Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project

Go down 
+3
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 12:03 am

So I got into this hobby by my parents buying me farm animals, and by and large that was my favorite game as a young child; to set up my farm toys. I remember seeing this barn in a catalog as a child and I wanted it so badly but was also too expensive so I never got one. Several years ago I found this one at a garage sale and bought it for 20$. It was missing a few parts and the wood components (the roof and hayloft) were painted in a thick glossy teal monstrosity. (Unfortunately I don't have before photos...) this paint took HOURS to sand off and in some places there are traces of it still.... but I got the roof and loft restained and now I have a functional barn for my ooooold friends. :)
The barn itself
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The loft

And my mini play session Wink The grass is a bit long but you get the idea (nearly all of these were the toys I played this game with so long ago... it actually felt good to relive those days).

A popsicle stick "stall/shed" I made many years ago Laughing

My pony's name was Banana. Very Happy

Suprise!

And one of my helpers (Flynn) enjoying a good grass rub

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 12:30 am

With 20 dollars and a lot of patience you recovered good memories, a childhood wish and the result is surely a joy for you. It looks all amazing and it is again a special episode being told on forum. cheers

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 1:21 am

Absolutely wonderful, it really is a special sort of happiness to tap in so directly to those old, happy childhood moments, and to finally fulfill those little wishes that were so important at the time! I love that you have all your old friends to connect the past and the present and to relive a little of that "play" that's so hard to find as an adult. Great work getting that barn to look so good, too!

Banana is a fantastic name, too, he would have fit in perfect with how I named all my little horses. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:15 am

What a wonderful idea to have fulfilled this wish and taken a lovely trip back to childhood! cheers You have restored the barn so well and the animals seem so happy to be back on the farm! Very Happy I love how you have positioned the dogs- especially that cheeky mixed breed in the trailer and Border Collie peeping out of the car! I love you
And complete with your fabulous friend Flynn (he's gorgeous!), the perfect way to spend time! cheers
I've also been looking back and remembering earlier memories and sometimes wishing I could be a child again... as a teenager these days it seems that there aren't many who still 'play'. But it's something I still love to do and don't think I'll ever grow out of right through to old age! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 8:35 pm

Nice looking barn! I love the 3rd photo, looks so comfy!!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:34 pm

Thank you everyone! It really has been a fun experience to complete and something I have put off for years so it feels good to be done. I think as adults it is so hard to find that childlike joy and wonder, and this finished product is really truly like a time capsule. I can't say enough how fun it was/is/will be. Thanks everyone. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 3:05 am

This is really wonderful Paige ! cheers cheers cheers
For sure it was a fun project and the result is beautiful.
And I love your photos ! Applause

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 5:46 pm

Fantastic that you managed to find what you didn't manage to get as a child. It's like a doll's house for farm animals. I love the donkey with cart. Is the cart hand-made?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Thank you Kosta and Roger! I got the cart second hand, but it is made of balsa type wood (very light weight) so I suspect that it is handmade. Some day I am going to find something to put in it for my donkeys to pull. Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project   Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Barn #42028: A Passion Project
Page 1 of 1