Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystery animals in my recent box

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
WhiteLightning Wolf
landrover
Babdo
Taos
pipsxlch
George
Bonnie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am

Thank you for sharing those pictures! They do make a lovely set, what an interesting pose.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Have some more questions!

Both of these cats are New Ray and listed under My Best Friend on TAW, but the link takes you to a list of only dog breeds. Were these sold as a set, and are there other cats? Also, the gray Chartreux isn't shown, only an orange one.

Abyssinian
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chartreux

And then this cat was hard to look for, because it's not got a specific breed stamped on it, just Cat. But it's Safari LTd, so I bet someone can tell me what it is and what it's from!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 1:48 pm

The cat series by new ray is quite mysterious. They still sell the dogs in various sets but not the kitties. Hopefully someone has more info for you.

The safari cat I think is from the pets toob here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Thank you, yes, that's the one!

And interesting about the New Ray kitties, hmmm . . . they are nice models, both of them have really good faces and details. Hopefully there's some more info out there!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 11:17 pm

Here is an official picture of a New-Ray Cats set. Just with accessories as it happens with the dogs.
You can see a real box here for sale.

I will redesign the page on TAW, it is not correct and I will use your pictures.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 8:49 am

Awesome, thank you! I have seen many of those dogs and cats in random lots, and now I know where they belong.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Jill, guess what I found at a thrift store today? The reclining skunk! Laughing Want him?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:15 am

Oh nice, thank you!! If you don't mind hanging on to him in case I find some good trades, that would be amazing. :)
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 5:12 am

So mom found these in a thrift shop ages ago, and I had kind of forgotten about them. I'm not sure what to make of them, because I can't determine if they're plastic or resin or what? I think they're plastic, but they are very very hard, no give at all, and a bit dense and just a little bit brittle feeling. No branding of any kind. The vanner/cob has its spots engraved and then painted. I suppose they might be from the same set or company, but they were not found together. They are made from the same stuff, though, and have similar sculpting work.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 9:37 pm

They are wonderful models, very delicate, smooth and detailed! Very Happy Hopefully someone will be able to identify the brand! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 12:28 am

I also don't know what they are. Maybe made of polyresin . What I know is that they are beautiful and I don't see any reason to put them out of your collecting interests. Tinker is particularly pretty and it was not the weird pose of the back legs of the other horse and it could look much nicer. I think a Morgan typical pose could result better in that model. Nice to know that your mother found these for you.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:03 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 6:26 am

Thanks all! Mom used to find all sorts of neat things because she volunteered at the thrift shop. It's how I got most of my eight schleich. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it could be polyresin, that seems likely. They are a little more "decorative" figures than "play" figures I think.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Anybody recognize these? They are about 2 inches high and no marks whatever. They look like they belong together. I expect they're just knockoffs, but I'd curious of what.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 9:19 pm

They're wonderful, but I wish I knew more about them to help! They definitely have a vintage feel about them! sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 9:44 pm

I also have no idea and when there isn't anything marked, we don't even know how to start. Laughing
However, these are figures with identity, not just mini horses like many others, thus, I am sure if someone have seen them before, that person will recognize them immediately.
I agree they seem to belong to the same set.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 9:09 am

Thanks guys!

I bought this collie at an antique store today (I actually found it months ago and didn't buy it, but today it had been marked down a few dollars, so I went ahead and brought her home!). I know I'm not likely to ever know a brand or anything, but is there any way to maybe know an era? It's a hollow plastic with give to it. The only thing stamped on it is the letter A.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 10:05 am

Very graceful model. I have no idea what it is and my best guess for an era is 1990's but I may be completely wrong.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 12:17 pm

I have some similar models of dogs with the neck joint.

Tomorrow I will take photos.

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 10:25 pm

What a lovely elegant collie, I'm so glad you gave him a new home! cheers cheers
I love the way the fur has been sculpted, so flowing and all falling naturally unlike some collie models where they get it a bit wrong- he has a very sweet intelligent face too! sunny
I think Roger's right about the date and I was trying to think of any brand with dogs that have a similar style to this one... I would probably say he was made by some sort of Chinese brand- roughly how long is he in cm? The colouring and head that is attached on separately reminds me of Shantou Tuoxin dogs, they seem to range in size from about 8cm right through to at least 16 cm, like this collie (Although this one doesn't look much like yours it's annoyingly the only photo I can find of a dog by this brand at the moment, I've definitely seen others that are more similar to yours Very Happy) But as you can see this lovely dog has a line where the head has been stuck on separately. Yours looks to me a bit smaller though, which fits as the smaller dogs I remember seeing from this series had that sort of colouring! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sorry I couldn't be of much help- I'll save this photo and if I ever find out one day I'll let you know! flower
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 10:08 am

Thank you guys! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you're right, that collie does resemble mine in style. Great sleuthing! I would love to see the smaller ones someday and see if they look more like mine in coloring. This one is about 10 cm long, 7.5 cm tall.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I would love to see them, thank you!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 10:22 am

These Chinese dogs arrived to my country in 2015.

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 10:24 am

Oh yay, thanks!! That one in back looks like it belongs with mine! Same colors and style. What breed do you think that is? Papillon? Spaniel of some kind?

The poodle also feels very similar, mostly because of the kind of mottled unnatural colors. Those two don't happen to have letters stamped on them, do they?

Very interesting!! Thank you so much for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 9:46 pm

Thank you so much Fernando, yes those two (The Papillon and poodle that Jill noticed), are both the smaller ones by Shantou Tuoxin! cheers cheers They definitely look similar to your collie, the dimensions fit with their size too! Very Happy It will be really interesting to hear if they have any markings like your collie's! bounce study
I love that dog front right, I've never seen him before but he looks wonderful, they've really captured that Basset Hound sort of look so well! He caught my eye because he looks slimmer in build, more like one of the more unusual Basset types like the Basset Artesian Normand! Very Happy I'd love to know if you know anything about his brand/ whether he has any markings?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 9:14 am

Couldn't find this bear on TAW, but he seems to match the unmarked fox from earlier!

And this bear is just marked "polar bear china"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery animals in my recent box   Mystery animals in my recent box - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery animals in my recent box
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next