Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size Empty
PostSubject: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 am

Hello,
I buyed three boxes at ebay. The boxes are named Wonder World of Nature "Jungle". When I turned the boxes to see the backside, I see the boxes are produced by Toy Major. And when I open the box, I see all the animals are marked with "TM 1998, the name of the animal and MADE IN CHINA". I am not sure if the boxes are complete because it seems that there is in every box a place for one figure more. Could it be that there was a figure like an animal hunter? Does anybody knows more?
See the pictures.
Benno.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Babdo on Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 pm

I like these kind of sets. Often are any treasures there

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 8:47 pm

There are corresponding sets for Forest animals released under the same name by Toy Major in 1997.
A few are listed here.
Now you are providing me more interesting pieces to be studied. I feared the increasing quality of the major brands models would remove any kind of interest about these Toy Major simpler designs but I am glad you are unveling so many great models from the recent past.
I believe your sets are complete, unlikely they'd put a hunter in a set like this.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 9:28 pm

I love that kudu! I've seen him floating around in some larger lots, and always think, that's a handsome little guy. That hippo is distinctly interesting as well. I like the ones with closed mouths, and it's got such an expression!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 9:42 pm

Wonderful models, and unusual too- I'd never seen them before! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 12:12 am

I listed these figures on TAW but I will probably, after a self-recharge, to open a dedicated page to this particular series.
Here we can find:

Cape Buffalo
Cheetah
Elephant
Gazelle
Giraffe
Greater Kudu
Hippopotamus
Rhinoceros
Zebra

If this Lion and Wildebeest are also part of this series once they're relatively small and marked 1998, we have a total of 11 when these sets are usually composed of 12 models.
So, what is missing? A crocodile? warthog? gorilla? I think we are very close from finding another complete Toy Major series. bounce bounce

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 am

Hello Roger,
thank you for your information and adding on TAW.
I have the Wildbeest (GNU) and here are some pictures.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Beno, thanks for providing pictures of the gnu. Maybe you can provide please one more picture. I'd love to see it together with the zebra,, not because I am a crocodile but only to check if their sizes are consistent as it looks.
This series has now its own page I will obviously turn it into a gallery and add your pictures of the sets. Very Happy

Babdo

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 3:11 am

Roger wrote:
Beno, thanks for providing pictures of the gnu. Maybe you can provide please one more picture. I'd love to see it together with the zebra,, not because I am a crocodile but only to check if their sizes are consistent as it looks.
This series has now its own page I will obviously turn it into a gallery and add your pictures of the sets. Very Happy
Hello Roger,
here the picture: GNU vs ZEBRA.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 9:04 am

Perfect Beno! Their size surely work nice together. The gnu have more delicate legs than the zebra or kudu but it may be from the same series. I'll keep the lion and gnu together with these until we find more.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size   Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Major 1998 Wonder World of Nature "Jungle"-Boxes found and unpacked - small size
Page 1 of 1