Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystery animals in my recent box

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
WhiteLightning Wolf
landrover
Babdo
Taos
pipsxlch
George
Bonnie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 12:31 am

It was a big mail day today!! So that means I have a few mysteries.

First of all, this guy is not unmarked, he's made by Engelberger in Germany. I was hoping someone here could tell me more about him/the company. Beautiful wooden model, I wouldn't mind adding more someday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then this guy looks a lot like the Ferrero Kinder Red Fox on TAW, but painted just a little differently and his seams are in different places. Is he still the same? No stamps at all.

And lastly, this weird little panda is marked CT and nothing else.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Googling, I can find a few wooden figures from Engelberger but actually I don't know anything about them. What I know is that the dog is very nice.
The fox is also misterious, why different assemblable parts?
Marked CT? It is also I've never seen before. Stays here for posterity and luckily someone can find information later.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 1:49 am

Another box, another question! Or three!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These aren't unmarked, they are just marks I don't understand.

This little lizard has Greenbriar Intl on him and a long number. Looking up the company name brings me to distributors for Dollar Tree, it looks like. Is that correct?

And I had a couple animals with S.H. Made in China, which I assume is just another version of the same, but I am just curious what the S.H. part means!

But one of them had S.H. Made in China as well as Terra by Battat. However, the Terra by Battat hippo on TAW looks nothing like this one. Is this an imposter with an imposter stamp?

EDIT: Last one. Hard to read, but it says DIG, a long number, and Jinhua, China. I assume that's just more specifically where it was manufactured?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 11:06 am

About Greenbrier you can find a few on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and there's also a set of tropical fish. I believe your'e right, they're common China toys branded with the dollar store company name.

It is not official but we believe SH stands for Shing Hing, a Hong Kong company that created the brand Wenno.

Oh, I love the imposter. You probably found who manufactured to Battat. Are Battat manufactured by Shing Hing?
Can I see a picture of the hippo with a Lego?

... and Jinhua is another mistery. Laughing Well, as you have checked yourself, it is one more Chinese city that is home to many Chinese manufacturers.
DIG stands probably for the name of the company, if it was DTC instead, I'd suggest Dragon Toy Co.
Another mistery to be solved.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Thank you for the information!

Roger wrote:

Oh, I love the imposter. You probably found who manufactured to Battat. Are Battat manufactured by Shing Hing?
Can I see a picture of the hippo with a Lego?
Of course!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 1:21 am

Thanks Jill! I feel like I know this hippo for a long time but I checked TAW and some of my files and I can't find it. Once more, you share something very intriguing and I enjoy it. It may link us to something . However, I need to check better among Battat sets, a few were available just for a short time.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 5:50 am

Jill wrote:
It was a big mail day today!! So that means I have a few mysteries.

First of all, this guy is not unmarked, he's made by Engelberger in Germany. I was hoping someone here could tell me more about him/the company. Beautiful wooden model, I wouldn't mind adding more someday.

And then this guy looks a lot like the Ferrero Kinder Red Fox on TAW, but painted just a little differently and his seams are in different places. Is he still the same? No stamps at all.

And lastly, this weird little panda is marked CT and nothing else.

Thanks!

Hello Jill,
You can find products of engelberger in German.
Here the website:
Engelberger.de
Engelberger will close this year 2021? because of the dead of Mr. Engelberger.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 3:53 am

Babdo wrote:

Hello Jill,
You can find products of engelberger in German.
Here the website:
Engelberger.de
Engelberger will close this year 2021? because of the dead of Mr. Engelberger.
Thank you so much for sharing! That's sad to hear, they have some really beautiful figures. And there's my little dog, confirmed as a Welsh Terrier! Hooray! Very Happy

I have another unmarked creature. A wolf this time, no stamp at all. Just a cranky face.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:27 am

That is a GI Joe companion animal (not sure what set, there are other wolves from this line too).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 9:06 am

Thank you so much for the link Benno, so many lovely dogs there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That is a GI Joe companion animal (not sure what set, there are other wolves from this line too).
Great, thank you! (He’s not very companionable looking. Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2021 12:49 am

Jill wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Great, thank you! (He’s not very companionable looking. Laughing)

Laughing It is an action figure so it looks quite correct for what it is supposed to be, have you ever seen the Chap Mei wolf?.
i think it is called Timber and it comes with Snake-Eyes character.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2021 1:38 am

Thanks for the further info on Grumpy! There are a lot of sets of Snake Eyes and Timber, it looks like. Long time friends, those two, I guess.

That Chap Mei wolf looks like Gmork from The Neverending Story! I was so scared of him as a kid. affraid

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2021 12:13 am

Jill wrote:
Thanks for the further info on Grumpy! There are a lot of sets of Snake Eyes and Timber, it looks like. Long time friends, those two, I guess.

That Chap Mei wolf looks like Gmork from The Neverending Story! I was so scared of him as a kid. affraid

Laughing It seems you've found the inspiration to that scary model.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:30 pm

I know the brand and I even found them on TAW, but I am a little confused about how they are organized. What set are they a part of? Under Terra by Battat, there is a North American Animals and Wild Life section, and there is a Lynx and a Grey Wolf in those . . . but not these two! And yet these two are pictured on TAW with Battat as the maker, just not linked to the main Terra page (that I could find).

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:43 pm

They are from this set...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The editor forgot to put the links of each figure to the series. Is it what you mean?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:04 am

Yes, thank you! Wow, what weird scaling in that set.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 3:41 am

This guy has 1971 STAR MERCH stamped on him. Who is Star Merch?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 2:39 pm

This skunk really looks like a striped polecate. I like it a lot. It seems Star Merch is one of the several Hong Kong brands that made merchandising figures. I can see they also have an anteater but this model is the nicest from all I've found googling. I am sorry for not finding more information but I'd really love to know either.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Thank you! Yeah, I couldn't figure out much with searching for it. I really like him, too, he is from pipsxlch!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 6:13 pm

Interesting brand :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Jill wrote:
Thank you! Yeah, I couldn't figure out much with searching for it. I really like him, too, he is from pipsxlch!

Kelly finds a lot of unusual figures. It is much nicer than all the other figures we find googling. It may be a hooded skunk and i love the back fur, head and paws.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 9:42 pm

I remember having this model as a child and remember there being another model-a lying down version.I will check and see if I can locate them. Smile

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 6:59 pm

Here are my 2 version of this model-they are just marked with Hong Kong.I think I may have painted over the white stripe when I was younger. Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 10:53 pm

That 2nd model has a fantastic pose. I surely didn't mind having these in my collection.

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery animals in my recent box
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next