Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue dogs

Go down 
+12
Jill
George
costicuba
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Ana
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Bonnie
A-J
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Rescue dogs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 7:13 pm

Oh, I love him! Both the custom and that WONDERFUL drawing! You really utilized that hair sculpture work to the best and emphasized it perfectly with the white marking placement. The artwork adds the perfect touch to this wonderful custom, really giving it a personality. So much talent!
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi all,

I have some new customs to show you. One is just a repaint, the other is more of an extreme custom. Some dogs needs to be rescued more then others Wink

They are slightly too big to fit in with the other rescues, and I haven't given them a name yet, but I thought this thread was the right place to post their pictures.

Here they both are:

Dachshund & Pomeranian puppy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Pomeranian puppy started off as a comic style hard plastic puppy.

I snipped the tail, ears, and various other parts of mainly the face, resculpted most of the head with Apoxie sculpt. This was more of a relaxing sculpting piece. I didn't worry too much about it being perfect and I didn't look up too much references and figured out while I was sculpting what breed it could be. Don't get me wrong: I do enjoy putting a lot of energy in making a custom or sculpture perfect or as good as possible, but it is a nice change to do a piece like this.

Here the puppy is with the the Dachshund at the base coat stage of painting

The Dachshund is a New Ray hollow dog. I got really excited about painting it a dapple Dachshund, dapple dachshunds are just such beautiful dogs  drunken
Also the base colour of gray that has a tint of brown in it was a very satisfying colour to paint.

Here's my Dapple Dachshund all painted in acrylics:

And the pictures of the Pomeranian puppy:
flower

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 3:57 pm

Superb rescues! They turned out so well.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 5:30 pm

Very beautiful, amazing repaints and resculpts. I love the colours of the dachshund and the Pomeranian is so adorable!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 6:43 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 8:24 pm

Great transformations!!!!!!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 1:19 pm

I am so in love with your dog customs! cheers cheers As I said before if you ever did commissions I would adore one, but can completely understand that there would be very little time if you did that!
The pomeranian is so sweet, and I love the idea of the dapple Dachshund, that colour is perfect, you have captured it so well!cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 11:19 pm

Wonderful repaints and these eyes! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 11:32 pm

These are so small and detailed! You did an amazing job!! Applause

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 8:53 am

Thanks everyone! sunny

Bonnie wrote:
... As I said before if you ever did commissions I would adore one, but can completely understand that there would be very little time if you did that! 

I do have more time these days, but what kept me back from doing commission so far is how expensive shipping to other countries have become. I'm still trying to find a solution. I'd hate to sell custom figures of which a third of the price are the shipping costs Mad I'm still figuring out how to best handle that since I would love to take on commissions and sell my original sculpts/3D prints. Neutral

But if shipping fees doesn't scare you, feel free to sent me a DM, maybe we can work something out :)

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 3:23 pm

A-J wrote:
Thanks everyone!  sunny

Bonnie wrote:
... As I said before if you ever did commissions I would adore one, but can completely understand that there would be very little time if you did that! 

I do have more time these days, but what kept me back from doing commission so far is how expensive shipping to other countries have become. I'm still trying to find a solution. I'd hate to sell custom figures of which a third of the price are the shipping costs Mad I'm still figuring out how to best handle that since I would love to take on commissions and sell my original sculpts/3D prints. Neutral

But if shipping fees doesn't scare you, feel free to sent me a DM, maybe we can work something out :)

Completely agree, shipping prices are awful these days and I can really understand how that would be a problem! pale I will have to have a think about it, I would be overjoyed to own one of your beautiful dog customs- I'll certainly keep it in mind for the future! sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 7:38 pm

Those two are just fantastic cheers
I am completely in love with that dachshound drunken
Isn't that colour what they call blue merle ?

Uhh, yes, shipping costs !
Thursday I sent an ordinary letter, 25 g, as an easter greeting to a neighbour country : 36 DKK ( app 8 EURO ) !! affraid
It is so nice to get a letter but with those prices no wonder people have stopped sending them Suspect

A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 12:42 am

The shipping costs for us are getting more and more expensive every year, except for big online shops who seem to be able to ship quite inexpensive especially since more people bought their stuff safely from home the past too years...

Luckily sharing photos of our creations to other hobby enthousiast across the whole world is still as good as free flower

SUSANNE wrote:

Isn't that colour what they call blue merle ?

I thought so too, but when googling it I found out that in the Dachshund world they refer to merles as 'dapple Dachshunds'. I suppose they love their alliterations clown

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 8:41 am

ahhh, I once got chased up the road on my bike by what I now know is called a dapple Dachshund!
I heard claws rattling on tarmac behind me, then a voice yelling "Henry! Henry! Get back here at once you little nuisance!", and because that gave the impression of something tame and cute rather than something aggressive to speed away from before it got me, stopped to see what 'Henry' was.
Henry stopped too, looking rather ashamed of himself cos I'd noticed.
He still didn't go back to his owner's gate despite a lot more calling and me pointing in the right direction, so I looked him in the eyes - one brown, one blue - and said "Henry, we better take you home" and wheeled my bike back beside him. And when we got there, his owner scooped him up and said (in a voice full of love) "Oh you disgraceful little horror, why do you always chase bicycles?" Laughing

Anyway, that's my one memory of that colour Dachshund in person, and you really have captured the coat's variation of colour and pattern wonderfully, and the subtle brushstrokey effect is a perfect rendition of the texture of overlapping hair between the colour patches.

A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 12:50 pm

It's high time I add the latest rescue dog to this thread:

I present you:

~Olefa~
The Otterhound

I was able to find a before photo of her:
I decided pretty quickly that I wanted to remove most of the ears and that the head needed to get a trim overall.
After some initial surgery I started flipping through my dog encyclopedia book looking for a breed that would fit this model.

After a while I stumbled onto the Otterhound and decided that would be a good fit :)
I thought it would be fun to explore this breed by drawing a few sketches, which was fun indeed:

and then I started resculpting more purposefully.
The red that you see is the airdrying clay that I used before I had my apoxie sculpt. So that means that I started the piece a while back. I suppose I gave up at some point, probably before I assigned it a breed...  I started working on it again as a try-out model for my, then new, apoxie so it was one of the first models to experience the aves modelling compound.

Apparently it was snowing at some point during the WIP stage santa
Fun fact: the original model had braids in the ears, I left one in one ear because I thought it would be fun to use an original element.

I did a lot of going back and forth during the painting cause it didn't came out the way I wanted it. But I settled for this final version.

The name, btw, comes from Olefacto, which comes from the Latin for "he who smells". I like to think of Olefa as a bit of an older lady who had a great nose when she was younger, but her smelling skills have diminished a bit now that she is older, but she still likes to think of herself as an outstanding sniffer. So whereas in her younger days her name meant "she who is able to smell" the name now has the double meaning of "she how smells a bit like wet dog" Laughing But she's a lovely lady anyways.

Milou doesn't mind her smell and is happy to be friends Olefa

and here's my favourite picture:
I love you

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 2:31 pm

Very beautiful work again. Interesting also your name choice. Portuguese is a Latin language and we really have the word olfacto. It is not exactly smell but the sense of smell. However, for dogs, we use the word faro but it is just the same.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 3:17 pm

Wonderful wonderful transformation again and into such a rare breed as well!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 5:53 pm

I LOVE HIM!!! What a great breed! I always wanted one.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Thank you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's interesting! I like different languages a lot, but I have to admit that my Latin knowledge in this case comes from Google, so it might not be entirely accurate. But I do love the sound of Olefa. Though Faro could be a fun name too for a different dog custom.  Would you happen to know a Portuguese breed that has great nose?

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Very beautiful repaints! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 2:53 am

Beautiful transformation! I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 7:13 pm

Wonderful to see this topic updated again! cheers
I love your breed choice of an otterhound! I love you Those drawings are beautiful, they really capture this breed perfectly! cheers And what an amazing transformation, I love Olefa, such a wonderful otterhound and I love the colouring you have chosen which really brings out her shaggy fur- just like the real breed! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 7:41 pm

I love the merle dachshund, it looks just like an old girl I used to take on walks at a shelter. You've caught that complicated coat really well, and created such a sweet face.

Your sculpting work is beautiful. The otterhound is a great testament to it, a whole new life and such a beautiful paint job as well. Applause

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 9:24 am

Thanks everyone! flower

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue dogs   Rescue dogs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rescue dogs
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3