Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elephant advice needed, please!

Go down 
+2
spacelab
Markus
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Markus

Country/State : Norway

Elephant advice needed, please! Empty
PostSubject: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi all!

With the arrival of the new Mojo african elephant I think it's time to renew my elephants representatives.
My collection is synoptic, but I accept more than one animal of the same species given that they fit and that I have enough space.

Strangely enough, I have, let's say, enough space for some spare pachiderms in my shelves.

So, what I have is:

- Schleich last family of african elephants, with daddy, mommy and baby. However, I'm pretty sure that I will replace those by the new Mojo. Even when I haven't seen comparison yet, It's much better proportioned and it's claimed to be bigger than these. So, the Schleich family will be removed. Maybe the calf can remain.
- Mojo asian elephant and Schleich baby. I got the adult as my representative because I was captivated by the pinky ears, but it resulted to be tiny and very short-bodied.

Now, my questions are:

- Given that I will remove the african family (the female definitely doesn't fit)... does anyone have pictures of the PNSO calf? Because that one seems beautiful and aesthetically fit with the Mojo bull, but I think it may be too big (if it's thought to go with the PNSO adult that is +35cm). If the PNSO doesn't fit I will probably keep the Schleich baby, even when it's darker than the Mojo.

- In any case, which asian do you recomend? I'm tempted by the Safari one. The Schleich have the same problems of proportions as the africans, the Collecta doesn't please me very much and the Papo tusks are quite disturbing so white and thick...
Mmm now that I think of it, I can get the Papo, try to fixh the tusks and also the Safari as a female...

Comparison photos are trully appreciated.

Thanks friends!
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 6:50 pm

I think many have the same issues, I've put all my hopes and trust to possible new CollectA elephants. We will know by the end of November. Until then I won't even get the Mojo, even if it's better than Schleich (that I'm not sure if I don't see comparison photos).
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 6:52 pm

Yes! I also have the CollectA hope!
But I don't know, even when it's likely that they release one soon it has to be such a coincidence that it's this year...
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 7:07 pm

In their wild life range, Gorillas, Lions, Tigers, Kangaroos, Zebras, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Rhino, Bear, Leopards, Orangutan, Meerkat, Koala... all the popular animals from the first period have been updated.
What's left?
Elephants, Baboon, Chimps.... fingers crossed. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 7:39 pm

I will show a Mojo African elephant walkaround before the week-end. i will do comparison pics of course but not with Schleich.

About Asian elephant, despite the not so big white tusks, the Papo is the better proportionned IMHO.

spacelab wrote:
Until then I won't even get the Mojo, even if it's better than Schleich (that I'm not sure if I don't see comparison photos).

Everything is better than... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks!

I dont need comparisons  with Schleich, its pretty obvious that I will replace them. Im more interested in the comparisons with the potential asian colleagues. But that walkaround will be much appreciated.

The tusks of Papo are not big, but thick and ubdeniable too white.

Talking about CollectA, if they do release an elephant, it will be an african. And Im really satisfied with Mojo's appearance. But if they do a masterpiece as the hippo or rhino...

I think it's absurd and a matter of stuborness to afirm that everything is better than Schleich.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:11 pm

So I will show you comparison pics with papo Asian elephant Very Happy

To afirm that everything is better than Schleich elephants is first a matter of taste and second a joke Wink
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:14 pm

I thought you were referring to Schleich, not to Schleich elephants.

From what I've seen here many people just despise Schleich with no reasoning at all.

Thanks! If posible, include the Safari asian, please
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 pm

It is just an old joke from Kiki.
My Asian elephant is the CollectA one, it is weirdly proportioned but very detailed. I am really looking forward to see the new Mojo African. Until it, my representative is a Bullyland. Laughing I see you're not interested in CollectA's Asian, otherwise I'd be glad of taking comparison picture. I still have the Mojo Indian female in my list, I am not sure it is short, elephants look short when they have correct long legs. Especially when you see them from the side where the legs almost touch each other when walking.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:23 pm

I don't have the Safari Ltd Asian elephant, sorry. I used to have the bigger one but it is now travelling to Portugal, a Croc friend of mine wants one for dinner. Wink

About people despising Schleich here, most of them are long time Schleich collectors (sometimes for decades) and are just very disappointed by last years Schleich productions, in love affairs, when a partner betrays the trust of the other, the stronger the love the greater the resentment.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:27 pm

If you can find it, the Safari with log may be an option. I don't have it, but if my measurements of photos are correct, it's bigger than the other Asian elephants. It's a matter of taste, but I prefer the Mojo to the Papo Asian elephant. The Papo is too fat, too bulky for my taste and the tusks too massive (still, better than most others). The Mojo's head is too large, but it doesn't bother me too much, because overall it has quite a modest style. Sorry, I don't have them here to take photos, but if you are happy to wait a few weeks, then I could make an elephant comparison post.

The old Britains is a beauty https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Britains_Plastic_Indian_Elephant_1961  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:31 pm

The Mojo Asian elephant could be a good companion for my Papo but I have so much things to collect... Who knows ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:38 pm

I know nobody asked but while waiting for my dinner I took a picture of my Bullyland African with the CollectA Asian. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:48 pm

Thanks croc for the picture!

The Mojo is definitely short. And small. I don't know, I think I just want a different bigger one. Edit: ok, I've seen that they have a jumbo one. But I cannot find it for sale and it will be bigger than the african.

Sorry, which is the "bigger one" of Safari? I know that there are two colour version, but with the same mould, aren't they?

And about Schleich. I'm one of those being Schleich since exactly 25 years ago. And I'm the first rejecting their new policy and elections, but still I don't adopt the jilted attitude of some! Which is, understandable on the other hand.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:53 pm

Tha CollectA (not the Mojo on the pic) isn't exactly small, the Bullyland is big, bigger than Schleich.

The Bigger one from Safari Ltd is the Wildlife Wonders

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:56 pm

I can show the CollectA with an old Schleich African elephant. I have one somewhwere. scratch scratch
Meanwhile, let me show the Bullyland with a Britains Asian elephant. It is missing the tail, I suspect it was the breakfast of a macaque. tongue

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:59 pm

I know that's the CollectA. The Mojo is the one I have, that is small.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:07 pm

I am overposting and not exactly what is being requested but I love elephant topics. I also have a lot of doubts about which ones I like most. Maybe it is useful to someone, here are all 4 elephants. Bullyland African elephant, Schleich African elephant female (old model), Britains Asian elephant and CollectA Asian elephant.

Last edited by Roger on Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Markus wrote:
And about Schleich. I'm one of those being Schleich since exactly 25 years ago. And I'm the first rejecting their new policy and elections, but still I don't adopt the jilted attitude of some! Which is, understandable on the other hand.

I won't add anything because I'm tired of conflicts but know that I share your opinion.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:38 pm

I like the Bullyland. Perhaps not quite as large as I assumed. What is the exact shoulder height (head is higher of course)?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:49 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
I like the Bullyland. Perhaps not quite as large as I assumed. What is the exact shoulder height (head is higher of course)?

Bullyland 63573 African Elephant: 12 cm at shoulders Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:58 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

Those big ears do not let me calculate it with precision but it is under 11 cm high at the shoulder. My model is the 63685. I can take a picture with a Britains African elephant if you wish.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:00 pm

My mistake, yours is the newer one, silly me !
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:20 pm

Markus wrote:

Markus, I am here since the beggining and, in 11 years, the only brand that gives rise to so much debate and resentment is Schleich. That tires me too and for a very very long time. Schleich unleashes passions more than any other brand, I'm putting up with it and that's all I can do.
You have to take it on the bright side, as a tribute, in fact it's much better than getting nothing but disinterest.

RtasVadumee wrote:

I won't add anything because I'm tired of conflicts but know that I share your opinion.

Wise philosophy
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:54 pm

Well, if you are tired of it, shut up with those comments/jokes. It's not that I'm offended but it's a bit hypocritical. Maybe less passion is what is needed... And prepotent comments only feed passions.

No, sorry, despise is never a tribute. Debate is, of course.

And this is not a conflict at all! As everybody else here life doesnt go around collecting, so nothing happening here can be considered a conflict. But if I disagree with someone I will tell!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Elephant advice needed, please!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next