Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seeing Double

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Seeing Double - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 7:48 pm

I was to ask you something about your covid vax but I forgot. scratch scratch
I knew you would present a pair of wolves and rats were my ffavorite animals when I was a kid. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 1:44 am

Thank you Bonnie and Roger!

My vaccine went well. It was Pfizer and the only side effects I had were that I slept for 3 days solid and the lymphnode in my arm on that side of the shot swelled up and was uncomfortable for 10 days. Besides that it all went smoothly.

Thanks again friends!

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 1:48 am

Nice to see a rat get some love. That IS a cute model, I love the curl in his tail! And that's a good looking old wolf, just a bit grizzled. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 11:26 am

@Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Bonnie and Roger!

My vaccine went well. It was Pfizer and the only side effects I had were that I slept for 3 days solid and the lymphnode in my arm on that side of the shot swelled up and was uncomfortable for 10 days. Besides that it all went smoothly.

Thanks again friends!

I think those are among the expected side effects to the vaccine but 3 days sleeping is a lot. Sleep However, the important is that everything is fine now.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 6:08 am

Thanks for checking in though Roger! I just hope this "Mess" can get cleared up soon, if you get what I mean. And thanks too Jill!

Most of my childhood doubles were farm animals so now, we move to a small goat. One of the big gems of Old Schleich days, my baby boer goat broke a horn and the tip of one ear. So when I came across another (fairly scuffed itself...) I kept him since they are so hard and expensive to find!
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210715_202932

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 10:02 am

A wonderful pair of goats, you also seem to have found slight variations as the one furthest from the camera seems to have a darker brown head! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Ah, I have one of these too.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2021 11:37 pm

Thank you very much! Yes Bonnie I noticed, my original goat kid's white blaze is a little different too, in addition the the newer one being darker brown. :)

Again, these bulls share a similar story to the Fleckvieh pair. (Probably) Because they are mostly black, the scuffs are more noticeable and one barely looks older than the other. But again, ooooold friends of mine. :)
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210718-152753

And then here is one of my very cherished old horses! I loved him a LOT as you can tell, some his painted patches are nearly gone... I found his doppleganger last year at a thrift store and I was amazed he looked so good for his age! I cherish both of these and have many fond memories of tacking him up for outdoor "rides" and adventures in my play farm days (you can see him in my barn restoration topic).
Seeing Double - Page 2 20210718-152812

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 9:34 am

More wonderful old friends, that horse especially looks so loved! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Aw, the wear on that goat really gave him a lot of texture and personality! That Bull model is great, he looks so solid and stoic. And you can definitely tell that horse has been on many adventures. :) Amazing how you’ve been able to find “upgrades” for so many old friends!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 6:30 am

Thanks Bonnie and Jill! The Forum has been a great place to make new online friends and find "upgrades" for my collections.

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 3:53 am

I love the old friends- they show they've been the apex of any toy, a child's beloved companion.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am

Lovely doubles Very Happy
I completely agree about the eagles. They have always been making me feel good when looking at tham drunken
@Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Seeing Double - Page 2 20210706-200246

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Double   Seeing Double - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeing Double
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: