Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manatees: Seaworld and Safari

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Manatees: Seaworld and Safari Empty
PostSubject: Manatees: Seaworld and Safari   Manatees: Seaworld and Safari EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 10:47 pm

I came across this Seaworld model recently while working on my searchlist, and then whallah! It appeared locally at a thrift store. I find that it is highly reminiscent of the Safari model, pictured here. Not a direct copy, but material etc. seem eerily similar... thoughts?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Manatees: Seaworld and Safari   Manatees: Seaworld and Safari EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 12:31 am

One of them is a baby so it is natural some similarities with its parent. Wink They really look similar but even the snout is different. To me it is not a miniature copy but maybe one was used as a reference to design the other. That's a legite and common practice.

It seems SeaWorld models come from everywhere in every shape and size. Laughing
For example, in this Ebay sale we can see a manatee with a SeaWorld stamp but clearly marked AAA.
I am sharing here the ventral side of the figure, obviously credits go to the seller. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Manatees: Seaworld and Safari   Manatees: Seaworld and Safari EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 1:51 pm

SeaWorld figures are really nice and interesting. Do you know if there is a unusual specie too?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manatees: Seaworld and Safari   Manatees: Seaworld and Safari Empty

Back to top Go down

Manatees: Seaworld and Safari
Page 1 of 1