back to top Go down

Bald eagles comparison Papo & Safari
Page 1 of 1