Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023

Go down 
+16
widukind
George
Bonnie
Caracal
Joliezac
pipsxlch
bmathison1972
lucky luke
rogerpgvg
landrover
Taos
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
Advicot
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 2:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Each bird was bought individually; the fish came in a complete set in the tackle box.
K&M Audubon Black-throated Blue Warbler (Woodland Birds Series 2) (Sound does work, tag was included)
K&M Audubon California Gull (Water’s Edge Birds) (Sound does not work; tag was included. There is a major inaccuracy. The tail is colored black on its upper side when it should be all white; this may be due to confusion with the long black wingtips, which are lacking here.)
Trudy Management Corporation Soundprints/Possum Creek Press Tundra Swan (Smithsonian Wildlife Series) (Hang tag was included)
Replica Toy Fish Midwest Tackle Box: Bluegill, Pumpkinseed, Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Yellow Perch, Walleye, Northern Pike, Muskellunge, Tiger Muskellunge (hybrid of E. lucius and E. masquinongy), Brook Trout, and Channel Catfish. (These fish are almost never seen on eBay, much less a complete set with packaging)

Regarding the naming scheme, I have assigned names to quite a few of the existing birds. A more complete list of names will be posted on February 16. I would like to tell you all that I’ve become a lot more creative since the September Toucan Democracy Crisis. I can now assign many new names of my own choosing.

Last edited by Birdsage on Tue 1 Feb 2022 - 20:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 9:07

Nice, the muskellunge is in my wishlist.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 12:10

So many rarities here and interesting models and plushes, an amazing bundle of new additions! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 17:45

Nice fishes

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 20:28

Ohhhhh !!! That ringtail cat I love you I love you drunken

And so many other nice critters too Very Happy

Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 20:48

Quite late, but here is the thread for my collection of stuffed toys:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 2:24

Coming soon: Discovery Kids Plush Ring-tailed Vontsira
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 20:05

Here are my new additions for April 1st, 2022 (and this is no joke, despite the date)
First, the Ring-tailed Vontsira will not arrive for quite some time. It was scheduled for March 26, but that did not pan out, and it is currently stuck in transit. I just contacted the seller, and hopefully the situation will be resolved.

Additionally, I have been waiting for months for a response from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about my trade, which was supposed to get me a couple of K&M British Garden Tube figures plus a K&M RSPB Common Pochard plush. So if you’re there, Advicot, please inform me about the status of the trade.

However, I did get a lot of 3 plush birds, which included one of my most wanted items, the Aurora Arctic Tern, which is virtually never seen on eBay. It is in general a good representation with very accurate coloration, although the tail may be too short and the legs are too far forward. The manufacturer did make sure to put webbing in the feet and make the tail forked as it should be.

Also in this lot came the original K&M (Wild Republic) Audubon Wild Turkey from the Game Birds series, complete with its tag and a working sound box. Its coloration and overall shape is quite accurate. It appears to have two wattles coming off its bill, but not a snood, which is an inaccuracy.

The third item was a Unipak generic passerine with yellow upperparts and a white venter. You might as well call it a LYJ (Little Yellow Job). It is a fairly cheaply made item with a flat bill and rubber or soft-plastic feet. I am offering it for trade if anyone wants it; if no one makes an offer in 4 days, I will be selling this one in a lot on eBay.

Finally, I must mention that I will start writing more reviews on the Toy Animal Blog, and that I will post images of 8 more of my plush animals here today: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 21:03

That turkey is the most silly/wonderful plush bird I have ever seen !!! I adore it cheers cheers

The tern is gret, - and I am sure my kitties would love LYJ Laughing

Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Birdsage’s New Additions: Discovery, Safari, and PV, oh my!   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 2:59

I received quite a few new items in the month following the last “new additions” post. I will also change my posts to include more information; including scientific name, alternate common names (the name the toy is officially marketed under if it has one, is in boldface), year (if applicable), purchase price, and any other information worth noting.

1. I managed to receive the Discovery Kids Vontsira a few days late. It cost $24.09 including shipping. It was a pretty good deal considering that I’ve seen one sell on eBay for over $40 total. Apparently it has a sound box in its tail that would make the vocalizations of the animal when squeezed (in the fashion of the Audubon Birds), but this no longer works on mine.
Discovery Channel Discovery Kids (Limited Edition Madagascar Collection) 2001 Ring-tailed Vontsira (Galidia elegans. Often called Ring-tailed Mongoose, though this name is no longer considered correct as Malagasy carnivorans (family Eupleridae are now classified separately from mongooses (family Herpestidae).) (You may suggest (preferably Malagasy) names for this Ring-tailed Vontsira to go in my Stuffed Animal Collection page. Don’t worry, there won’t be a vote. I will just choose whichever)

2. I got a large $85.35 lot of figures primarily for resale purposes, intending to keep a few. The lot included many Toy Major horses, several Safari tiger cubs, and some dinosaurs, among other animals. I will be listing them here in the near future. Here’s what I am keeping:
Safari Ltd (Incredible Creatures) 2006 hermit crab (superfamily Paguroidea. This figure is probably detailed enough to identify to genus at least, and if taking into account which species are the most common overall/present in Florida, to species. I am not a crustacean expert, however. If anyone has thoughts about the identification of this hermit crab, let me know)
Safari Ltd (Wild Safari) 2007 Moose (Alces alces, probably the North American subspecies canadensis, considering the location of the company) (I am still on the fence as to whether I really want to keep this item)
Safari Ltd (Pets TOOB) Domestic Ferret (Mustela furo, formerly Mustela putorius furo) (This looks somewhat more like a mink. I am keeping this to customize into an American Mink (Mustela vison).)
Safari Ltd (Wild Safari) Emperor Penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri)
[Unknown Brand] {Unknown Year} Domestic Swan Goose (Anser cygnoides domesticus) (I am keeping this to customize into a wild-type Swan Goose.)
Schleich Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus) (I am keeping this to customize into a Bat Falcon (Falco rufigularis).)
K&M/Wild Republic (American Backyard Tube) lady beetle (family Coccinellidae, also called ladybugs and ladybirds) (I cannot identify this figure to any photos or illustrations of North American lady beetles. It has ten black spots but  the white pattern does not quite match that of the European Ten-spot Ladybird (Adalia decempunctata). I will tentatively refer to this as an Asian Lady Beetle (Harmonia axyridis), as they are commonly, though not natively, found in North America, and could theoretically exhibit this pattern is it is famously variable.)

3. I bought a bunch of lizards from the Play Visions 1995 Geckos/Chameleons set, plus two other figures. The total price of these was a whopping $155.84 (it was originally $177, but the seller decided to discount $15.16 after the fact) factoring in shipping. Good thing I had received (and budgeted) a $1000 gift from a family friend. Well, that, and the fact that much of the cost was made up of (relatively cheap) duplicate lizards intended for resale purposes in the future. So keep an eye out. Anyway, I got the following figures:
Play Visions (Geckos and Chameleons) 1995 Veiled Chameleon (Chamaeleo calyptratus)
Play Visions (Geckos and Chameleons) 1995 Panther Chameleon (Furcifer pardalis)
Play Visions (Geckos and Chameleons) 1995 Parson’s Chameleon (Calumma parsonii)
Play Visions (Geckos and Chameleons) 1995 Madagascar Giant Day Gecko (Phelsuma grandis, marked Madagascar Day Gecko)
Play Visions (Geckos and Chameleons) 1995 Common Leopard Gecko (Eublepharis macularius, adult coloration, marked Leopard Gecko) (This replaces my existing PV Leopard Gecko, which is missing the tip of its tail.)
Play Visions (Geckos and Chameleons) 1995 Common Leopard Gecko (Eublepharis macularius, juvenile coloration, marked Panther Gecko)
Play Visions (Bats) 1996 Wrinkle-faced Bat (Centurio senex, marked Wrinkle Face Bat)
K&M/Wild Republic (Record Breakers Adventure Tube) 2000 Colombian Red Howler Monkey (Alouatta seniculus, marked Howler Monkey) (I consider this figure to be A. seniculus as it appears to be the most common of the red-furred howler monkeys, to the point where it was historically called simply the “Red Howler”. In any case, none of the red-furred species can be considered “record-breakers”; the loudest land mammal is, in fact, the Black Howler Monkey, A. caraya.)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 19:31

Lovely additions

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 21:31

Nice additions! The Play Visions are very good! That hermit crab is also really neat.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 May 2022 - 10:45

Lots of interesting things here! You are very dedicated to these rarer models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2022 - 2:23

Birdsage’s New Additions (June 18, 2022)

Lots of rarities!
Thanks mainly to the eBay seller cokoel_0 (who I only afterwards found to be our very own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), I have received dozens of rarities since the end of April! Altogether, the various purchases from him amounted to a total of about $225 and consisted of several complete sets of figures.
Note that the names the figures are officially known by are in boldface.

1. Play Visions 1998 “Weasels” (Mustelids)
When I accepted a $30 offer for this $35 set, I accidentally bought an additional $35 set. The duplicates will be sold or traded at some point in the future. Now, these weren’t necessarily “complete” sets; they excluded the Striped Skunk (Mephitis mephitis, but possibly one of the hog-nosed skunks (Conepatus)) that would’ve been in the original set. That’s just as well, though, considering that skunks were moved out of Mustelidae and into Mephitidae after the set was produced. The sets did include the African Clawless Otter (Aonyx capensis), but I am not showing it here as I already have that figure.
American Badger (Taxidea taxus). Not a true badger (subfamily Melinae), but I do not know of any more appropriate common English names for this species; if you know a unique Native American name for this species, let me know.
Ratel (Mellivora capensis). Unfortunately, once this species started to become famous as the “most fearless animal”, the formerly rare colloquial name of “Honey Badger” somehow became the most commonly used common name for this species, which is not a badger and looks less like a true badger than the American Badger does.
Wolverine (Gulo gulo). Most likely the American subspecies luscus.
Tayra (Eira barbara). It is debated whether five of this species can kill one female Cape Leopard.
Marbled Polecat (Vormela peregusna). The first time I heard of the Marbled Polecat was in a 3rd-grade Daily Warm-ups science workbook, in a section about adaptations. I forgot about the species ever since until I started getting into mammals last year.
Black-footed Ferret (Mustela nigripes). This is the only real weasel (subfamily Mustelinae) in this set of “weasels”. This replaces the Yowie Black-footed Ferret in my collection, which has the proportions of a marten (see below).

2. Play Visions 1998 “Civets, Genets, and Mongooses” (Viverrids in the traditional sense)
All of these species either are or were classified in the civet family, Viverridae. All figures in this set are currently available on Collectible Wildlife Gifts. $30, free shipping.
Spotted Linsang (Prionodon). Now classified in the linsang family Prionodontidae along with the Banded Linsang. The oyans, often incorrectly called “African linsangs” are still classified as viverrids.
Ethiopian Genet/Abyssinian Genet (Genetta abyssinica)
Aquatic Genet (Genetta piscivora, marked Aquat Civet). This figure has some banding on the tail, which it probably should not have.
Banded Civet/Banded Palm Civet (Hemigalus derbyanus)
Common Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus, marked Binturong, Arctictis binturong). Obviously not a Binturong, which is black with bushier fur and pointed ears.
Ring-tailed Vontsira (Galidia elegans, formerly known as Ring-tailed Mongoose). Now classified in the Malagasy carnivore family Eupleridae.
Selous’s Mongoose (Paracynictis selousi, formerly known as Gray Meerkat). Now classified in the mongoose family Herpestidae. Not a Meerkat (Suricata suricatta); “Gray Meerkat” is an older name for the Selous’s Mongoose, which has gray/tan fur more similar to this figure. Probably is an actual Meerkat (albeit poorly painted) by virtue of the pose and shape of the mold.

3. Play Visions 1998 Toads (Frogs)
This set includes a mix of obscure, mostly tropical frogs (order Anura) that did not fit in the “Tropical Frogs” set (which was mostly poison dart frogs). All of these molds appear to have been revived in 2002 by Yujin, along with various other PV herps. Unfortunately, one species might fit better with the extinct ones further below… $45, free shipping
Asian Painted Frog/Asian Narrow-Mouthed Toad (Kaloula pulchra)
Oriental Fire-bellied Toad/Oriental Fire Belly Toad (Bombina orientalis)
Solomon Islands Leaf Frog (Ceratobatrachus guentheri, marked Asian Horned Toad, Megophrys montana). While the shape would be accurate for a Javan Horned Frog, the color pattern seems to more closely resembles that of a South American horned frog. The ID of C. guentheri is courtesy of sphyrna18, who posted this ID here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sumaco Horned Treefrog (Hemiphractus proboscideus,  marked Casque-headed Toad). Species known as Casque-headed Treefrogs have less cranial ornamentation than H. proboscideus.
Suriname Toad/Surinam Toad (Pipa pipa). Note the presence of 2 hatchlings on this female’s back and two on her abdomen.
Golden Toad/Monteverde Golden Toad (Incilius periglenes). Sadly, this species—which had been unseen for 7 years by the time the set was released—was declared extinct in 2004, 6 years after the release. (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rdFoq_Rd_n0) Presumably, the Golden Toad would have been considered the rarest living amphibian at the time, which may have been a reason this species was chosen to be produced.
Mexican Burrowing Toad/Burrowing Toad (Rhinophrynus dorsalis)
Corroboree Frog (Pseudophryne corroboree, marked Australian Mountain Toad). The name seems to be an original coining and does not appear to be an existing common name.

4. Play Visions 1998 Prehistoric Amphibians (plus a stem-tetrapod and two stem-amniotes):
Out of PV’s legacy of revolutionary but sadly retired sets, this one takes the cake. This set is jam-packed with obscure paleofauna—no “stock” animals here! The best-known “amphibian” here is Diplocaulus, and even that’s stretching it. It should be noted some of these animals were not “amphibians” in the strict sense. $85, free shipping.
Crassigyrinus scoticus was not an amphibian but a Carboniferous stem-tetrapod.
Pholiderpeton attheyi (formerly Eogyrinus attheyi) was not an amphibian but an early tetrapod or stem-tetrapod of the embolomere group.
Eryops megacephalus was a predatory Permian temnospondyl stem-amphibian.
Peltobatrachus pustulatus was a terrestrial, armored Permian temnospondyl.
Platyhystrix rugosus was a sail-backed Permian temnospondyl and a contemporary of the superficially similar synapsids Dimetrodon and Edaphosaurus.
Gerrothorax pulcherrimus was a flat-bodied predatory Triassic temnospondyl. It is known to be pedomorphic, retaining its larval gills as an adult. It is here depicted with Axolotl-like external gills, which was the prevailing hypothesis until it was determined that the gills were probably internal.
Triadobatrachus massinoti was a Triassic stem-frog.
Diplocaulus salamandroides was not a true amphibian but a member of a related group, the nectrideans.

5. Lot of 12 US Yowies:
This set and the ones below are each from different eBay sellers. This is is the smaller of two new lots of US Yowie figures, and I bought it for $11.16 plus $5.25 shipping.
Golden Ghost Crab (Ocypode convexa). Series 6: Colors of the Animal Kingdom
Gooty Sapphire Ornamental Tarantula/Peacock Tarantula (Poecilotheria metallica). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (hypersensitive hairs (trichobothria))
Sunflower Sea Star (Pycnopodia helianthoides). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (arm regeneration)
Golden Sandfish (Holothuria scabra). Series 5: Wild Water Series
Brown Sea Cucumber (Isostichopus fuscus). Series 7 Animals with Superpowers (organ regeneration and squeezing into tight spaces)
Knysna Seahorse/Cape Seahorse (Hippocampus capensis). Series 5: Wild Water Series
Blue Damselfish (Chrysiptera cyanea). Series 6: Colors of the Animal Kingdom
Mutable Rainfrog (Pristimantis mutabilis). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (texture-changing skin)
Chinhai Spiny Newt (Echinotriton chinhaiensis). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (protrusive ribs)
Galapagos Giant Tortoise (Chelonoidis nigra). Series 1: Premier Series
Irrawaddy Dolphin (Orcaella brevirostris). Series 4: Wildlife Conservation Society (this series was merged with Series 3 in Australia, skipping Series 4. I think this may be for superstitious reasons)

6. Lot of 30 US Yowies
This was an auction that I won for $20 plus $5 shipping. I was quite surprised that no one else bid on the lot, considering that it included several of the rarer Yowies.
Giant Australian Cuttlefish (Sepia apama). Series 5: Wild Water Series
Rusty-patched Bumble Bee (Bombus affinis). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (magnetism). This figure is sculpted on a honeycomb, which is not accurate for this species.
Devils Hole Pupfish (Cyprinodon diabolis). Series 2: All Americas/Ranger Series
Axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum). Series 2: All Americas/Ranger Series
California Tiger Salamander (Ambystoma californiense). Series 2: All Americas/Ranger Series
Pygmy Blue-tongued Skink/Pygmy Blue-tongue Lizard (Tiliqua adelaidensis). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (inactivity)
Black-flanked Rock-Wallaby (Petrogale lateralis). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (gripping feet)
Fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox). Series 4: Wildlife Conservation Society
Jaguar (Panthera onca). Series 2: All Americas/Ranger Series. Melanistic.
Amur Leopard (Panthera pardus orientalis). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (agility)
Spotted Hyena (Crocuta crocuta). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (chewing and digestive capabilities)
Gray Wolf (Canis lupus). Series 1: Premier Series)
Black-footed Ferret (Mustela nigripes). Series 2: All Americas/Ranger Series
Caribou/Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus). Series 7: Animals with Superpowers (ultraviolet vision). Probably the only subpar figure of the series; looks like a Moose.
I repainted my existing Yowie Black-footed Ferret (left) as an American Marten (Martes americana). I would repaint this new one (right) as a different marten species.

7. Lot of 10 K&M/Wild Republic Audubon Plush Birds
In this $100 lot of ten birds (free shipping), I managed to receive one of my most wanted Holy Grail items. There was one bird, out of the ten, that I already had; a Common Grackle (Quiscalus quiscula, no sound, tag included, Urban Birds Series). I sold this one for $50 and kept the tag. The lot also included two collector’s catalogs, one of which I will resell.
Trumpeter Swan (Cygnus buccinator, no sound, two tags included). Wetland Birds/Holiday Birds Series
Whooping Crane (Grus americana, no sound, no tag). Endangered Birds Series
Attwater’s Greater Prairie-Chicken (Tympanuchus cupido attwateri, no sound, tag included). Endangered Birds Series. MEGA RARiTY! Almost never shows up on eBay.
Gyrfalcon (Falco rusticolus, working sound, no tag). Birds of the North/Canadian Birds Series (representing the Northwest Territories)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus, working sound, tag included). Woodland Birds Series 2
Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula, working sound, no tag). Backyard Birds Series 2
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata, working sound, tag included) . Backyard Birds Series 2
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis, working sound, no tag). Backyard Birds Series 5
Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus pileatus, working sound, no tag). Woodland Birds Series 2
Name suggestions, please.

Coming Soon: Imperial Gerenuk, Club Earth Extinct Alive Dodo, and EVEN MORE Audubon Birds!

Last edited by Birdsage on Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 14:32; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2022 - 5:28

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2022 - 7:44

I struggle with space for figurines, so I don't want to think what would happen if I start collecting plushes Very Happy
Very nice additions, some of them in my wishlist (Yowies fossa and giant cuttlefish), and others I would not mind to have, such as some of the PV viverrids and mustelids. The American badger looks like best sized for my taste than the Safari one I rejected due to big size. But I wonder if the sculpt has enough quality. I was totally unaware of the existence of the Grey Meerkat species.

Would be not easier to wonder if 5 tayras can kill a jaguar, rather than a leopard?

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2022 - 3:24

Birdsage’s New Additions (July 3, 2022)

I bought these two figures separately from the same seller with combined shipping. Together, they were $9.98 USD+$5.25.
Gerenuk (Litocranius walleri). Imperial Small Wildlife. The notably elongated neck suggests that this figure is based on a Gerenuk, though the legs are somewhat short.
Dodo (Raphus cucullatus). Club Earth Extinct Alive blister card. This figure may be too yellowish-brown in color.

This lot of K&M Audubon plush birds included 37 birds (21 of which I am keeping) and was a steal of a deal, at $99.95 (free shipping). On average, one bird goes for $13, so the value of this lot would be well over $481 (considering that some of the birds are worth more). None of the birds came with tags, though.

These have working sounds:
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura). Backyard Birds Series 5.
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus varius). Woodland Birds Series 2.
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens). Backyard Birds Series 5.
American Kestrel (Falco sparverius). Countryside Birds Series.
Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus). Birds of Prey Series. I already have one of these, but this one looks sufficiently different that I will keep it.
Eastern Kingbird (Tyrannus tyrannus). Countryside Birds Series.
Bobolink (Dolichonyx oryzivorus). Open Spaces Birds Series.
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus). Backyard Birds Series 2.
Western Tanager (Piranga ludoviciana). Backyard Birds Series 2.
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis). Backyard Birds Series 1. Female version; this is the only species for which both a male and a female version were made.

The sounds do not work on these:
Wood Duck (Aix sponsa). Water Birds Series.
Greater Roadrunner (Geococcyx californianus). Open Spaces Birds Series.
Atlantic Puffin (Fratercula arctica). Water’s Edge Birds Series.
Common Loon (Gavia immer). Water Birds Series. Again, this is an item that I already have, but it looks distinct enough from that one to keep.
Great Egret (Ardea alba). Wetland Birds Series.
Great Gray Owl (Strix nebulosa). Birds of Prey Series.
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus). Backyard Birds Series 4.
Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis). Backyard Birds Series 3.
House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus). Urban Birds Series.
Common Redpoll (Acanthis flammea). Holiday Birds Series.

This last one is currently non-working, but it is an older model that, unlike the others that came in the lot, has the underside closed with Velcro instead of sewn shut. Therefore, the battery can easily be replaced, unlike the others, which would have to be cut open in order for the battery to be changed.
Red-headed Woodpecker (Melanerpes erythrocephalus). Backyard Birds Series 3.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 19:06

July 2022:
Lot of ~150 mostly unbranded animal figures, $69.99 USD, free shipping from Idaho
Safari Ltd 2008 Gray Wolf (Canis lupus) This figure features a strange paint issue at the mouth that makes it look as if it has blood on its lower jaw; perfect for a predation scene.
Play Visions 1998 Rainforest Wildlife Blue-and-yellow Macaw or Blue & Gold Macaw (Ara ararauna)
Play Visions 1998 Rainforest Wildlife Mandrill (Mandrillus sphinx) Also released in the Monkeys set.
Play Visions 1998 Rainforest Wildlife Okapi ( Okapia johnstoni) Also released in the African Ungulates set with a different number. This one is in better condition than the one already in my collection.
Play Visions 1998 Rainforest Wildlife Banded Palm Civet (Hemigalus derbyanus) Also released in the Civets, Genets & Mongoose set with different number and paint scheme.
Play Visions 1996 Wild Cats Cheetah (Acionyx jubatus) I’m keeping this as a replacement for one I sold after getting the Nat Geo Predators box set. Also released in the Serengeti set and reissued in the Yujin African animals set.
Play Visions 1998 Manu Amazon Wildlife Green Anaconda (Eunectes murinus) Reissued and recolored in the Yujin zodiac set as a Japanese Rat Snake (Elaphe climacophora)
Play Visions 1998 Manu Amazon Wildlife Harpy Eagle (Harpia harpyja) Also released in the Birds of Prey set.
Play Visions 1998 Manu Amazon Wildlife Brown Howler Monkey (Alouatta guariba)
Play Visions 1998 Manu Amazon Wildlife South American Tapir (Tapirus terrestris)
Play Visions 1998 Manu Amazon Wildlife Jaguar (Panthera onca) Also released in the Wild Cats set with a different paint scheme.
Out of this large lot, only a few figures were definite keepers. The also-rans included more PV wild cats and wild dogs, Safari TOOB figures, Good Luck Minis, unbranded farm animal miniatures of a particular style, cartoonish bugs, and all manner of horses, snakes, and big cats. Many if not most of these have been resold.

August 2022:
Lot of Australian Yowies, ~$60 USD +~$22 USD shipping from Australia
Series 4:
Atlantic Spotted Dolphin (Stenella frontalis)
Black-necked Stork or Jabiru (Ephippiorhynchus asiaticus)
Leafy Seadragon (Phycodurus eques)
Giant Oceanic Manta Ray (Mobula birostris)
Meerkat (Suricata suricatta)
Sydney Sea Hare (Aplysia sydneyensi)
Argus Monitor or Yellow-spotted Monitor (Varanus panoptes)
Spinifex Pigeon (Geophaps plumifera)
Spectacled Flying Fox (Pteropus conspicillatus)
Series 5:
Scimitar-horned Oryx (Oryx dammah) Missing horns.
Asian Small-clawed Otter (Aonyx cinereus)
Eastern Angel Shark (Squatina albipunctata)
2001 Adventures Series 6:
Bongo (Tragelaphus eurycerus)
Whooping Crane (Grus americana)
2002 Adventures Series 7:
Pied Heron (Egretta picata)
Parma Wallaby (Notamacropus parma)
2003 Series 8 Forgotten Friends A:
Northern Gastric-brooding Frog or Northern Platypus Frog (Rheobatrachus vitellinus) Extinct c. 1984
New Zealand Greater Short-tailed Bat (Mystacina robusta) Not officially classified as extinct as per the IUCN; listed as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct)
Bavarian Pine Vole (Microtus bavaricus) No longer classified as extinct; it appears that this species was rediscovered three years before the figure’s release.
Crescent Nailtail Wallaby (Onychogalea lunata) Extinct c, 1956
Little Swan Island Hutia (Geocapromys thoracatus) Extinct c. 1955
Caribbean Monk Seal (Neomonachus tropicalis) Extinct c. 1952
Lesser Bilby or Yallara (Macropus leucura) Extinct c. 1960
Balinese Tiger (Panthera tigris sondaica) The traditional Tiger subspecies P. t. balica is likely synonymous with P. t. sondaica, in which case it is taxonomically indistinct from the Sumatran Tiger and therefore not an extinct taxon; extirpated from Bali c. 1940s-1950s
Pink-headed Duck (Rhodonessa caryophyllacea) Not officially classified as extinct as per the IUCN; listed as Critically Endangered and may be extinct, though inconclusive sightings still occur.
Desert Rat-kangaroo (Caloprymnus campestris) Extinct c. 1935
Hawaii Oo or Hawaiian ‘O’o (Moho nobilis) Extinct c. 1934
Lesser Stick-nest Rat (Leporillus apicalis) Extinct c. 1933
Passenger Pigeon (Ectopistes migratorius) Extinct in the wild c. 1901, extinct c. 1914
Choiseul Pigeon or Choiseul Crested Pigeon (Microgoura meeki) Extinct c. 1904
Southern Pig-footed Bandicoot (Chaeropus ecaudatus) Since the figure’s release, pig-footed bandicoots have been split into two species: southern (C. ecaudatus) and northern (C. yirratji). As the original species was named C. ecaudatus, I provisionally identify this figure as the southern species, which has been extinct c. 1945.
Short-tailed Hopping Mouse (Notomys amplus) Extinct c. 1896
Red Gazelle (Eudorcas rufina) Possibly synonymous with Red-fronted Gazelle (Eudorcas rufifrons); listed by the IUCN as Data Deficient.
Eastern Hare-wallaby (Lagorchestes leporides) Extinct c. 1889
Warrah or Falkland Islands Dog (Dusicyon australis) Extinct c. 1876
Broad-faced Potoroo (Potorous platyops) Extinct c. 1875
Delcourt’s Sticky-toed Gecko or Kawekaweau (Gigarcanum delcourti) Extinct c. 1870. As of 2023, understood to be from New Caledonia and not New Zealand, and can no longer be identified with the Kawekaweau of Māori folklore.
Cuban Macaw or Cuban Red Macaw (Ara tricolor) Extinct c. 1885
Bluebuck (Hippotragus leucophaeus) Extinct c. 1800. Missing horns.
2004 Series 9 Forgotten Friends B:
Golden Toad (Incilius periglenes) Extinct c. 1989
Stephens Island Wren or Lyall’s Wren (Xenicus lyalli) Extinct c. 1894
Quagga (Equus quagga quagga) Extinct as of 1883. Subspecies of Plains Zebra.
2000 Lost Kingdom Series A:
Balbaroo fangaroo, Paleogene-Neogene periods
2002 Lost Kingdom Series C:
Giant Tree-kangaroo (Bohra paulae) Quaternary period
Also included were the unrealistic Series 5 Mandarin Fish and a number of duplicates, many of which I have sold as part of a $100 Yowie lot.

October 2022:
Yujin Freshwater Fishes Book 1, original release, $70 USD, free shipping from Hong Kong
Asian Arowana (Scleropages formosus) Secret figure
Big-scaled Redfin or Japanese Dace (Tribolodon hakonensis)
Pale Chub or Freshwater Minnow (Zacco platypus)
Rosy Bitterling (Rhodeus ocellatus ocellatus)
Ayu or Sweetfish (Plecoglossus altivelis)
Sakhalin Taimen or Stringfish (Parahucho perryi, formerly Hucho perryi)
Dolly Varden or Dolly Varden Trout (Salvelinus malma malma) Secret figure. Strange that this figure was identified with the scientific name of a North American subspecies. Taxonomic changes, perhaps?
Whitespotted Char (Salvelinus leucomaenis)
Masu Salmon or Cherry Salmon, juvenile  (Oncorhynchus masou masou)
Masu Salmon or Cherry Salmon, adult (Oncorhynchus masou masou) Secret figure
Chum Salmon or Dog Salmon (Onchorhynchus keta)
Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
Japanese Ricefish or Medaka (Oryzias latipes)
Round-tailed Paradise Fish (Macropodus ocellatus, marketed as the true Paradise Fish, Macropodus opercularis) The color pattern and tail shape on this figure show that it is supposed to be M. ocellatus and not M. opercularis.
Threespine Stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus aculeatus)
Barramundi, juvenile ([Lates calcarifer)
Barramundi, adult (Lates calcarifer)

December 2022:
K&M Lacertids (sic), large rubber toy, $10 USD+$4.63 USD shipping from Florida
As indicated by the name, this toy is intended to represent a member of the family Lacertidae: i.e. the wall lizards of Europe, North Africa, and Western Asia. While I once identified the figure as Bocage’s Wall Lizard (Podarcis bocagei, see here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it’s probably generic enough that it could stand in for any of a number of species.
This replica is notable as European species are usually poorly represented in the North American toy market.
These 15 Play Visions/Wing Mau figures were acquired in a trade with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for $50 USD and a PV clouded leopard
1998 Play Visions Exotic Lizards Thorny Devil (Moloch horridus)
1998 Play Visions Exotic Lizards Smooth Helmeted Iguana (Corytophanes cristatus)
1998 Play Visions Exotic Lizards Nile Monitor ([i9]Varanus niloticus[/i]) One of my most wanted Play Visions figures.
1998 Play Visions Galapagos Islands Wildlife Magnificent Frigatebird (Fregata magnificens)
1996 Play Visions Parrots & Cockatoos Sun Parakeet/Sun Conure (Aratinga solstitialis)
1998 Play Visions Weasels Striped Skunk (Mephitis mephitis) At the time of the set’s release, skunks were classified as mustelids; skunks (including the Asian species known as stink badgers) have since been reclassified into their own family, Mephitidae.
1998 Play Visions Marine Dinosaurs Mixosaurus cornalianus , Triassic period
1998 Play Visions Marine Dinosaurs Placodus gigas, Triassic period
1999 Play Visions Exotic Snakes Cape Coral Cobra or Cape Coral Snake (Aspidelaps lubricus, marked Shield Nose Cobra) The Shield-nosed Cobra A. scutatus lacks the prominent banded pattern present on this figure, which likely represents the related A. lubricus.
1998 Play Visions Crocodiles Cuvier’s Dwarf Caiman (Paleosuchus palpebrosus)
1996 Play Visions Tropical Fish Mandarin Dragonet or Mandarin Fish (Synchiropus splendidus)
1996 Play Visions Bees, Wasps & Hornets Common Aerial Yellowjacket or Sandhills Hornet (Dolichovespula arenaria)
1996 Play Visions Bees, Wasps & Hornets Bicolored Striped Sweat Bee or Virescent Green Metallic Bee (Agapostemon virescens)
1998? PV/WM Beetles Texas Ironclad Beetle (Zopherus nodulosus haldemani, formerly Zopherus haldemani)
1998? PV/WM Beetles Spotted Longhorn (Strangalia maculata)

January 2023
K&M 2003 Australian Birds Series 1 Red-tailed Black Cockatoo (Calyptorhynchus banksii), no tag, no sound, $29.95 USD, free shipping from California. This is one of the rarest of all Audubon and similar plush birds. It appears that the majority of the Australian Birds series was exclusively sold in Australia; how this one ended up in California is anyone’s guess.

February 2023
K&M 2015 Limited Edition Maui Forest Bird Recovery Project Akohekohe (Palmeria dolei), no tag, working sound, $15 USD, $11.75 shipping from California. The eBay listing originally also included the common Audubon Northern Cardinal and was $30 if I recall correctly. The $15 was a custom offer for just the Akohekohe.

Lot of 12 Safari Ltd and CollectA Cretaceous dinosaurs and one marine crocodylomorph, $110 USD+$12.22 shipping from Tenessee
2017 CollectA Deluxe Styracosaurus albertensis
2018 CollectA Deluxe Ceratosaurus nasicornis
2017 CollectA Deluxe Deinocheirus mirificus
2014 CollectA Deluxe Therizinosaurus cheloniformis
2016 CollectA Standard Mercuriceratops gemini
2012 CollectA Standard Kosmoceratops richardsoni
2017 CollectA Standard Einiosaurus procurvicornis
2021 CollectA Standard Kamuysaurus japonicus
2020 CollectA Standard Fukuisaurus tetoriensis
2015 Safari Wild Safari Sauropelta edwardsorum
2020 Safari Wild Safari Deinonychus antirrhopus
2016 Safari Wild Safari Masiakasaurus knopfleri
2016 Safari Wild Safari Plesiosuchus manselii

March 2023
Leosco 2011 Save our Space Black-and-rufous Sengi or Black-and-rufous Elephant Shrew (Rhynchocyon petersi) $24 USD, free shipping from Illinois. This has been probably my most wanted commercially-available animal collectible on my list.

Lot of 10 mostly Safari Ltd figures, $19 USD, free shipping from Vermont
Safari Ltd 1995 Tennessee Aquarium Fire Salamander (Salamandra salamandra) This is a highly desirable collectors’ item; $19 dollars is far below what the salamander alone usually goes for.
Safari Ltd 2015 Incredible Creatures Atlantic Goliath Grouper (Epinephelus itajara
Safari Ltd 2014 Wild Safari generic ammonite (Ammonoidea sp.) This figure cannot be confidently identified to genus, though a DinoToyBlog reviewer suggested Pleuroceras.
Safari Ltd 2009 Incredible Creatures Atlantic Horseshoe Crab (Limulus polyphemus)
Safari Ltd 2014 Deep Sea Creatures TOOB Giant Isopod (Bathynomus giganteus) While the name “giant isopod” can refer to any a number of species, most figures tend to be assigned to B. giganteus by collectors, as that is the largest and most famous species.
Safari Ltd 2013 Cambrian Life TOOB Sanctacaris uncata. Cambrian period.
The 4 other items that I do not plan on keeping are an unbranded fake seashell, a Schleich Dunkleosteus with a missing left pectoral fin, a Safari cave crayfish with crayon(?) marks on it(!!!) and a heavily scuffed Safari manta ray.

Lot of 38 bird figures, $58.95 USD+$8.09 shipping from New Jersey
1999 Play Visions Farm Animals Domestic Swan Goose (Anser cygnoides domesticus)
1998 Play Visions Crested Caracara (Caracara plancus)
199? Club Earth Extinct Alive Great Auk (Pinguinus impennis) Extinct c. 1852
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Atlantic Puffin (Fratercula arctica)
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Scarlet Ibis (Eudocimus ruber)
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Common Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis)
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Toco Toucan (Ramphastos toco)
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Pink Cockatoo (Lophochroa leadbeateri)
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Hyacinth Macaw (Anodorhynchus hyacinthus)
199? Club Earth Birds to Go Golden Parakeet or Golden Conure (Guaruba guarouba)
Also pictured are various Nayab and Safari birds suitable for customization. Of note are the Galapagos Penguin from the Penguins TOOB and the frigatebird and boobies from the Galapagos set.
The remaining non-keepers include a vintage Britains eagle, a common pair of rooster and hen figures, a baseless hen with a missing leg, a very common “Noah’s Ark-style” pelican figure, a white domestic turkey, some more Safari penguins, and most importantly, a duplicate caracara that was traded for the figures below.

April 2023
Lot of 12 assorted rarities, acquired in a trade with  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the aforementioned duplicate PV caracara.
Fauna Figures 2017 Fishes Ocellate River Stingray or Motoro Stingray (Potamotrygon motoro) Courtesy of our own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the Fauna Figures resin models were produced in very limited quantities and were never widely available, making this one of the rarest items in my collection.
199? Club Earth Extinct Alive Aurochs (Bos primigenius) Extinct (in the wild) c. 1627. Technically a pseudoextinction, as domestic cattle (B. taurus) are derived from B. primigenius.
199? Club Earth Extinct Alive Toolache Wallaby or Grey’s Wallaby (Macropus greyi) Extinct c. 1939. Misspelled without the e on the blister pack.
199? Club Earth Extinct Alive  Steller’s Sea Cow (Hydrodamalis stelleri) Extinct c. 1768
1998 Play Visions Monkeys White-faced Saki (Pithecia pithecia)
1998 Play Visions Exotic Insects Eastern Velvet Ant (Dasymutilla occidentalis)
1998 Play Visions Exotic Insects Egyptian Flower Mantis nymph (Blepharopsis mendica, marked Praying Mantis)
1998 Play Visions Exotic Insects Thorn Bug (Umbonia crassicornis)
1998 Play Visions Exotic Insects Pyrops intricata, marked Lantern Bug
200? K&M Tropical Animals Nature Tube Snowy Egret (Egretta thula) Not marked with species.
199? K&M Jellyfish Bulk Purple-striped Jelly (Chrysaora colorata)
1998 K&M Shark Bulk Swell Shark (Cephaloscyllium ventriosum)

Last edited by Birdsage on Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 14:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 21:18

congratulations on all your new additions!

what is the name of the cute brown spotted dino?

and those yowies look interesting - clip together ones? I've got a few yowies but never seen these clip togethers before!
if you ever get some time, I'd be interested in seeing a close pic of these ones - the quagga, the blue antelope, the bongo and leafy seadragon?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 21:24

Many rare catches

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 22:29

sunny wrote:
congratulations on all your new additions!

what is the name of the cute brown spotted dino?
Fukuisaurus. This dinosaur genus, containing only the species Fukuisaurus tetoriensis, was discovered in the Fukui Prefecture of Japan in 1989 and was probably similar to Iguanodon, which you probably know.

sunny wrote:

and those yowies look interesting - clip together ones? I've got a few yowies but never seen these clip togethers before!
if you ever get some time, I'd be interested in seeing a close pic of these ones - the quagga, the blue antelope, the bongo and leafy seadragon?
In the late ‘90s and early 2000s, the Yowie brand of chocolates and toys was owned by Cadbury. There was a British series of single-piece figures you may be familiar with, and a far more diverse Australia/New Zealand range that had multi-piece “clip-together” figures. The ones shown here are part of the Australian range.
The modern Yowies are currently sold in Australia, New Zealand, and North America (not the UK) by the independent Yowie Group; those are single-piece figures like the original UK Yowies.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 22:52

Thank you for the info about the Fukuisaurus tetoriensis. I can't get over how cute that model is! It's like a life size lizard Very Happy

and thanks for the info and great pic of the yowies. These ones are really very nice Birdsage - I'll borrow your pic for my wish list thread Wink
I think I prefer the clip togethers instead of the one piece yowies, though the crayfish/yabbie is my favourite of them, followed by the pelican.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyTue 9 May 2023 - 17:57

Really great additions, love the small figures like the Play Visions and Club Earth especially.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 EmptyTue 9 May 2023 - 18:02

Great batch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023   Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Birdsage’s New Additions: July 2022-March 2023
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7