Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*

Go down 
+23
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Loon
Ana
jarda
landrover
sunny
George
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Birdsage
Caracal
Pardofelis
widukind
Seeway
lucky luke
spacelab
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Taos
Roger
Joliezac
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 am

I plan to do something similar, except for smaller ecoregions instead of general continents and areas.
Also, there is a Bobcat and an American Badger on your European shelf, and a Bornean (not Sumatran, mind you) Ground-Cuckoo on the South America shelf. I think you should somehow try to fit the Nile Crocodile into the African Watering Hole shelf, and replace it with the large Wild Safari Black Caiman or alternatively a Wenno or Kaiyodo Spectacled Caiman for South America.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:25 am

Took down more of my shelves due to moving, I was sad to take them apart but I'm excited to set up some new dioramas in my new place where I'll have more space Very Happy

This shelf was supposed to be my Congo shelf just because I wanted somewhere to put one of my favorite species, okapis  cheers I hope to make a much better looking version in my new place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was my Antarctica shelf because I wanted to display my penguins so they are all shoved onto ice floes Razz Definitely can't wait to upgrade this shelf with more space and more visual interest.

My Galapagos shelf. The Galapagos is one of my favorite places with diverse species, I've always wanted to go there. I may repaint some gannets and Sally lightfoot crabs for a future version of this shelf  Laughing

Then I decided to make a shelf for just my wolves because well who doesn't love wolves? Razz My friend made me a white-tailed deer corpse so I thought he'd fit in with my wolf pack..

This shelf I was sad to take down, its one of my favorites. I just love the polar animals so this was kind of my tundra/ icecap shelf. I really love the puffin colony and the beautiful Steller's eagle pair.

I also really loved this shelf because of how colorful and diverse it was. My coral reef shelf Very Happy I really want to get a fish tank shipwreck decoration and make a shelf with a shipwreck surrounded by sharks Laughing

Then my only dinosaur shelf that I have as a diorama. The rest of my prehistoric figures I have on plain shelves above my bed.

I only have a few shelves left that I still have to take down, then I won't update again until I get into the new place and start setting up again! Very Happy Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 1:18 am

These are really STUPENDOUS displays! I love looking through each one, so intricate and just when you think you have spotted them all... you realize you notice something new! Can't wait to see the shelf renovations in your new home.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 2:44 am

Beautiful and imaginative, really love your Mesozoic shelf.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Everything looks really wonderfully displayed. Another wolf fan! Laughing

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 4:48 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Beautiful and imaginative, really love your Mesozoic shelf.

me too! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Fantastic displays, you have an amazing way of showing your collection, I love it cheers

Just one thing, I would put the walrus on the Arctic display with the Polar bears and the Leopard seal on the Antartic display with the Penguins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 1:30 am

Thank you everyone Very Happy I can't wait to set these up again

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 6:37 am

Here are the last of my shelves that got taken down. Unfortunately a good sized portion of my collection wasn't able to be display due to lack of space but I'm hoping to get everything or at least almost all of my figures displayed in my new place, so I can't wait to do some more habitats Very Happy

Here was my Everglades shelf although I added in all my otters to get them displayed, I really love the large Safari gator, it looks a bit more believable next to the birds  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Desert:

The Andes, I made this shelf purely for my Schleich Andean condor  Smile

My farm life shelf: I went through a bit of a rabbit obsession when I was younger so my farm life really just consists of mostly rabbits with the addition of a few other animals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then lastly this shelf although small is one of my favorites. I've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium a few times over the years and I absolutely love it there. So this shelf was a tribute to there  Laughing I tried to make it look like a kelp forest with the sea otters and sea lions. This shelf is also one of my favorites because it has some of my most loved figures on it, the brown pelicans, sea otters, goliath groupers, and Pacific-white sided dolphin. I built a little pier out of dowels and popsicle sticks so I could display the pelicans and I thought the Safari marine biologist fit perfectly holding the baby sea otter and bucket of fish. Definitely will be recreating this shelf in my new place, hopefully at a larger scale  Laughing I originally wanted to make a display showing my complete MBA collection but the whales are quite large and not all the species live in the same region.. So I'll have to come up with something different

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 10:31 am

sunny A wonderful journey amongst yours shelves to begin the day! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 12:22 pm

These shelves are wonderful! I think I counted 20(!) rabbits!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 12:34 pm

Really wonderful shelves. definitely some of the best I have ever seen, I loved this journey through all the different dioramas of so much flora and fauna! Very Happy But I especially loved spotting the dogs in your domestic scene, wonderful choices! cheers I was particularly happy to see a golden retriever and a rough collie, two favourite breeds of mine! Very Happy That Schleich retriever is really nice, it represents the sweet and sunny nature of this breed so well and looks like a female golden too! The labrador peaking around the corner is gorgeous too, I love the lighter areas around some areas of the face on this model, as though he is a slightly older dog- gives him a bit of character! And that puppy set was lovely, it was interesting that they made a maltipoo ( I think that's what it said on the box about the small fluffy one!), it's not often that you find crossbreeds in figure form! flower
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 1:51 pm

Such an inventive and interesting way to display them, it really does make a change from standing on plain shelves. I look forward to seeing the recreation and improvements you make in your new place!

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 3:34 pm

Thank you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I couldn't even fit all my rabbits on that shelf, I have a few left over in storage Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm glad you enjoyed the dogs! I'm not a dog person so I only have a few models but I will admit that collies are very beautiful dogs, I've had that Safari one for quite some time Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Your displays are really amazing, I hope you will build and show us more of them in your new home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 9:17 pm

Splendid displays! Diverse and unique and full of great things to admire! Great work.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 10:56 pm

Glorious displays!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 4:15 am

Love them, and a tribute to my homeland! I love you

May I offer a suggestion? We don't have beaver in the Everglades; maybe replace them with a cougar? Safari even markets one as a Florida panther. Or a black bear, more common than the panthers.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:30 am

Taos wrote:
Glorious displays!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Absolutly agree

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:48 pm

My foxes are really excited, finally we have found a decent rabbistaurant! Wink
Really impressive displays, it surely explains all your collecting enthusiasm!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:55 am

what amazing dioramas ! well done on your talented creativity, there is such diversity and imagination throughout them all.
I love the blue footed boobys, and the dinosaur diorama, and the dragonfly perched in mid air hovering !
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 7:39 pm

Finally got moved into our new place after a long couple of months cheers I purchased 6 "Billy" bookcases from Ikea because I liked their style and they were a great price. I was able to fit my entire collection on them which I loved because in my old room most were not on display.

I also have a bunch of empty cubbies that my bearded dragon's cage sits on top of, so I also have plenty of room there. I basically covered all my walls in bookcases  lol!

Right now all my figures are all crammed as close as possible to fit but I will soon start to make dioramas/displays like my old shelves. My goal is to make them more realistic and accurate and I would love to get some sticky hooks to hang some birds within the display cheers

I have one more week of college finals then I'll have all of January off, so my goal is to start my displays soon! Stay tuned if interetsed Wink

Sorry for the glare, but I think you can get the idea.

This display currently holds all my terrestrial animals with my whales being on the top.

Lots of prehistoric figures crammed on top and then sea life and miscellaneous large Safari

This bookcase just has prehistoric figures on the top for now, but it is behind my bed so the lowest shelves can't really be seen so they are filled with books. But I'll still have about 4 shelves visible.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 8:43 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 8:48 pm

Now your figures live in palatial shelves!!! I hope you have a successful week on your college to use your full power to your new dreamful place! Very Happy

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 5:51 am

Winter break just started for me cheers So I decided to set up my first display in my new place, the Himalayan mountain range!

I chose a smaller shelf because I don't have too many species from this region but it is one of my favorites because its home to the elusive snow leopard I love you

I thought I would show a progression of my work that leads up to the final product, I hope you enjoy Laughing

First I like to line up the possible figures that may fit on the shelf just to get an idea of what I have

Next I measure the shelf and find a suitable background photo online. When I find one I like, I use Photoshop to cut it into multiple pieces, then I tape the pieces to the back of the display. Then I add slate to the display. I use paper towels in the back to act as a base for some of the rocks so that it saves slate and is less heavy on the brackets. After that I spend time figuring out the best spot for each animal.

After I'm satisfied with the placement, I remove the animals and use an old paintbrush to dry paint the slate white, giving a frozen effect. After it dries I then add the details.

First I sprinkle some dirt and salt around the rocks and the front of the shelf where rocks are absent. I use stuffing to mimic fluffy patches of snow and I shove it between the gaps in the rocks to keep them sturdy and add more details. Then I took some dead grass and placed it on the flat part at the front and in sparse patches around the rest of the outcroppings. I used small rocks to add more detail and prop up small branches to mimic dead bushes. Finally I went over the entire layer with some salt to look like snow.

Then the last and most enjoyable step, adding the animals  cheers I changed some of the placement and added some other species I thought would work nicely. Overall I am very pleased and since I had more room in the front, I added some bones. I would love to add a takin to this display and my friend is making me a custom bharal female & kid, so I'm excited to eventually add those also.

Animals used:
-Snow leopards (CollectA, Papo, & BeautyofBeasts)
-Yaks (Schleich & Papo)
-Markhor (CollectA)
-Chiru (CollectA)
-Lammergeier (Bullyland)
-Golden eagle (Schleich & Colorata)
-Bharal (Signatus Studios)
-Himalayan Tahr (CollectA)

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Finale! *Nov. 24th*
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next