Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*

Go down 
+26
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Duck-Anch-Amun
thebritfarmer
Ana
Gecko08
Jill
Chris Sweetman
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
Loon
SUSANNE
costicuba
Caracal
Pardofelis
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
George
widukind
spacelab
Joliezac
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 6:52 am

Very nice additions ! :) I have the whole Colorata raptor set (it's much cheaper buying it whole than each figure individually), and I must admit that the harpy and the secretarybird are undoubtely the stars of the set!! And all these raptors have the exact perfect size for me! Secretarybird matches so well with most animals in my collection (of course it not matches with the ginormous emu-sized CollectA secretarybird haha). As you said the seams are not nice but they are enough discrete for having the figures displayes. The harpy eagle position is just atonishing and the beautiful patterned wings are to fall in love. Since I don't like bases I displayed all my raptors separatedly from them. In the secretarybird I cut the peg in the foot, but that means that it cannot stand upright unless supported by another structue (in my overcrowded shelves, by other figures). The position of the secretarybird is also very beautiful. I customized the iguana (and the Steller's sea eagle salmon) as figures per se :) (

Nice frogs and carnivores too! They're well done :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 8:35 am

The harpy eagle is stunning, I know what you mean about the assembly seams but when the sculpt and paintwork is so impeccably detailed it's easy to forgive them.
The frogs are great, too - I especially like the clever use of clear plastic under the paint, so they can have translucent toes!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 10:27 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 12:59 pm

I find all of these Japanese figures really great! Those Schleich are not my favorite for these species but undoubtfully they're nice models too.
How many frogs can be found in that Colorata set, do you know?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 1:59 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Thank you everyone!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I believe there are 4 frogs in the set, I got the 3 that are listed on TAW

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 2:23 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you everyone!

I believe there are 4 frogs in the set, I got the 3 that are listed on TAW

I checked the TAW page first and I got surprised about the little number listed and I thought it could be uncomplete. That's why I asked. Thanks!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Congrats! Those raptors are amazing.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Congrats for your nice newcomers Very Happy

The Colorata "Frogs of japan" set has only four models, jsut like the "Turtles of Japan" one. Except the Rana ishikawae, they were first sold in the rare "River life" set

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congrats for your nice newcomers Very Happy

The Colorata "Frogs of japan" set has only four models, jsut like the "Turtles of Japan" one. Except the Rana ishikawae, they were first sold in the rare "River life" set

Oh that is very interesting, thank you!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 3:18 pm

I forgot Embarassed Thanks for your excellent pics of your excellent Safari Ltd Indian rhino. The painting is awesome and I want one to replace my "not as awesome" one. Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Beautiful collection and pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:57 pm

I wanted to get Papo's new megalodon figure and (I presume is now retired) their styracosaurus so I made an order on Everything Dinosaur and got some Eofauna models too Laughing

Today they arrived!

I love Eofauna's models and I think they are a very affordable price for their level of detail and size, so I've been wanting to get all of their figures. The deinotherium is very nice and I am so happy to have it next to their straight-tusked elephant and steppe mammoth. A very gorgeous and nice sized figure.

I have always been adding Papo dinosaurs to my collection and I try to grab ones I like before they retire. Since this figure is getting a repaint this year I figured the old version would be retiring, so I picked it up. I actually like the red coloration quite a bit and I think it will look nice next to the repainted version.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The triceratops pair "Dominant" & "Cryptic" are my favorite of the bunch! I'm always surprised when I order Eofauna models. I will be more excited for a particular figure but once they arrive I find out that I like the other even more. I typically don't like brightly colored dinosaurs but I think it works so well on these triceratops and I just love how they can be in a fighting position. I definitely need to get some pictures of these two outside kicking up some dust  Laughing I like the body coloration of the one on the left more but love the head of the one on the right!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then the Papo megalodon which was the main motivation for this order. Nothing all too unique but I do really like this model and I made a walkaround of it if anyone is interested in more photos. I really hope the young smilodon releases soon, I wanted to get some snowy photos with it  Embarassed

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:30 am

Eofauna models are really fantastic. I think they have the quality of the best resin models but made of a very dense quality pvc what is an advantage in my point of view. I'd panic if my eofauna straight-tusked elephant was made of resin. affraid ... and they're much more affordable as you mentioned. Let's see if I get a 2nd one for my collection someday. Maybe the deinotherium or the proboscidian announced for this year. I enjoy that all your new models are singing while the deinotherium is trying a new trumpeting style.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 7:22 am

Very good figu figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 6:02 pm

oh you already have the Megalodon! I did'nt see it yet!

Big congrats for this deinotherium that I should order too! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 3:21 pm

Thanks to the suggestions of forum members, I got the CBIOV Sichuan takin Very Happy

I love this model very much and I'm glad I was recommended to add it to my collection. I'll have to add it to my Himalayan display cheers

I'm not sure if it is made out of resin because it feels heavier and more fragile than usual, but I love the details and pointy horns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 4:53 pm

Big congrats. It's a masterpiece and one of the stars of my collection, and I'm sure it became now a star for yours too :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 7:01 pm

A so rare produiced species! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 9:44 pm

Fantastic addition.congrats. In my list now.

cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 10:44 pm

I think this figure is made of pvc. Did your figure arrive with a box?
I never made any effort to get it and now I think the prices are noticiably higher. It is very beautiful and uncommon species.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 10:57 pm

A great model Very Happy

I don't collect it because I asked Anna a few years ago to make one and I'm happy with the one she made but it is a great model (Already said but two times better than none Wink)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:57 pm

Roger wrote:
I never made any effort to get it and now I think the prices are noticiably higher.  It is very beautiful and uncommon species.

Yes it came in a box with some artwork and a card. I bought it on eBay from a US seller brand new

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 12:09 am

Joliezac wrote:
Roger wrote:
I never made any effort to get it and now I think the prices are noticiably higher.  It is very beautiful and uncommon species.

Yes it came in a box with some artwork and a card. I bought it on eBay from a US seller brand new

Nice that you've found it in your own country.
Is there any printed information about the company that you could share with us? Even if it is not in English language, I would love to see it. Very Happy

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 12:18 am

The cards I got weren’t in English but sure I can take some pictures. I don’t have access to it right now but I’ll be able to take some pics sometime next week Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*   Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's New Additions: Lots of Variety! *Feb 8th*
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next