Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new collection

Go down 
+2
George
Advicot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

A new collection Empty
PostSubject: A new collection   A new collection EmptySun May 02, 2021 3:48 pm

After a long, long time considering that should I should collect dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures?

The answer is a BIG FAT YES! cheers cheers Very Happy

I will only collect these figures on a synoptic basis as I do not have enough room to display multiple brachiosaurs, tyrannosaurs etc
In addition, I will focus on major brand figures only as I don't want to be spending lots on the gorgeous PNSO Sad I love you
Now I must decide on which figures to pick, and I will definitely lean towards the Safari as they are so very beautiful and CollectA for prehistoric mammals. Very Happy

I have also decided to collect some vintage figures, however I will keep these out of my 'normal' collection as display them separately. Very Happy Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

A new collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new collection   A new collection EmptySun May 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Oh, what an exciting phase of collecting to be in, making those first choices - you've got a total blank slate to make up a wishlist from! Do you have a favourite species or group of dinosaur? Any figures you've got your eye on in particular, from other people's posts? Look forward to seeing what you pick first!

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

A new collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new collection   A new collection EmptySun May 02, 2021 4:08 pm

You wouldn't necessarily have to be synoptic on the mammals, they aren't so common... *wink*Twisted Evil Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

A new collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new collection   A new collection EmptySun May 02, 2021 4:20 pm

What a wonderful decision- there are so many amazing models out there that fit this category! Very Happy Can't wait to see what you choose! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

A new collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new collection   A new collection EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:10 pm

George, my favourite dinosaur species is the oviraptor as it is just like a naked and very skinny turkey Laughing I am more drawn to this type of dinosaur and I also really like sauropods as they are so big and majestic.

I already have a couple of species from my early childhood, like the Safari oviraptor and maiasaura, which will stay in the collection. Many MADE IN CHINA figures that are pretty hard to identify, and also a good number of Invicta and UKRD figures.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

A new collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new collection   A new collection EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:22 pm

I wanted to do the same. All those wonderful figures that were made in the last years make me really want to have a prehistoric collection, too. PNSO, CollectA or Safari - collecting dinosaurs or prehistoric animals in those times is really wonderful.

But then, I think of my poor wallet, poor bank account and the not so big spaces - it will be to expensive for me, as I know myself...I can´t stop collecting. And yes, having space for all the figures will be a problem soon or later.
So, maybe someday, but not today or for the next coming years. So, I´m chaning my plans and thinking of buying toob figures...we have a great diversity with prehstoric animals there too. I can get more figures and species paying one time a little bit more and they are tiny. Perhaps this will be mine solution.

But I´m very curious what animals you will choose. Can´t wait. But I´m sure, that seeing another collector with phantastic prehistoric beasts, will change my mind again Laughing
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

A new collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new collection   A new collection EmptySun May 02, 2021 7:25 pm

That's quite funny, you decide to collect prehistorics almost at the same time than I decide to collect domestics !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content