Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?

Go down 
+3
George
Jill
Bonnie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? Empty
PostSubject: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:22 pm

These were some interesting charity shop finds from today and I would be so grateful if anyone could help my to identify their brands! sunny  
The elephant doesn't have any markings but is made of quite hard plastic and is a lovely model- so much detail, but quite small. The lion, tiger and zebra are made of the same material and seem to be part of the same series, they have surprisingly nice sculpts with a lot of detail and realistic texture, especially considering how small they are! Very Happy After looking at Roger's collection it seems the fox is Nayab, but he's painted slightly differently and is marked 'Made in China'- maybe a copy?
Thank you!
flower
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:13 pm

I don't know at all, but that lion is SO cool! He looks like he should be a marble sculpture on an archway somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Thank you Jill, and I definitely agree about the lion! cheers
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:33 pm

I've always found that fox sculpt to be cute but hilarious, he's so out of proportion with his tiny tiny legs and stubby neck Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Nice. The fox looks like the larger Nayab fox :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 pm

Sorry I am not at help but the elephant looks very cute!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 10:19 pm

Excellent models Bonnie, the lion does look like a stone gaurdian statue in style! The only one I can ID is the fox, a nayab (they can vary in painting).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 10:48 pm

Thank you George, Andreas, Shanti and Paige! sunny It seems that the fox is now sorted but if anyone knows about the others I would be very interested! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 12:31 am

I also can't help but curiously those felines look great to me.

George wrote:
I've always found that fox sculpt to be cute but hilarious, he's so out of proportion with his tiny tiny legs and stubby neck Laughing

George, did you know the fox' Mother is the Nayab Ewe?

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 8:23 am

I can certainly see the strong family resemblance, Roger! Laughing

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 10:17 am

I agree [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the felines are wonderful! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Roger wrote:

George wrote:

George, did you know the fox' Mother is the Nayab Ewe?
What an animal! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?   Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox? Empty

Back to top Go down

Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Zebra, Fox?
Page 1 of 1