Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+7
Megaptera
Roger
lucky luke
widukind
Advicot
Bonnie
Kikimalou
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  Empty
PostSubject: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 10:00

American bisons are a very common species in the toy world. Nearly all, maybe all, surely all brands in the animal toys history produced at least an American bison. We can see a lot of Bisons on TAW but I'm sure this page still miss a lot of them. Until yesterday, the Wildlife wonders bison was unbelievably missing. I filled the pool  Wink  I also made of the pics to make a small walkaround...

21cm in head and body lenght, 12,5cm at withers, this huge guy is the perfect candidate for a 1/15 shelf.  cheers

Let's speak the pics  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With The old Lineol ancestor  drunken

With the modern Papo ( I can't say the Papo is a great rendition of an American bison but I like very much the "vintage Elastolineol" texture.

With the old Britains Ltd (Wich was IMHO the best plastic rendition of the XXth century)

At last with a Mertens bison for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] topic.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 10:47

The is an amazing walkaround of this gentle giant!! cheers
He is absolutely beautiful, because he is so large Safari have included so much detail, and the colours are so well done- all the shades of brown so natural and blended! drunken
And as usual your fantastic photos seem to bring him off the page, so that we can see him as if he were in our own hands! And I love all the comparison pics too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 10:58

Wow, this figure is nothing more than stunning! affraid
Your walkaround presents him so, so well and you're really tempting me to collect Wildlife Wonders, even though I can't fit them or afford many of them Shocked Laughing

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 11:11

Very powerfull figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 12:36

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 20:43

I have a kind of secret project but my life needed to change a lot to I start it.
Since I love Southlands models and they are at 1:15 scale, I figured we have a lot of figures that match that scale in this hobby. Namely a few Wildlife Wonders from Safari as it is this bison, the hippo or the white rhino that are also beautiful figures. Together with many standard sized big cats we can build a fantastic collection at this scale. This bison is differently designed from what we are used, the body is not that massive, looks compressed laterally but it gives a realistic approach to this odel. The back legs are graceful with a reduced back, not all bisons are like that but it is easy to find some pictures of animals with that configuration. A serious model and a good candidat for my project if I ever go for it.

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 20:56

That's an amazing model. I think it's the best of its kind.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 21:02

This is easily the BEST bison model ever. To me it is the best WW model, even better than the wolves! I think I will have to buy it when it is retiring, it has caught my eye several times. Thank you for the stunning walkaround of this marvellous model.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun 21 Mar 2021, 22:07

Wow, rely a stunning figurine Shocked Thank You so much for this wonderful walkaround Applause cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021, 16:59

Thank you very much everybody to be here Very Happy

Rogério, I will try to make a pic with my other 1/15 scale north American fauna Wink
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021, 20:15

Fantastic photos as always ! Applause
And they present a wonderful model. For sure one of the best WW models.
I am a huge Bison models fan.
Back in 2018, when this model was presented together with a smaller version by Safari,
I got only the smaller one, which is also very good one.
And I taught to my self, ok this is enough, you don`t need the bigger one...
But after two years, I couldn`t resist anymore and last year I walso got this huge boy Very Happy
And I really like it. It is proud to be my biggest bison in my collection and one of the best sculpted :)
And till now, I am forgeting every time to take photos of it,
but here is the best excuse : Now we have a great walkaround , with the best photos from Kiki cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021, 07:26

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021, 14:41

Roger wrote:
I have a kind of secret project but my life needed to change a lot to I start it.
Since I love Southlands models and they are at 1:15 scale, I figured we have a lot of figures that match that scale in this hobby. Namely a few Wildlife Wonders from Safari as it is this bison, the hippo or the white rhino that are also beautiful figures. Together with many standard sized big cats we can build a fantastic collection at this scale. This bison is differently designed from what we are used, the body is not that massive, looks compressed laterally but it gives a realistic approach to this odel. The back legs are graceful with a reduced back, not all bisons are like that but it is easy to find some pictures of animals with that configuration. A serious model and a good candidat for my project if I ever go for it.

A picture with a croc maybe ? Wink The North american fauna on my 1/15 shelves. Hope you enjoy cheers

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021, 14:56

What a great bison! Thank you for the walkaround, Kikimalou!
I love the background paper you have used too, I think I need to find something like that study
The last photo of your 1/15 scale animals together is just amazing! What a joy to see it indeed! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021, 15:10

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

A picture with a croc maybe ? Wink  The North american fauna on my 1/15 shelves. Hope you enjoy  cheers

Epic picture Christophe! cheers Everything makes sense like that. Even the bison gets the colossal look they usually have. Thanks for showing this picture, I will use it for my own reference. monkey

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 20:36

Thank you Anna and Rogério, I think I will do such "scale" pics for my future "modern brands" walkarounds. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou    The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Safari Ltd WW100138 Bison, a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1