Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Schleichfan

Schleichfan

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany

Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyTue May 18, 2021 9:37 am

Hi, I've got a new Schleich figure in my collection that I didn't even know existed before. Toy Animal Wiki helped me with that. Thanks  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

It wasn't a bargain, the seller knew what an extremely rare figure he has. But it was worth it and I am very, very happy.

And here is the good piece, from the Schleich Classics Early Farm Animals. The cleaning cat (licking her fur/belly). She's really beautiful in my opinion.

Are there more very rare or nearly unknown Schleich Classics figures?

And another question: At Toy Animal Wiki I found no number of this cat, but the info "One of set of 4 no 461". What does that mean?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Schleichfan on Fri May 21, 2021 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:02 am

I am far from being an expert about Schleich rarities but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], among others, can give you some light on it.
However, I suspect you really found something very rare. When we read at the wiki page that the editor noted it as "extremely rare". Shocked
"One of set of 4 no 461" much probably means that the cat belongs to a set with the number 461 and that the set countains 4 figures.
Sorry for not being able of helping you better, I don't have Gascher’s Collector’s Guide For Schleich Animals but I am happy Toy Animal Wiki was helpful to you and I want to congratulate you for finding such a rare and lovely piece. cat

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:11 am

Amazing find, it must be so special to have found such a rarity! cheers
You are so good at discovering these things, what a lovely cat! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Schleichfan

Schleichfan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:45 am

Thank you Lilias and thank you Roger. Yes, I informed Susanne already Very Happy

In the Gascher's Collector's Guide for Schleich you can't find this cat. And at tiewe.de this cat cannot be found there either. There is only, as another very rare figure, the white walking Classics cat with the black dots, the first variation of Classics Cat 12204.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyTue May 18, 2021 12:34 pm

Ahhhh, the one black cat missing from the set of 3 I have! I've only seen one other collector with it and long to find this one and the white with black spots walking and stretching cats. Saw both on eBay Germany but the prices at auction got out of control quick. Nice find!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyTue May 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Nice catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Schleichfan

Schleichfan

PostSubject: all 6 Classics Cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyFri May 21, 2021 1:32 pm

Now the time has come. I've got all 6 Classics cats together.

There are already three versions of the walking cat (12204) alone:
1. the early version in white with black spots
2. a smooth version
3. a structured version.

The white and black cat was part of a set that also includes a sandman (flexible figure with movable arms and detachable head) and a book.

Now I also know what set no. 461 is all about. In the old Schleich catalog, the four Classics cats (cleaning, sitting, walking, stretching) were grouped under the number 461. Later three of the cats got new numbers: Sitting Cat 12203, Walking Cat 12204, Stretching Cat 12205. Except the cat cleaning its fur. For whatever reason. That probably explains, why this cat is hardly to be found any more.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyFri May 21, 2021 4:01 pm

This is so interesting to see- amazing that you have found them all, including all the variations! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyFri May 21, 2021 6:13 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyFri May 21, 2021 10:03 pm

During all these years I witnessed several collectors dedicated to Schleich up to the rarest models. So, I shouldn't be surprised but I am. You go really deep and you can find some really illusive models. I didn't know the first cat of this topic was not even mentioned in the gascher's collector guide. Now you've got them all, many congratulations! cheers

Schleichfan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyTue May 25, 2021 10:18 am

Danke Andreas.

Thank you Roger.

The search for rare figures isn't easy. Definitely not. But it's a lot of fun. The networking and many conversations help immensely. Here a hint, there a goof advice, an excerpt from an old Schleich catalog ... I think all collectors know that. That is what makes collecting so exciting and fulfilling. Have fun
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together EmptyThu May 27, 2021 11:36 pm

Schleichfan wrote:
Danke Andreas.

Thank you Roger.

The search for rare figures isn't easy. Definitely not. But it's a lot of fun. The networking and many conversations help immensely. Here a hint, there a goof advice, an excerpt from an old Schleich catalog ... I think all collectors know that. That is what makes collecting so exciting and fulfilling. Have fun

I agree completely! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together   Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Classics Cat licking her fur - Update: all 6 cats together
Page 1 of 1