Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pad-printed figures

Go down 
+2
Saarlooswolfhound
Mumm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mumm

Country/State : Estonia

Pad-printed figures Empty
PostSubject: Pad-printed figures   Pad-printed figures EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 3:40 pm

On Schleich webpage (Schleich Q&A "How is a figure created - from the idea to the figure?") it is said that some of the larger patterns are not hand painted:
Quote :
Each individual figure is hand-painted. The only exceptions are large-area patterns, such as the brown spot pattern of a giraffe figure, which are applied using the pad-printing procedure.

Does anyone know (or can guess) which other animals besides giraffes are not fully hand-painted? And have they done this from the beginning or when did they start using pad-printing? :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Pad-printed figures   Pad-printed figures EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 5:48 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if zebras and leopards are printed this way to make them consistent.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Pad-printed figures   Pad-printed figures EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 7:23 pm

CollectA zebras are printed, each one's identical to the next, but not Schleich - my zebras have slightly different stripes to photos I've seen online, and if you look at collectors' own photos of each zebra on google or sales sites, they're different to each other too.

Here's a quick example, check the two babies side by side : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or the four in this ebay listing :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roughly the same, but enough variety that you can tell it's a human hand copying a prototype pattern, not a print applied

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Pad-printed figures   Pad-printed figures EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:39 pm

Very interesting indeed Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pad-printed figures   Pad-printed figures EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:44 pm

Yes, so interesting, I never knew this! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Pad-printed figures   Pad-printed figures EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 pm

For sure the Schleich latest jaguar is pad-printed, all individuals have the same inaccuracies in the rosettes. Very good ones in the flanks but smashed ones in the back. The latest Female Cheetah also is pad-printed, all individuals lack spots in the lower side of one of the flanks and not in the other.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pad-printed figures   Pad-printed figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Pad-printed figures
Page 1 of 1