Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 3:13 am

Thank you Kelly! The parade dress arabians are Papo, and they are rereleasing them in a gray color this year. :) The other I think you are referring to is an old Safari? That entire bottom row is Safari, oldest on the right chronologically to the newest on the left. Hope that helps/makes sense.

You have mentioned your mother and her horses before... would you mind telling us (me Wink ) more about that? I love the breed and its history.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 2:11 am

And Taos, that draft horse has no stamp, I checked. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 3:04 am

Really nice again! I don't collect horses at all but the Southlands horses are sooo nice that I may just have to get the trio before they become unavailable I love you I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 3:14 am

Beautiful - though must agree with Jolie, the Southlands really stand out.

Thank you, a Safari I didn't know- though I do have her foal. Will have to keep an eye out.

I found a couple old pics of my mom's stud Tifer, I'll go find a thread in the pets forum to post them.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:24 am

I'm not collecting horses or pets but your collection is amazing Very Happy

I have a bias for draft horses since my youth, they are really incredible peaceful colossus !

I don't have the excellent Southlands replicas horses and it is probably a mistake Cool
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 8:54 pm

Beautiful models, I love the ones with the active poses, they look full of life and motion! Very Happy That kicking foal is wonderful! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 10:52 pm

Superb selection again! Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Thank you everyone!

A late upload but here goes...

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 4:56 pm

Lovely again, those fluffy textured horses are really interesting, and have been sculpted so well, looks like real fur! Very Happy And the appaloosas look so striking altogether! cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 6:14 pm

Impressive collection of horses. Great to see them all.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 3:34 am

Thank you Bonnie and Roger! Bonnie the fuzzy looking horses are called Curly horses (Curlies). Their hair has a unique gene to look curly and extra fuzzy. :)

Last horse photos!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 2:18 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:40 pm

That's really interesting, thank you for telling me about them! Very Happy
Lovely models to finish the horses, and so many! sunny I love he sweet little white foal and again the rearing/ kicking horses really stand out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 2:49 am

Thank you both. :) 

Another hard category to display as they are all roughly the same size. But this gives an idea of the category as a whole.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 6:01 am

Impressive display 😮only one species and so much figurines to collect, horses are really the animal toys world winner by far 🏆
It’s indeed un easier to show them on a shelf, the spices racks are useless.
When I think about your collection I always forget you were first a horse passionate because because you are interested in so many other species. I won’t forget this time 😊
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 6:59 am

Thank you Kiki.  cheers

Sorry for the midnight ramble here... Wink
I have had these toys around me since I was about 3 years old. Every Christmas and birthday I got a few models and they would largely be farm themed as my family heritage hails partly from dairy/beef farming on one side to crop farming on the other. I grew up with storebought and makeshift homemade farm sets (I still have all of those toys stored away as there are too many fond memories tied to them). My collection for over half my life so far was dominantly cattle and horse themed, with a handful of basic wildlife mixed in like lions and deer. I distinctly remember picking up a Schleich catalog in 2009 and I was sold on this hobby and became (initially) a die hard Schleich collector. A few years later I found this place and discovered more diversity (Bullyland was hard to obtain and foreign to me, procon- CollectA and Papo were still infant brands, and Mojo didn't even exist yet!) over time my tastes have drastically changed! I wouldn't say I collect everything ever made, but my net is indeed much wider than most members here... today wildlife out numbers my domestic models by far and I even have become a casual collector of insectoid type models. I have moved away from horses specifically for reasons already mentioned earlier in this topic, but I do still dearly love them and its been fun to admire my old friends again. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 7:48 am

Laughing It is only a 7 o'clock sunday morning ramble here Wink

I like to think STS made us all evolved and has allowed us to enlarge our fields of vision and our hearts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 10:10 am

So many pretty manes on these last posts! Those old Schleich catalogues were the devil's bait. Selling your soul to collecting was inevitable.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 2:29 am

Thank you again Kiki and Kostas. I really do feel like I "grew up" here and my taste has been influenced by all my lovely friends here! And yes, that 2009 catalogue certainly seduced my mind at the time... makes me wistful for that time again for the brand, the very tail end of the "golden era" for me.

Next up are other domestic animals, mostly livestock. First up are half of my cattle.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 3:52 am

I didn't know there were so many species of cattle, very nice! My domestic animals are very lacking so I love to see what other people have Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 9:16 am

Beautiful cattles

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 10:26 am

What a stunning cattle collection! cheers So many of each species, and so many beauties- and this is only half of all of them! cheers
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 11:04 am

It's really impressive to see so many together, with multiple brands and generations of release. Because I don't think I've encountered anyone who collects cattle to such an extent before - mostly just a few examples or a small family for a farm collection, or maybe a couple of whatever breed they know personally, and a lot of people who only bought one to go with a roping/cutting/ranching scene where the horse is the focus and everything else is just counted as props and set dressing!

There's so many really nice ones in here and I don't even recognise them by brand so I won't attempt to point out and describe a list of all my favourites for each breed in a 'that one there behind the calf two from the left' kind of way, but best of all is the one sculpted mid-moo, I love that!

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 10:35 pm

Great selection again,love the set of riding/saddle horses and of course all the beautiful cattle!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 11:35 pm

Very impressive horses and cattles collection! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 10 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next