Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?

Go down 
+5
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
George
widukind
Roger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? Empty
PostSubject: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed May 05, 2021 3:11 pm

Since Paige posted a Funrise pronghorn antelope i didn't know at all and due to the relative success finding new pictures of Funrise Horses, especially thanks to @Jill,  I searched a little and there is a 2nd Zoo series from this company.
You can see all models on the back side of a blistercard picture I borrowed online. Credits go to the owner. Wink
Let's see if we can gather a few pictures of this friendly series to put on TAW with the help of all and see if these figures do not get forgotten.
I believe these figures are all marked Funrise, 1988 and probably a letter.
Other Zoo series is also far from being complete, you can see a list of the figures in this page.
Or below.

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? S-l1600-5

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? S-l1600

Those already listed on TAW are:

Baby giraffe
Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? Funrise-giraffe-1988-lr2

Brown bear
Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? Funrise-Zoo-1988-brown-bear2-LR

Lion
Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? FunriseLion

Mountain goat Laughing it is how the brand called it...
Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? Funrise-Mountain-Goat1-LR

Tiger
Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? FunriseTiger

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed May 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Nice figures, but i think i have none

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed May 05, 2021 5:56 pm

I have that bear! I remember buying it with my pocket money in a small discount department shop in town, intending to go back and collect lots more animals one at a time, but by the time I'd saved up enough for a second one and went back in the shop, they'd all gone. Never stocked toy animals before or after that, just the one batch. In 1988, I'd only have been six, but I suspect that kind of shop got them a year or two after the original release - being around eight feels more like how clearly I remember it, and that I was being given regular pocket money by then (20p every second thursday! Laughing )

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:06 pm

Glad my little new pronghorn could spur a discovery!  cheers I don't have any more but have seen that goat around before. I hope to see what everyone has and flesh out this mystery! I will provide TAW photos soon of the pronghorn.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:19 pm

This is such an interesting topic, and it looks as though this brand has made some wonderful animals! cheers I really hope that someone may have more models by this brand! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed May 05, 2021 11:15 pm

I have a leopard that looks like that and says Funrise 1988 on it, but it seems so much smaller than the tiger and lion? Maybe I am not thinking about the lego bricks correctly. I also think his spots are different (groups of three instead of one), but then, I know from the horses that the paint job advertised is very very different from the actual paint job!

This one is very hard plastic, not very pliable at all.

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? 181903520-373095167342623-7638556137489457405-n
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:57 am

Thanks @Jill, the size looks correct to me, Susanne's Lego brick is a small 2x1 piece while yours is larger. The painting is really different from the one we can see in that card but that's somewhat normal as you pointed. Funrise also re-released a few of their series later. It looks a factory painting, so I added your leopard on TAW.
Do you mean the plastic is different from that of the horses?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyThu May 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Yes, I've noticed with the horses there is a broad range of how they feel. I have some that are very soft and pliable and some that are very hard, like this leopard. I don't think it's super important, but I don't know if it has anything to do with how and when they were released.

And yes, thank you, I see that they are the same size now! I also found a photo on ebay of all three of them next to each other, and that helped. That leopard had the same kind of spots.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyThu May 06, 2021 11:26 pm

I also don't know if there is a reason to explain why the material is different. I know only that a few were re-released.
That leopard is also from the set we know for a long time, Paige's pronghorn really brought to our knowledge a set that seems quite rare.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyThu May 06, 2021 11:54 pm

Here is my pronghorn finally.
Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? 20210506-154450

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyFri May 07, 2021 12:16 am

Thanks Paige, I added your pronghorn on TAW. Curiously it is only the 9th figure of this species and Mojö Fun is the only non North American brand that released a pronghorn.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 10:41 am

Kelly found another figure from this rarer set and I am posting here her picture.
As this llama is marked 1989 and all the models of the other Zoo set are marked 1988, probably Paige's pronghorn is marked 1989 too. study
Here is the llama and a giant panda being sold and also marked 1989.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/151698629517?hash=item2351f1638d:g:V~0AAOSwl8NVam6B

Here's Kelly's llama for reference.

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? IMG_3635

Country/State : Usa

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 8:26 am

One of these days I'll pull out and post what I have of this set. At one time I'd like to say I had 3/4 of them, most of the horse collection but that was as a child. I've since recollected a few via random lots. I have most of the farm lot still though.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 6:19 pm

Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 pm

Farmerguy19 wrote:
One of these days I'll pull out and post what I have of this set. At one time I'd like to say I had 3/4 of them, most of the horse collection but that was as a child. I've since recollected a few via random lots. I have most of the farm lot still though.

Very interesting! I'm looking forward to see what you will show to us. bounce
Welcome on forum! Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 2:53 am

I found the 1988 Bactrian camel in my stuff, I will try to get a picture tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 2:26 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
I found the 1988 Bactrian camel in my stuff, I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

Your camel is already on TAW. From the first series we miss the baby elephant, gorilla, hippo and zebra.

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? 600px-Funrise-1988-camel-kelly

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptySun Jan 08, 2023 10:34 pm

Lol that is what I wanted to check on TAW when I couldn't get on. I couldn't remember if I'd photographed it.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2023 8:48 am

I'm glad we finaly find an official pic of my mysterious Rhino Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? EmptyFri Sep 29, 2023 9:24 pm

I think it is important to share in this topic these figures Taylor posted recently on forum. They are the kangaroo and koala from the 1989 Zoo series. Both are still to complete on TAW but slowly the number of missing pictures is decreasing.

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? New-ray1989-kangaroo-taos

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? New-ray1989-koala-taos

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?   Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these? Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise Zoo Animal Collection, who has these?
Page 1 of 1