Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! Empty
PostSubject: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 2:34 pm

I noticed this brand was not yet presented on STS-Forum.
Last year, a new brand was born, it is called Mesozoo and Manuel Gil Jaramillo is the founder.
They already released an Allosaurus that can be ordered from their website, Amazon or bought locally in the  Natural Science Museum of Madrid.
It is for now a one man project with just a single figure released, thus, not yet an ambitious project but they have interesting plans for future releases.

Here is the Allosaurus and it is not one more Allosaurus because it representes the Allosaurus europaeus  species  found in Portugal in the Lourinhã formation.
It is 1/25 scale.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spinosaurus

Prestosuchus prototype

Those are all pictures from MesoZoo instagram

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:09 pm

Looks very good :)

But i think mesozoo will only release prehistoric figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:59 pm

Some awesome models there. That prestosuchus looks great!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:55 pm

Stunning models with details and realism that definitely rival PNSO! cheers It will be exciting to follow this brand in the future, maybe one day we will see an extant animal range! Very Happy (And dogs! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 3:32 am

I really like these, and would be happy to get them!
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 4:36 pm

There's a review of the Allosaurus on the Dinosaur Toy Blog. I'll probably get the Prestosuchus, just because it's so rare to get Triassic animals.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 5:09 pm

widukind wrote:
Looks very good :)

But i think mesozoo will only release prehistoric figures

Sure, if it was called CenoZOO instead, you could find some hope to have extant animals.

Bonnie wrote:
Stunning models with details and realism that definitely rival PNSO! cheers It will be exciting to follow this brand in the future, maybe one day we will see an extant animal range! Very Happy (And dogs! Laughing )

Laughing You're always quite optimistic, that's nice. Very Happy

halichoeres wrote:
There's a review of the Allosaurus on the Dinosaur Toy Blog. I'll probably get the Prestosuchus, just because it's so rare to get Triassic animals.

Why not the Allosaurus since it was assumed it represents a different species? I am surprised you haven't added it on your list of the best of each species on ATF. Isn't the species widely accepted yet?

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 6:07 pm

Roger wrote:

halichoeres wrote:

Why not the Allosaurus since it was assumed it represents a different species? I am surprised you haven't added it on your list of the best of each species on ATF. Isn't the species widely accepted yet?

Well, that's true, it's a different species. For my collection and that reference thread, I usually use genus as the unit of analysis, despite the title of the thread, unless the appearance of different species in the same genus is quite different. The various species of Allosaurus differ in ways that I think are fairly trivial. And to be honest, as a prehistoric collector, I am really, really bored of large carnivorous theropods. It's just non-stop theropods, enough already!

Last edited by halichoeres on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 2:41 pm

halichoeres wrote:
Roger wrote:

halichoeres wrote:

Well, that's true, it's a different species. For my collection and that reference thread, I usually use genus as the unit of analysis, despite the title of the thread, unless the appearance of different species in the same genus is quite different. The various species of Allosaurus differ in ways that I think are fairly trivial. And to be honest, as a prehistoric collection, I am really, really bored of large carnivorous theropods. It's just non-stop theropods, enough already!

Hahah, I agree! Dino toy collectors are usually very conservative what is a contradiction once palaeonthology and science in general are in constant mutation. Even the Spinosaurus pose choice for MesoZoo model received a massive preference for a bipedal posture. Godzilla rules. Laughing I know you and many other collectors break this tendency. I am myself a non dinosaur collector once almost all if not all my prehistoric creatures are non dinosaurs.

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 5:29 am

I've had the Mesozoo Allosaurus since over a year and I still love it, here is my Trachtman action figure riding it.

halichoeres wrote:
There's a review of the Allosaurus on the Dinosaur Toy Blog.

I'm glad I got to review it back then, I do however wonder how the situation is regarding future reviews, I still haven't gotten an email back regarding if I am still allowed to write for the blog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!   Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mesozoo, a new Spanish brand!
Page 1 of 1