Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Märklin Circus Mondolino animals

Go down 
+4
Bonnie
widukind
SUSANNE
Babdo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Märklin Circus Mondolino animals Empty
PostSubject: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 1:14 am

Hello,
Märklin is great german modelltrain producer and since 2013 märklin is member of the Simba-Dickie-Group.
Märklin produces also some accessories such as a circus.
Here you see the animals of the circus mondolino:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 8:01 am

Great to see these !!!
I have the two little elephants , and the yellow tigers, and it is nice to see their collegues from the circus Very Happy
The lion, bear, and magician I have never seen before, - you even have a complete box cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 8:53 am

I can not say enough how much i like this kind of old figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:22 am

These vintage figures are wonderful, I love seeing what children of the past would have loved playing with! Very Happy These are really beautiful, and must be rare too- how amazing that you have them! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 am

Another very interesting topic. This was a subject also explored by a few Spanish companies, most remarkably Jecsan with all kind of figures you can immagine.

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Hello,
yes, I love circus figures and I have some artists but less animals.
I would not call the märklin circus figures vintage modell.
Märklin starts with the circus mondolino in the year 2008! Benno.
Märklin New 2008 Startset Circus Mondolino 29410
Here you see "Vintage" Heinerle and märklin.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 5:18 pm

They're surely not vintage. Though, the subject was comonly explored by vintage brands. It is not so common in modern days. As a collector this is not one of my favorite subjects but these are pieces with a cultural meaning. Jecsan also made loads of artist and even some bizarre things like the fat lady that you can see here! or the bearded woman somewhat like Conchita Wurtz.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 4:57 pm

Wonderful vintage models!

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:32 pm

Never seen them!! Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 10:19 pm

I was extremely surprised to read that these figures were not vintage. They are sssooooo vintage-like! They look a lot like my old NF animals that I bought back in the 1980's. And representing a circus with animals is very vintage-like too, because less and less animals are seen in circuses today, since abuses were reported during the past two decades. Very unique set indeed.
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 3:51 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I was extremely surprised to read that these figures were not vintage. They are sssooooo vintage-like! They look a lot like my old NF animals that I bought back in the 1980's. And representing a circus with animals is very vintage-like too, because less and less animals are seen in circuses today, since abuses were reported during the past two decades. Very unique set indeed.

Hello,
you are alright when you say the figures looks vintagelike.
I am a modelltrain collector and we say a modelltrain is not vintage when it is not older than 30 years.
I think the problem is how we use vintage or vintagelike. Both meanings are alright - the figures looks vintagelike and the figures are not older than 30 Years.
And you also alright when you say in modern circus animals are not representive in this way.
Have a good time.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Märklin Circus Mondolino animals   Märklin Circus Mondolino animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Märklin Circus Mondolino animals
Page 1 of 1