Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)

Go down 
+29
bmathison1972
Birdsage
rogerpgvg
Bloodrayne
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
George
RtasVadumee
Jill
Burgerenby
sunny
Seeway
Markus
spacelab
Mitsukuni
costicuba
Ana
Kikimalou
Taos
SUSANNE
Bonnie
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
widukind
Loon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Loon's Collection: New CollectA (October 6)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 3:58 am

It's been a minute, but I've finally gotten around to getting some pictures of my recent haul from MiniZoo. This time, it's CollectA's newest wave of figures.

Green Tree Python
First, the Green Tree Python, which is really well done. Snakes as a whole don’t seem to get much outside of toobs, so I’m happy with this bigger figure. The pose is nice and the scaling is fantastic. Pythons have such wonderfully shaped heads and that’s replicated well here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Iguana
The Green Iguana is next level, no joke. When I saw the in-hand pictures start coming in, I had gotten a bit worried, as I felt the colors were really muted. I’m happy to report that’s not the case in person. The green is so rich and the blue along the lower jaw is so pretty. I love all the folds in the dewlap and the scales are just mesmerizing. Compared to larger figures, especially some of CollectA’s dinosaurs, the fine detail here is so impressive.

Bison
I think this is a perfectly fine figure. I love how much texture the sculpt has and the anatomy is really impressive. The hair is especially nice to look at.
However, I don’t feel like this figure outshines any other bison I’ve owned. I had intended to replace my Safari Ltd. Bison with this figure, but, now I’m not so sure. I think the Safari figure just screams bison more to me. It really comes down to their hairdos, honestly. The CollectA figure is just too well-kept, he needs that big ‘do.

Appaloosa Stallion
Next up, another CollectA horse (otherwise known as vermin to some collectors). I picked this one because it’s an appaloosa and for some reason that breed is my favorite. I think this paint scheme looks so much nicer than the light brown version released last year. This new paint job certainly helps the sculpt appear less “angular” for lack of a better word.

Anglerfish
Deep sea creatures are some of my favorite extant species to collect. So, I got super excited to see such a detailed looking figure was coming out this year. I understand people have trepidations about larger figures, but as I’ve said, I love them.
As far as I can tell, this is a humpback Anglerfish. It’s not 100%, as the whole body looks a bit flattened horizontally, but it’s close enough. I love that tiny little male hanging on for dear life. Any figure that can capture behavior like this really stands out.
And wow, what a piece of plastic. It’s not often I talk about materials, but this thing is so dense for the size. She’s also translucent plastic, which adds so much to the otherworldly nature of these animals. She’s definitely my favorite of the extant animals so far.

Paraceratherium
I have long been an advocate for Paraceratherium, basically pining for any company to make one for the last few years. I-Toy was the first to satisfy my needs with a truly massive figure. That thing blew me away, so when I saw the promo pics for CollectA’s version, I had a hard time believing it could be top it, especially at a smaller size. I really need to stop thinking about figures that way, because now that I have both in hand I see that they both have their appeal.
I actually really like that CollectA went with such a different design for their figure. The long legs are another notable feature and I think they’re quite a bit more convincing than the stumpy legs on the I-TOY. The fur is interesting, for sure, but I can’t say I love the final look. I think there’s just a bit too much and random placement combined with the red paint looks a bit odd. I think they could have gotten away with making this thing basically hairless. But those are all nitpicks, really. I’m just happy CollectA has given us another prehistoric mammal.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 6:59 am

Congratulations! These are all lovely new models. One thing, that horse is actually a "Paint" (not a breed, but a color really). The mould is called an appaloosa because of the original color variations. That is just info for you as a collector. Wink Secondly, I wonder if the inspiration for the Para here was from Asian elephants. It obviously wasn't intended as a calf model, but next to the Itoy is certainly looks like one. Asian elephant calves are often quite hairy at first, the fluff falling out as they age. I just wonder if that was the vague idea behind the sporadic floof sculpted here. But of course, that is just my spitballing conjecture at the end of the day... Congrats again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Ah, thank you. I'm so casual when it comes to horses, I didn't even consider that.

Also, I really like your idea about the Paraceratherium. I was thinking more about forest elephants because the red coloration reminded me of how they look after bathing mud, but your idea makes a lot more sense. Unfortunately, Anthony Beeson didn't provide any reasoning behind this choice like he did with other new releases and since he passed, it may remain a mystery.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:23 am

Very beautieful figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 9:23 pm

Fantastic additions and it is so good to watch these great pictures from different angles.
I defintely like the python and it is a good companion to the spectacular anaconda.
The iguana is surely next level, it is so realistic and it turns a lot of previous models into jokes.
I hesitated at first about the bison but as long as more pictures are shared, i'm liking it more and more. I don't think the hump is completely correct to the indicated species but the level of detail is precious.
Anglerfish is probably something out of my collecting horizons that soon or later I won't resist. It is just phenomenal and much probably it will get my vote for figure of the year.
From the level of detail, to the fact it is a bizarre and obscure species, the tiny male being intelligently featured and the manufacturing technics used to get a result even more realistic.
I love Paraceratherium, I still have the old CollectA which is not a good model at all but I loved it so much since I watched the Walking with Beasts. I'm to attached to that rendition and the I-TOY has a compromise between the mage this program generated and my own perception of the creature. So, I defintely favour it towards the CollectA's recent release which looks somewhat like a macrauchenia. Though, I-TOY is out of my radars and the new CollectA is far nicer than the previous.

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 10:47 am

Wow Loon, you have an amazing collection and beautiful display cases! Superb! cheers cheers Applause Applause

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 6:03 pm

Thank you for sharing so interesting models! I am very impressed by the Python, the Iguana and the Anglerfish. cheers cheers

Like you, I don't like too muche the fur rendition on this new version of Paraceretherium but the general proportions are better than the ones on the itoy model and previous CollectA version whose necks were far too long! Though, the legs maybe seem a little too thin to support such a weight.. but I am very tempted.. :)
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Battle of the Sharp Chickens   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 10:05 am

Hi everyone, sorry I didn't get to reply to you all last time. It's getting closer and closer to finals, so I've been busy with school. With so much to think about, I’ve been dying for some kind of distraction and, thankfully, a few arrived last week.

Safari Ltd. Sinornithosaurus
I was working on a stop motion project last week, so my mom brought home some figures I had donated to her classroom for me to use. Among them were the Safari Feathers Dinosaurs TOOB, which I forgot I had given her. This Sinornithosaurus was one of the few without breakages or chew marks, so I decided to "save" it.
I'm happy to have this one back on my shelves. Of course, I love Yixian species, but it's also one of the earliest known feathered dinosaurs. I recently reacquired the Caudipteryx and wanted this guy to go along with it, but couldn't justify buying the TOOB or paying ebay prices just for one figure. So, this turned out pretty nicely for me.
I had the Safari Deinonychus out and thought it made a great show of how far feathered figures have come, even from the same sculptor. Look at how much more full the feathering is on the later figure. Still, the old one isn't obsolete and I'm happy to have it.

Safari Ltd. Cryolophosaurus
Finally... 2022 has been a good year for finally getting updated figures of species I've been longing for. Cryolophosaurus has been a constant on my wishlist for a few years now and I'm happy to say that I've finally got one that satisfies me, mostly.
Now, to be fair, some of the past attempts have been pretty good. I think Safari and Doug Watson have hit the nail on the head here. The figure doesn't feel generic, which I think the other models suffer from after the head. That long, slender neck and body that I got to see in person at the Antarctic Dinosaurs exhibit is rendered so well.
I can't say this figure is perfect, because it suffers from a couple of issues that have been bothering me about some recent Safari releases. A lot of the small theropods are posed a little too similarly and it's not very interesting to look at honestly. Like, what are they doing? This bland stance is becoming the Safari equivalent of Papo's "jumping back in horror pose."
The other issue is the color scheme. I was prepared for this to be another figure with a variation of that brown paint that has been used by Safari so much over the past couple of years, but I was surprised to find that it's not really. It does strike me as a little closer to that brown than I'd like, but it's more orange in hue. I appreciate them mixing it up.
Next to the Safari Deinonychus.
I finally got to see the accompanying movie at the San Diego Natural History Museum a couple weeks back and it made me want to get these two together.

PNSO Therizinosaurus
Another long-awaited update. I get that Therizinosaurus is fragmentary, but as a basic Therizinosaur, I really love this. PNSO can be a hard sell for me at times because of their prices, but this and the Deinocheirus had me jumping to order them as soon as the were listed. Unfortunately, despite ordering the Deinocheirus a little over a week earlier, I have yet to receive it.
I've seen a lot of talk about how people prefer the note dynamically posed Therizinosaurus figures we've received over the years, like Papo's. But, I gotta say, I love this more subtle pose. It's imposing, but not in an over the top, whacking a deer way.
The droopy pose and the drab colors work well, giving off that ground sloth feel Therizinosaurus might have had. Seriously, the feathers are just so characterful; it makes me wish PNSO would make feathered species more often. It'd be really nice to be able to compare these details to the Deinocheirus, but, you know...
Those big claws needed to manipulate some sort of plant material.
I love how all these Therizinosaurs bring something different to the table, and really would love to see a proper Falcarius.
"Battle of the Sharp Chickens."

Safari Ltd. Green Anaconda
This one...was a surprise. I didn't know if I liked it at first because it was so big. This is my fault, I know; I should have remembered that this wasn't from the standard Wild Safari line and that these were larger figures.
I mean, God, look at this thing; it's massive. But, you know, I actually really like that. I forgot that these animals can reach up to 30 feet long, which makes this seem a lot less silly along side my other extant figures.
I think this might interest prehistoric collectors as a substitute for a Titanoboa. Every figure of the huge boa made has basically just been a beefy anaconda, so why not save the money and go for this? Here's a pretty bad picture I took when I first got it to show off the size better:

Safari Ltd. Phillipine Eagle
If I'm completely honest, this year's Asian Animals TOOB was a pretty big disappointment. As someone who buys TOOBs to supplement their collection, this unique eagle was the only figure that interested me (the saiga's neat, but CollectA has me covered there).
The TOOBs are just getting better and better, in terms of paint and detail. I thought the Africa set from a year or so ago was great, but this figure is astonishing. I mean, look at those tiny spots on the nape; that's fantastic. It's also great to get a species from the Phillipines, which seems relatively rare.

Safari Ltd. Shiba Inu
Despite it's current meme status, I've never had much of a connection to this breed. However, I saw one in the Godzilla movie with just the longest name, Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, and fell in love with how they looked.
The Safari figure is pretty nice, even if the face loses a bit of the cuteness inherent to this breed. I do love the paint work here; the tan brushed onto the face and belly look so nice and really complements the fur sculpt.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Lovely new additions!!

I'm waiting for Safari to release their Okapi & Saharan TOOB so I can grab the remaining 2022 figures all at once. I'm only interested in the Asian TOOB for the Philippine eagle, and wow it looks so good! I'm so happy to see their TOOBS improving.

The anaconda is just gorgeous. I was planning on displaying it as Titanoboa since its too large to fit in my Amazon shelf. Its bigger than my actual Titanoboa from Rebor Laughing

I don't have a single figure from PNSO but wow that Theri and Deinocheirus are so tempting... I always really loved Therizinosaurus, I'm so happy that it was featured in both Prehistoric Planet & Dominion this year. Unfortunately I just spent my money on Nanmu's 2.0 carno... I'd love to see images of the Deinocheirus when it arrives!

I hope everything goes well with your finals! Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 5:24 pm

Superb new additions, lots of truly great figurines! I think the boa is my favorite from the bunch. The musculature for me really brings home how strong and terrifying those animals can be. Congratulations and good luck on finals!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 7:28 pm

Nice additions. But there are better versions of that phillipine eagle.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Loon; where did you get the Cryolophosaurus? It's not available on their site and HHT doesn't have it yet
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 8:52 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Loon; where did you get the Cryolophosaurus? It's not available on their site and HHT doesn't have it yet

I was wondering the same thing!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 2:28 am

I love your models, especially the Therizinosaurus. I don't use to enjoy this creature but the PNSO model really pleases me. I like the anaconda despite its size, if I lived in a huge house, I would love to get a lifesized one. affraid

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 4:48 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

The cryolophosaurus was just released on Safari's site. Hopefully the okapi and Saharan toob are soon to follow bounce

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 4:52 pm

Joliezac wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

The cryolophosaurus was just released on Safari's site. Hopefully the okapi and Saharan toob are soon to follow bounce

I snagged a Cryo this morning. I ordered the Suchomimus too to get the order to $25 minimum

about the anaconda; mine came a few days ago. it has a thicker body, but in terms of length and head size, it's not really (scale-wise) larger than CollectA's!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 6:10 pm

Congratulatio for your last new adds Very Happy Even if I'm a bit late Laughing

Green Tree Python, Green Iguana and Bsion were already on my wantlist and your pics help them to stay on the list, I will even probably add the Anglerfish drunken

About Paraceratherium we aren't of the same opinion. I am waiting too for a Paraceratherium worthy of the name. I am lucky to own the Fauna Cast but in life there are people who are never satisfied. Laughing The Itoy convinces me more than the new CollectA but that's not it yet. I'm hoping for a Paraceratherium with thick legs like an elephant, not like a slender giraffe. For me the size and weight of these champions require them to have strong legs. In addition I find that these slender legs prevent us from measuring how massive these animals were. The CollectA could be presented next to a moose or an okapi without shocking. What I say of course is only the reflect of my expectations and my feelings, not a scientific criticism.

For the Therizinosaurus, I'm delighted to see unofficial photos. I have the Papo and I love it but I really like the PNSO, I like the calmer pose and the details are magnificent. Could you tell us the size of this model?

The Green anaconda is perfect for me, big, massive and on the ground... The CollectA is very beautiful but it never convinced me.
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 9:35 am

Thanks every one for the comments, sorry I didn't reply sooner.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the Therizinosaurus is a little under 6 inches tall.

Thanks to DTF member, brettnj, I got quite a few neat figures from Japan (for more on that check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

TakaraTomy A.R.T.S:
Jurassic Park Figure Collection

I first saw this new Jurassic Park set in a Dinosaur Toy Forum thread not too long ago and I knew I had to get them. I love a good diorama and these are good, but the soft plastic bends easily, so some of the parts are a bit wonky. Despite this, I think The Lost World scene has to be my personal favorite.

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ:
Dakotaraptor and Ornithomimus

I think this may be the first Kaiyodo set I've gotten the year it was released, so that's a first.
As much as I love Ornithomimosaurs, I didn't immediately jump on this set, honestly. I had this assumption, probably from collecting Dinotales for a bit that this figure would be a lot smaller. It's actually relatively big and works well with larger figures. I do really like the pose; the ornithomimid seems to be eternally running for its life, so this alert look is fitting. I do wish the feathers ended mid-thigh like the preserved specimen, but I'll survive.
In my own self-mythologizing, Dakotaraptor is what got really into Paleontology again. I've talked before about the exciting time I had learning about all these dinosaurs I had never heard of, so I won't prattle about it further. Just check out my Paleo-creatures Dakotaraptor review for that. Of course, things have changed and Dakotaraptor is not exactly what I first encountered, being a pretty problematic taxon. Regardless, there was clearly some sort of large Dromaeosaur in Hell Creek, and thus figure is pretty generic as far as large raptors go, so it works well enough in my display. Also, I'd like to congratulate Kaiyodo on finally getting the feathers right...finally.
"Give me my bones!"

Kaiyodo Reptiles Lounge:
Galápagos Land Iguana and Frilled Lizard

I'd been looking for a good land iguana for a bit now and I thought the bandai figure would be it, but, for some reason, everytime I purchase that set, I get figures with very melty plastic that leaves an awful residue on my hands. So, I saw this set and had to get my hands on it. Getting the Frilled Lizard was a great bonus too.
The iguana is a bit smaller than I'd like, but that's a me problem. The yellow paint looks fantastic; it's so eye-catching that I can spot it all the way up on my extant animal shelf.
I had the Eikoh Frilled Lizard and, honestly, I really didn't care for it. This one on the other hand is beautiful. The pose and detail are amazing, regardless of the size.

PNSO Deinocheirus
Well, it took some time, but my PNSO Deinocheirus finally decided to show up.
I really despise PNSO for holding back and not making feathered dinosaurs sooner, because they are truly their best work. Especially since they have beaks, so I don't have to worry about buying anymore lipless wonders. Deinocheirus is one of the those dinosaurs that I feel in love with when I got back in[REDACTED FOR REPETITION OF OVERLY NOSTALGIC MEMORIES OF THE MID-2010S] This figure just gets it, you know? The heft and the shaggy coat are so beautiful and alive looking. And the paint...again, it's their best work (even if I have some slop on the neck). I do have the same standing issues as a lot of people, even after applying some heat, so that sucks, but I'll live.
Big bird and the kids.
The Nemegt formation group.
A bad picture with my other Deinocheirus, the CollectA version.

With the year coming to a close (thank god), and no other new figures in sight, I think I can say that this is my figure of the year. I honestly can't remember all the new figures I got this year (not that I'm bragging, I just don't remember these things), but I think that's a safe statement. Deinocheirus is one of my favorite dinosaurs and I can't imagine a better one coming out; this is perfect. So, until next time, hope every has a great December and happy holidays.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Lots of wonderful additions!

I love those little JP dioramas, they're so interesting.

Those Bandai figures are incredible! I only have the Safari Toob land iguana, the Bandai one is soo nice.

The frilled lizard is also so cool! I love the pose and all the details.

The deinocheirus is amazing, PNSO really did an amazing job on it cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 8:30 pm

Thanks for your answer, so the Papo is 5cm taller than the PNSO. Does it have standing issues ?

All your new additions are nice but the Deinocheirus is really breathtaking sunny

Thank you for your pics, they helped me to spend more money cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 pm

Superb new additions! I love that JP spino. Congratulations!

Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2022 10:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] PNSO figures have such small feet, I think they all will probably have standing issues. My Therizinosaurus is a bit wobbly, so I don't want to risk not using the stand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you. Yeah. The Spinosaurus is definitely a close second to the Tyrannosaurus for me.
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 4:22 am

I didn't realize how long ago the last post in this thread was. My interest in animal figures hasn't been a top priority for the past bit, honestly. Other parts of my collection have taken precedent in the meantime because there's really nothing I'm "hunting" for and I'm trying not to buy everything right when it comes out this year. So, this post is probably the 900th time you've read about this figure.
A couple of months ago, I was so tempted to just bite the bullet and pull the trigger on PNSO's Sinopliosaurus just to stand in for a Suchomimus. I'm glad my unhealthy dedication to my collection spreadsheet, where every figure is referred to by the manufacturer's given product name (yes, even Papo's "Swordfish"), stopped me from jumping the gun like that.
PNSO mostly nails the detailing on their figures, but I often find the color schemes to scream of "throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks." In this case, "everything" means all the earthy greens and browns. The contrast between the grey and tan actually really works and reminds me a lot of 90s Paleoart, like something from John Sibbick or Mark Hallett. The kind of art I grew up with that made dinosaurs seem so real. I associate Suchomimus as being a very late 90s/early 2000s dinosaur for some reason. Ironically, I also tend to prefer the colorful and strange looking duck monsters that Luis Rey and DK made them out to be. None of that takes away from this figure, mind you. Just a preference thing.
Speaking of preference, for a long time Safari LTD. had the only worthwhile Suchomimus available and it's been in my collection for a while now, but it never sat well with me. A lot of Safari figures circa-2014 were just too small for me, and I think the sculpts aren't as well defined as they could be. The body shape does strike me as quintessentially more accurate to the image of a tortilla chip shaped body that I have traditionally seen Suchomimus restored with, but I do still find myself preferring the PNSO.
Battat's Ouranosaurus still makes for a good companion, even if the Suchomimus is a bit large in comparison. This is a species I'd love to see a modern update of (crazy, flashy colors please).
And finally, time for the family photo with all my other Spinosaurids. This group's really seen a resurgence in the last few years with banger after banger. The diversity in this bunch is astounding and I love that they're all from different companies with their own styles, but are still clearly related.

That's it for now, since I imagine it'll be a little while before I next share a new figure here. I'm trying to hold off on ordering until more figures I want are released. As tempting as the new CollectA stuff may be...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 6:34 am

Congrats on the gorgeous new spinosaurids! I love thay custom model btw...   drunken

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next