Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sunny's collection

Go down 
+22
widukind
Roger
Wilorvise
sunny
Caracal
landrover
Kikimalou
Balaenoptera
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
MartinH
Shanti
thebritfarmer
pipsxlch
Ana
Birdsage
jarda
Taos
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

sunny's collection  Empty
PostSubject: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 2:30 am

Good day, I like collecting 1/32nd animals.

these were old style plastic Britains zebra and a Hong Kong one that I changed into Quagga
this is their base coat (1 quagga does not have ears)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I use lots of different types of paint, usually water based and matt - these have been done in the small sample pots for home decorating/painting

and this is with their top coat
the stripe pattern is different in all 3, with degrees of fading on the rump, as represented in real specimens of Quagga

in the background is a Britains Water Buffalo with newly painted horns

and during their transformation (already old and well worn + I scrubbed and washed them thoroughly)

Last edited by sunny on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 2:42 am

Beautifully golden coated quaggas. Thank you for sharing these handsome figures!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 3:00 am

here are some llamas that I painted years ago - the 4 on the right hand side

and the llamas again, plus 2 anteaters (top left), an ibex and various deer that I painted, including a red deer and a white tail on the right.

the 2 anteaters I painted

it is very satisfying to paint over them. I have done tigers, camels, giraffe, gnu, antelope, deer, rhino, llamas, anteaters and bison to name a few.
thank you
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 3:01 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Beautifully golden coated quaggas. Thank you for sharing these handsome figures!

thank you very much:)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 am

Wonderful repaints Applause Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 8:41 am

I am so happy you decided to open a topic about your collection.
These figures are not exactly part of your childhood, unless you inherited them from someone. How did you gain interest in these vintage figures? I'm curious. Very Happy
Great work with your repaints and good idea for adding a quagga to your collection. Since you collect brands like Jeol, Cherilea, etc., I suspect you have loads of interesting stories to tell. Oh, and of course I love your anteaters! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 8:53 am

Good job.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 11:02 am

Beautiful repaints, they are so delicate and realistic! Very Happy I am so excited to see your collection, vintage models are wonderful! cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 7:03 pm

Great quaggas! I am curious what the antelopes (and deer?) in the second last photo are. You may already know, but there is a 1/32 scale topic; it looks like your collection has lots of interesting figures for it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 9:23 pm

Beautyful repaints !!! Often the paint has fallen off Britains models, and this way they gain a new "life" cheers

sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:22 am

Advicot wrote:
Wonderful repaints Applause Applause

thank you:)
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:30 am

Roger wrote:
I am so happy you decided to open a topic about your collection.
These figures are not exactly part of your childhood, unless you inherited them from someone. How did you gain interest in these vintage figures? I'm curious. Very Happy
Great work with your repaints and good idea for adding a quagga to your collection. Since you collect brands like Jeol, Cherilea, etc., I suspect you have loads of interesting stories to tell. Oh, and of course I love your anteaters! Very Happy

Thank you very much!
I have only ever had the Britains 1/32nd scale toys as I preferred the more intricate details on these finely made models compared to bigger models and I liked the fact that all animals were to scale, so when I display them it's nice to see. I had been given some as a youngster and they were sold in some shops I knew until recently, and the internet ofcourse if great to acquire models.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:30 am

widukind wrote:
Good job.

thank you
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:31 am

Bonnie wrote:
Beautiful repaints, they are so delicate and realistic! Very Happy I am so excited to see your collection, vintage models are wonderful! cheers bounce

thank you!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:40 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Great quaggas! I am curious what the antelopes (and deer?) in the second last photo are. You may already know, but there is a 1/32 scale topic; it looks like your collection has lots of interesting figures for it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thank you! and thanks for the link, it's a great thread.

there are a few I painted and added stripes on because I liked the look of them with stripes. These ones are packed away but when I get them out again I will take another photo
there is a small musk ox, a large kudu, large fat chamois, then I painted an ibex, a modern soft rubber deer (from a tub?), a Timpo? antelope I painted and added 2 stripes, a vintage moose I started to paint, a couple of red deer I painted I can't remember the brand, a cheap Hong Kong whitetail deer I painted

on the left are some Britains red deer that had no antlers, so I painted them as does. I also added a brown dorsal stripe as I liked the look of it.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:54 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyful repaints !!! Often the paint has fallen off Britains models, and this way they gain a new "life" cheers

thank you, and yes they have had a new lease of life! many animals are in a very worn condition with worn paint when I get them and it's nice to see their potential
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 9:48 am

These animals all now look so beautiful, for every species you have painted them so realistically! cheers cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 11:16 am

Thanks for telling how you gained interest for these models. It is really interesting.
The older Britains red deers work really nice as does without antlers. The newer one is not good to use as a doe because it is heavily maned as the British populations. Interesting you decided to add a dorsal strip,, At least chitals and hog deers have dorsal strips. Could you take a closer picture of the white-tailed deer?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:09 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Thank you for the information!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 6:18 pm

Wonderful collection and great repaints. Applause Applause

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:51 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks for telling how you gained interest for these models. It is really interesting.
The older Britains red deers work really nice as does without antlers. The newer one is not good to use as a doe because it is heavily maned as the British populations. Interesting you decided to add a dorsal strip,, At least chitals and hog deers have dorsal strips. Could you take a closer picture of the white-tailed deer?

they are all packed away but when I take them out again I will take some photos, thank you
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:52 am

Taos wrote:
Wonderful collection and great repaints. Applause Applause

thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:54 am

Bonnie wrote:
These animals all now look so beautiful, for every species you have painted them so realistically! cheers cheers Very Happy

I made up a few new patterns and colourways Wink
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:54 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thank you for the information!

you are welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunny's collection    sunny's collection  Empty

Back to top Go down

sunny's collection
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next