Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elephant advice needed, please!

Go down 
+2
spacelab
Markus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:00 pm

Markus wrote:
Well, if you are tired of it, shut up with those comments/jokes. It's not that I'm offended but it's a bit hypocritical. Maybe less passion is what is needed... And prepotent comments only feed passions.

No, sorry, despise is never a tribute. Debate is, of course.

And this is not a conflict at all! As everybody else here life doesnt go around collecting, so nothing happening here can be considered a conflict. But if I disagree with someone I will tell!

I thought it was already clear it was an old joke so no more conversation about that is needed. We are now doing our best to provide pictures to turn the topic interesting to everyone and help you and other collectors to make their best choices. Thus, it is better to focus on elephant models that is the main subject of this topic.
Is there any chance that you illustrate your first post with a picture of your elephants? I would love to see the Mojo Asian female with your Schleich Africans and it could enrich the topic.
About the pictures you're still waiting for, it is a question of time and probably someone will post them.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:12 pm

I don't have them with me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:18 pm

Markus wrote:
I don't have them with me.

OK, that's fine, Markus. elephant

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:27 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Wise philosophy

Please, don't tempt me. You know I'm not wise, and your attitude in this topic is not either even if you enjoy thinking so. The only wise person I see here is Roger who, as usual, tries to temper things. So I'll stick to silence by respect for his vision of the forum, not because of some insidious threatening of yours.

I won't post on this topic anymore, this will be my last answer to you on this thread.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:37 pm

Roger wrote:
Markus wrote:
Well, if you are tired of it, shut up with those comments/jokes. It's not that I'm offended but it's a bit hypocritical. Maybe less passion is what is needed... And prepotent comments only feed passions.

No, sorry, despise is never a tribute. Debate is, of course.

And this is not a conflict at all! As everybody else here life doesnt go around collecting, so nothing happening here can be considered a conflict. But if I disagree with someone I will tell!

I thought it was already clear it was an old joke so no more conversation about that is needed. We are now doing our best to provide pictures to turn the topic interesting to everyone and help you and other collectors to make their best choices. Thus, it is better to focus on elephant models that is the main subject of this topic.
Is there any chance that you illustrate your first post with a picture of your elephants? I would love to see the Mojo Asian female with your Schleich Africans and it could enrich the topic.
About the pictures you're still waiting for, it is a question of time and probably someone will post them.

I'm sorry Rogèrio and I know you are doing your best, nevertheless I have one more thing to say.

Markus, I won't shut up and nobody here have to obey to something like that. I am free to make a joke, I am free to dislike a model and to say it, even if it is a Schleich. Maybe you don't like my jokes and maybe my jokes are not the best but I am polite with you.

Ther's nothing hypocrit in my words, it is easy to understand, I am tired to read people uspset because someone make a joke about Schleich, I can see that it never happen for Papo, Britains or CollectA. Nobody here is a Schleich bashing adept so keep cool.
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:42 pm

Ok, definitely this is much more important for you than for me so, whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:04 am

What is important for me is the way we are talking to each other.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:11 am

I would love to invite all of you to see the two monumental elephant figures I received this year, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] elephant elephant

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 12:20 am

Roger wrote:
I would love to invite all of you to see the two monumental elephant figures I received this year, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] elephant elephant

👍
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:25 am

Kikimalou wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
I like the Bullyland. Perhaps not quite as large as I assumed. What is the exact shoulder height (head is higher of course)?

Bullyland 63573 African Elephant: 12 cm at shoulders Very Happy

Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
I like the Bullyland. Perhaps not quite as large as I assumed. What is the exact shoulder height (head is higher of course)?

Those big ears do not let me calculate it with precision but it is under 11 cm high at the shoulder.  My model is the 63685. I can take a picture with a Britains African elephant if you wish.

Thank you both! The smaller one may just work for me. Thanks, a picture isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Bullyland 63573 African Elephant: 12 cm at shoulders Very Happy

Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Those big ears do not let me calculate it with precision but it is under 11 cm high at the shoulder.  My model is the 63685. I can take a picture with a Britains African elephant if you wish.

Thank you both! The smaller one may just work for me. Thanks, a picture isn't necessary.

You're welcome, Roger. I took the picture last night and even if you don't need, I think it is interesting to show it here.
Britains is the 1:32 range with the largest elephants and Bullyland is noticiably larger. It may work for a large African elephant but maybe the picture can help you decide better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:57 am

Thank you all.

I've decided that, if the asian were available, I would go for the Safari Wildlife Wonder african AND asian elephant. But I cannot find the asian anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 7:24 pm

I found the asian as well.
So, if anyone could post comparison pics of those two, specially with primates (like CollectA new gorilla, last Schleich pair, ...) and most important, accurate measurements, I will trully apreciate it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:36 pm

Thanks for the Britains-Bullyland comparison, Rogério, It's a large difference in size. The Bullyland is probably similar in size to the new Mojo, which is 10.6 cm at the shoulder. 10.7 cm is the limit for me.

Your Britains elephant has very impressive tusks!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 9:39 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks for the Britains-Bullyland comparison, Rogério, It's a large difference in size. The Bullyland is probably similar in size to the new Mojo, which is 10.6 cm at the shoulder. 10.7 cm is the limit for me.

Your Britains elephant has very impressive tusks!

You're welcome Roger. I haven't mentioned but the tusks are not original. A dentist called Lea sculpted them for me. Very Happy Now I need a tailist for my Asian elephant. Wink

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:02 pm

Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Elephant advice needed, please!   Elephant advice needed, please! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elephant advice needed, please!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2