Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s

Go down 
+6
Burgerenby
widukind
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
Schleichfan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Schleichfan

Schleichfan

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany

The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s Empty
PostSubject: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 4:59 pm

I was lucky enough to get hold of some incredibly rarities: Schleich's first animal figures.

At the end of the 1940s, Schleich had started with the bending figures and then produced the first animal figures in 1955, long before the Classics series came out.

There was a series of four animal figures that Schleich produced 1955/56. Including this frog and this lizard. Both are relief figures, flat on the underside. Something very special.

Also new to my collection and also very old is the cat with the curly tail/long twisted tail from 1965 in the original bag (No. 367).
And the red seahorse (No. 361) from 1964.

Ich hatte das Glück, ein paar unglaublich seltene Raritäten zu ergattern. Es handelt sich dabei um die ersten Tierfiguren von Schleich.

Ende der 1940er hatte Schleich ja mit den Biegefiguren angefangen und 1955, lange bevor die Classics-Serie herauskam, dann die ersten Tierfiguren hergestellt.

Es gab eine Serie von vier Tier-Figuren, die Schleich 1955 produzierte. Darunter dieser Frosch und diese Eidechse. Beides sind Relief-Figuren, auf der Unterseite flach. Etwas ganz besonderes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ebenfalls neu in meiner Sammlung und ebenfalls sehr alt sind die Katze mit dem Ringelschwanz / langem gedrehten Schwanz aus dem Jahr 1965 in der Original-Tüte (Nr. 367).

Und das rote Seepferdchen (Nr. 361) von 1964.

Last edited by Schleichfan on Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 6:12 pm

Very interesting to see these early figures. The frog and lizard don't really look like traditional or vintage figures, they actually look quite modern. I don't know much about Schleich and didn't know it was so old. I am quite curious about the history of Schleich animal figures, is there a place where I can get information about it or would anyone be happy to sketch a short history?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Those are really super rare and museum pieces. Yes, it was already a good time ago we were discussing the 75th anniversary of Schleich with the famous special zebra painted animals. Thus, it is a much older company than what we usually think. Many congratulations for finding such rare models and thanks for sharing them on forum. I really like the seahorse. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 8:33 pm

Oh wow, what amazing collector's and historical pieces! Thank you SO much for presenting them here.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 12:24 pm

These are absolutely amazing, they must be so rare! Shocked That is such an achievement to have found them, they are treasures- you are so good at finding the rarest Schleich animals! cheers And in the original package too for the cat! cheers I'm so glad they've found a home in your stunning collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Schleichfan

Schleichfan

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Thank you  everyone.

Yes Roger, the Schleich company is older than you think. Founded in 1935 by Friedrich Schleich in Schwäbisch-Gmünd. So Schleich celebrated his 85th birthday last year - with the golden Lion.

Thank's Lilias. I'm very happy to found these treasures. And of course I hope that more will follow.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 2:05 pm

Especially the seahorse is interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Schleichfan

Schleichfan

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 2:48 pm

Absolut. Das Seepferdchen ist fantastisch, Andreas.
Eine befreundete Sammlerin hat den alten großen Seestern von Schleich, der ist auch klasse. So groß wie eine Hand!

Absolutely. The seahorse is fantastic, Andreas.
A collector friend of mine has the old phenomenal starfish from Schleich, as big as a hand!
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Diese Katze sieht so aus wie ich mich fühle.

All in all great catches, I really like the sea horse's sculpt.
I wonder if there was a special reason for relief figures to be made like this or if it was simply easier as then only one mold half would be required.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Schleichfan wrote:
Thank you  everyone.

Yes Roger, the Schleich company is older than you think. Founded in 1935 by Friedrich Schleich in Schwäbisch-Gmünd. So Schleich celebrated his 85th birthday last year - with the golden Lion.

Thank's Lilias. I'm very happy to found these treasures. And of course I hope that more will follow.   Very Happy

I am aware of it and I have the golden lion even if these special figures are not usually my focus. I would love to see a picture of the starfish, i hope you can find it someday.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 8:57 pm

SO great to see some of the models from your incredible collection cheers

Shannon1927

Country/State : United States Maine

PostSubject: Beautiful pieces    The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 5:01 am

Hello,

I am new.
I love old toys. I picked up an old tin farm last week. I started to pull out the pieces and noticed a group of animals that were to big for the set. I put them aside and decided to look them over later. Later came and one of them caught my eye. The depth to the color and it’s shiny coat had me checking it out right away. I now know they are Schleich farm animals.
Well, of course I dive in and start getting the story on the company and products and her all my animals names and numbers figured out. Except I don’t. Not at all. I’m ready to pull my hair out.
Below is my
13002 Duck lying in grass 1983 W. Germany 5cm
The list I found says the duck I have isn’t the 1984 one but that doesn’t seem to be the problem because my duck say 1983 on the bottom.
Why do some of my animals say W. Germany and some say Portugal?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 8:09 am

Hello Shannon1927 and welcome in our village cheers

I can't wait to see the photo of your duck.
Portugal, Germany or China tell us where the product was made.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 12:31 pm

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shannon1927

Country/State : United States Maine

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 1:03 pm

I know the group photo isn’t the best display of their features but they look so cute together.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 2:09 pm

Shannon1927 wrote:
Hello,

I am new.
I love old toys. I picked up an old tin farm last week. I started to pull out the pieces and noticed a group of animals that were to big for the set. I put them aside and decided to look them over later. Later came and one of them caught my eye. The depth to the color and it’s shiny coat had me checking it out right away. I now know they are Schleich farm animals.
Well, of course I dive in and start getting the story on the company and products and her all my animals names and numbers figured out. Except I don’t. Not at all. I’m ready to pull my hair out.
Below is my
13002 Duck lying in grass 1983  W. Germany 5cm
The list I found says the duck I have isn’t the 1984 one but that doesn’t seem to be the problem because my duck say 1983 on the bottom.
Why do some of my animals say W. Germany and some say Portugal?  

Welcome on forum! Schleich figures are marked with the year previous to their release.
W. Germany is the country where the company (Schleich) is located. W. Germany stands for West Germany which was used until the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
Portugal is the country where the figure was manufactured. Sometimes it is China or Germany and more recent figures can show different countries.

PostSubject: Re: The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s   The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s Empty

Back to top Go down

The first Schleich animal figures from the 1950s
Page 1 of 1