Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*

Go down 
+8
pipsxlch
Bonnie
Taos
George
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Pardofelis
Joliezac
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* Empty
PostSubject: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptySun Aug 08, 2021 9:27 pm

Here I will be posting photos of my prehistoric photo shoots, whether it be dinosaurs, mammals, or anything else!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Joliezac on Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptySun Aug 08, 2021 10:17 pm

Oh man, these are the most absolutely incredible outdoor figurine photos I've seen ever, and I've seen a lot! You did an absolutely AMAZING work not only with landscapes, backgrounds and elements, but also with an extremely dinamic poses, field depth, and the most difficukt: flying dust, waves and water splash. You're really talented!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptySun Aug 08, 2021 11:59 pm

Formidable! cheers I knew it was a myth, it was not one asteroid that killed all dinosaurs, it was a pair of asteroids. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 6:42 pm

These are awesome! Once again, you have a great eye for photography. And you have a rare safari smilodon cub!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Magnificent, I was thinking the water shots were great but as I scrolled through there's so many I could pick out and compliment as excellent, I may as well just point vaguely upwards at everything! Laughing
Some of these look easily good enough to go on the manufacturer's pages to advertise how great their models are, seriously, lots of these are many times better than the paid professionals who do those publicity shots!

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Aw thank you so much! I try to make my photos as realistic as possible, or at least try to put them in a biome that would seem like it would suit them most. I haven't been doing these for very long therefore I only have a few locations I've taken photos at. So I'm VERY excited to find new places to photograph and take figures with me when I travel.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 8:48 pm

Superb photos!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Oh man, these are the most absolutely incredible outdoor figurine photos I've seen ever, and I've seen a lot! You did an absolutely AMAZING work not only with landscapes, backgrounds and elements, but also with an extremely dinamic poses, field depth, and the most difficukt: flying dust, waves and water splash. You're really talented!
I completely agree with what you said- they're stunning! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 4:28 am

All your photos are amazing! Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 1:10 pm

I am very imlpressed by your skill to suggest movements and life! cheers cheers drunken

The last photo seems so dramatic,.. could be the impact moment of the asteroïd?!.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 4:25 am

I haven't updated this topic since it was started. Today I went out with strictly prehistoric figures however, so that can change! With my recent dino fever and new prehistoric additions, I figured it would be a great day to get some photos.

The creek is finally green with all the plants growing back, perfect for photos once again cheers

I took many so I may break it up into a few posts.

Had to start it off with my newest addition: Nanmu Studios "Once and Future King" Tyrannosaurus rex figure. Inspired by the buck from the Lost World, JP.

Filling in for the doe rex, Rebor's Killer Queen "Plain" variant:

And their baby, Junior, portrayed by Papo's juvenile green rex

The stunning new diplodocus by Eofuana. I was struggling to photograph it due to the length  scratch

Papo dimorphodon:

Then I realized my poor Safari oviraptors didn't have any photos, even though its one of my oldest dinosaur figures. I was so happy to see the pitcher plant from last year back and green again. So I used it as the backdrop.

Then some curious Compsognathus by Rebor & Papo:

Since its quite long, I'll post more tomorrow!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 4:49 am

Really great lush green foliage there... I am a bit jealous. Wink
NIce photos again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 9:05 am

Very Happy  Excellent pictures with all these dinos (except the first one with diplo and you know why! Cool ) cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 6:04 pm

Fantastic pictures. Some look like I'm watching a dino movie. They also help to see how spectacular are some of these models.

George

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 6:30 pm

Wonderful, the sharp photography and natural daylight really brings out the detail of the models.

I'm surprised how well the three brands work together as a matched T-Rex family, they don't clash or contradict each other despite being from three totally different companies - usually there's something about varying artists' sculpting styles or different factories paintwork design which makes models not quite blend well together even when they're the same scale, but I don't feel that with these.

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 5:50 am

Thank you so much! I had so much fun photographing the rex family, I was surprised at how well they went together.

Here are the rest!

Rebor & Papo stegosaurus:

A rival male tries to take over the old buck's territory, but it unsuccessful...

Eofauna konobeladon, (I honestly wasn't really sure what the habitat of this species was so I figured I would have him visit a stream)

Eofuana Atlasaurus:

Nanmu Studios giganotosaurus:

A hungry Papo pentaceratops:

Then a small series of photos that go together:

A small herd of triceratops make their way towards the stream for a drink, but they get the feeling they are not alone...

The doe rex makes her appearance, and charges

The triceratops band together and prepare to defend their young

But to their avail, the male comes to backup its mate

A herd member is lost, and so the circle of life continues.

The remaining members complete their journey to the stream and take a much needed rest.

Hope you enjoyed! I usually photograph more variety, but I had too much fun playing around with the rexes  Laughing

a few additional shots:

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 8:23 am

Wonderful pictures, wonderful models and background! cheers cheers drunken

I had the same idea with my Triceratops and my T-rex but I have a little problem with my camera..  scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 12:23 pm

So many wonderful pictures. When I see pictures like this I don't know if it looks like a happy family or if it is supposed to be sinister. affraid

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 2:41 pm

Really great shots! That male T Rex is gorgeous.

Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Oh my, excellent figures and photos...............Welcome to Jurassic Park Crocodile
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 7:01 pm

You just made my day! cheers
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 8:09 pm

A great sequence, really carefully thought out in set-up and composition, which makes the shots look so much like scenes from one of the good CGI documentaries, and low camera angles to use the height illusion to make the animals look as big as they should be Applause

And so many of these hunting set-ups have to end with the prey escaping cos laying it down 'dead' wouldn't look realistic enough, but the corpse figures really help with the storytelling possibilities!

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 1:04 am

Thank you for all the kind comments! I really enjoyed the sequence, I'd love to do some more cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 1:17 am

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you so much! I had so much fun photographing the rex family, I was surprised at how well they went together.

Here are the rest!

Rebor & Papo stegosaurus:

excellent photography! and these photos are very emotive and my 3 favs from this group

I love seeing the baby dinos, I never knew there were that many! they are so cute (even the Trex baby), makes my heart melt

you are an exceptionally talented natural photographer, and like someone mentioned on here earlier - these pictures would be great marketing media for the companies prducing these models. Have you directed any of them to this page ? I think they may appreciate it :)
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 1:24 am

Joliezac wrote:

again - cannot praise these enough Very Happy that baby Trex is adorable Very Happy

I love how the tiny little green spiky ball flowers in the foreground are untouched, and you can see the sticky bits on them. It's like you are there too, watching all this silently!

the baby oviraptor is beyond cute!! I love how it is as big as the spiky ball flower!

and those compsognathus lizards in the last 2 pics are beautiful I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*   Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd* Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Prehistoric Photography: *Updated June 22nd*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next