Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 7:06 am

Starting this thread off with my custom Spinosaurus, created from a knockoff of the limited edition Papo version.

The model is roughly at a 1:30 scale and unlike Papo's original it has articulated arms.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And lastly next to my 1:20 scale figure of Nigel Marven.

Last edited by Burgerenby on Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:55 am; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 9:11 am

This is very-very-very impressive affraid

All that detail, fantastic colour, and not least, wonderful photos cheers
I can't think of a better way to use knock-offs !!!

This talks about a person with a huge talent, and a wonderful sence of play and humour Applause Applause

I hope we see a lot more from you Wink

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 10:18 am

Thank you, the colouration was mostly inspired by the American alligator.
Midway through I was having some doubts about reposing the entire thing but the effort paid off.
I might show some of my older customs over the coming days here as well, they are smaller but I love them just as much.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 10:43 am

Beautiful, you have changed this knock-off into a model that is stunning in every detail! cheers cheers Applause
Wonderful clear photos too- I'm really looking forward to seeing more! bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Something from early January, a repainted Papo Megaloceros.
Normally I take photos on a wooden plank that is part of my desk, the Spinosaurus was just too large for that, thus the photos on my bed.
The colours for this giant deer are based on cave paintings.

A bit longer ago in October 2020 I did this with the Bullyland version as well.

As you can see there has been quite the improvement between the two attempts.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 2:48 pm

Beautiful repaints, you have made an amazing model look stunning! cheers cheers
It's wonderful to see the STS Animal Figure of the Year looking so fantastically real! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Thank you, someday I want to also paint one like the Irish elk taxidermy by Ken Walker and on another occasion adding a doe.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Oh wow, such stunning work! Spinosaurus is a special favorite species of mine, but the megaloceros and everything else... just stunning work on them all!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Willkommen aus Dresden :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Absolutely stunning! Shocked cheers cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 8:27 pm

Very beautiful and interesting repaints! cheers cheers I wonder which cave painting inspired you..  :)

..and you have the very precious Homo sapiens and neanderthalensis from Bullyland wonderful evolution set! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 4:09 am

Applause Applause Applause

You did a great job with this Spinosaurus . Now it has very original look and I really like pose and colours. And the Papo Megaloceros is really wonderful. It looks very realistic .
Well done ! cheers

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:38 am

Many thanks everyone, the cave paintings in question are of course the ones in Chauvet and Cougnac.
I have the full human evolution set by Bullyland, the Homo habilis is however still at someone else's place who helped me to order it from an American retailer.

This time I want to show something smaller I made, I took a giant arachnid from a Primeval play set by Character Options and turned it into the sea scorpion Megarachne.
The giant arachnids from the ITV show seem to be inspired by outdated Megarachne reconstructions so it seemed to fit.
I based the colours on vampire crabs.

Unfortunately I haven't made a Jeff Corwin figure yet (he encountered Megarachne in the Animal Planet program Giant Monsters), so this Nigel Marven will do (Marven did at least time travel to the Carboniferous in the ITV series Prehistoric Park).
Here is the commercial of the original toy line:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 10:04 am

It is surprising for me to see a knock-off of a Papo Spinosaurus and such an early repaint of the Megaloceros. Though, what rocks here is your fantastic talent! What you did with the true and false Papos is a huge step forward to turn them more realistic and this last transformation looks really genial! cheers

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 10:34 am

As soon as I saw the Megaloceros announced I planned to repaint it, but I was lazy and it took me until January, I think I received it in late November via pre-order from diermodel.nl.
There is another repaint of this model by PaintingDinos of the Dinosaur Toy Forum, she finished hers a bit later but we worked on our repaints at around the same time, you can see her version at the Dinosaur Toy Forum in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s collection thread.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 am

I was almost sure it was from Cougnac cave for the Megaloceros! :)

Spectacular metamorphosis to get this wonderful sea scorpion! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 3:39 pm

An unusual and wonderfully realistic repaint! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Thank you, there can never be enough sea scorpion figures and it's a shame there are no proper official Megarachne figures, not even of the outdated version, except for one plushie.

Today I fixed my neighbour's old Schleich Tyrannosaurus, she had it since her childhood and it thus gained some play damage.

I then let it meet the other generations of Schleich tyrannosaurs.

Gladly this wasn't my first attempt at fixing a model, however my first attempt to resculpt a missing part.
Before that it was mostly touching up paint wear on claw tips, or fixing the face of the 2019 Schleich Spinosaurus which is infamous for its sloppy paint job, but also getting rid of paint wear on an old Bullyland Brachiosaurus and Liliensternus, which I both received second hand.
I only took a before image of the Liliensternus but the other two used to look as I described before I fixed them.

I promised that next time I visit her I'll take her Schleich right whale with me and fix that one as well, its fluke has been split and the plastic is oddly melted in some areas.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Great, great works! I especially love the Papo megaloceros after your repaint. The original paintwork on this model didn't convince me at all. With the new colors, it looks amazing!
It's also great to see the progress that you made in your skills, the Bullyland one was very nice, but the new one is just amazing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 am

Thank you, I hope to reach your level of skill one day, your repaints are so impressive and inspiring, the colour transition on your horses is so soft and I am especially in love with your cats.
Speaking of cats, I thought today I might show my repainted Schleich Smilodon, I didn't really like the original figure too much but I think I saved it a bit with the new coat.

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Great repaints cheers They really are a big improvement of the orginal models. Especially the cave painting based giant deer Very Happy rendeer

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:31 pm

It seems you are toy fixer as well as a toy tinker! Wonderful work here, but again for me that strange sea scorpion is the stand out. Well done on all!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 4:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, that is still one of my personal favourites, I had a lot of fun painting the face.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks, sea scorpions have a special spot in my heart, I might post the other one that is shown with the Megarachne in the resin section sometime, it's a bit of a shame that there aren't any toys of them outside of Japan except for a few exceptions such as the Mixopterus from Safari's fossil Toob.

Today I made another mammal, I should probably post some more dinosaurs over the next days to balance it out, but mammals are just fun to paint.
A rather unusual repaint this time, I received a second hand Schleich gemsbok some time ago and turned it now into an extinct ancient Egyptian variant of the Arabian oryx, the appearance of this animal has been documented on the wall of Neferhotep's tomb and the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut.

Here it is next to my other customized extinct Egyptian animal.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Gosh !!! I am copmpletely behind !!!! affraid

Those giant deer are ever so enormously fantastic cheers
And, you made a beautyful model out of a "much-loved" Bullyland deer also Applause Applause

Alæl your models are beautyful , - I can't mention each one, but I love them all drunken

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 pm

Great repaint again cheers

I also like the 'story' the pictures tell: an Egyptian oryx meeting different animals on his safari expedition sunny (maybe he traveled through time and is now discovering what new species exist in this modern time. He seems very happy to have found another ancient extinct animal at last in the end :) )

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Sponsored content

Burger's Customs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next