Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?

Go down 
+3
zosenwoans
Saarlooswolfhound
Numa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? Empty
PostSubject: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyThu May 13, 2021 1:59 pm

I heard from a Papo sales rep that this item was cancelled and never released, yet it remains visible on many sites. Anyone know anything more about this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyMon May 24, 2021 7:08 pm

From my understanding this model was scrapped completely (maybe something wrong with the bendable components of it?). But it will not be released or for sale at all... Sad It seems there is a lot of confusion about it still though.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
zosenwoans

zosenwoans

Country/State : south korea

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:47 am

It's too bad.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 8:48 am

Good to know ! Rolling Eyes

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:04 pm

See, I already forgot Embarassed geek Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:12 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
See, I already forgot Embarassed geek Laughing

You were less active for a while so it is more than normal. Things could have changed meanwhile.

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 9:44 pm

I assume that they ran into similar problems as the Rebor Titanoboa, except that unlike Rebor they were responsible enough to do extensive product testing first and thus decided to cancel it instead of releasing a flawed product.
In case of the Titanoboa, the figure started to brittle in warmer environments, a lot of collectors who live in warmer regions ran into this problem.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 9:54 pm

Burgerenby wrote:
I assume that they ran into similar problems as the Rebor Titanoboa, except that unlike Rebor they were responsible enough to do extensive product testing first and thus decided to cancel it instead of releasing a flawed product.
In case of the Titanoboa, the figure started to brittle in warmer environments, a lot of collectors who live in warmer regions ran into this problem.

I knew that Rebor had many issues with their Titanoboa, although I wasn’t aware that people were experiencing issues with it after the fact. I noticed that mine had a very fragile jaw and I can’t really bend the snake in the neck area. I haven’t had any other issues with it but I do keep it in its box most of the time.

It looks like Schleich will be releasing a bendible anaconda in a wildlife set for the summer. I’m interested to see how that turns out.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 10:30 pm

Joliezac wrote:

It looks like Schleich will be releasing a bendible anaconda in a wildlife set for the summer. I’m interested to see how that turns out.

Could it be that they sold the model for Schleich to sell ?

I noticed in Numaans pictures that it looks rather similar Shocked

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 4:57 pm

For those who do not know what we are talking about, here is the picture, I put on TAW

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you point on the pictur in the "Anaconda" page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , you can see I stressed it was not manufactured after all .

In case you wonder if it is ok to use the picture from Papos catalogue, I did ask them.
But they never ansvered, so I thought *beeep*, and just did it. I mean : they did not say no Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 5:53 pm

Hahahah, they never reply so they never will complain that you use their pictures. At least, from Mojö Fun, Recur and Safari Ltd we have their official permission if needed.
Good idea about the mention on green anaconda's page.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?   Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere? Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Anaconda 2020 - Anyone seen this anywhere?
Page 1 of 1