Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*

Go down 
+26
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Duck-Anch-Amun
thebritfarmer
Ana
Gecko08
Jill
Chris Sweetman
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
Loon
SUSANNE
costicuba
Caracal
Pardofelis
Roger
landrover
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
George
widukind
spacelab
Joliezac
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 8:30 pm

Really wonderful additions, I love the koalas too and the new Papo models are beautiful, it's so nice to be able to see them so early! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 11:21 pm

Very beautiful batch and a special, mention for this Thylacine! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 3:32 pm

So pleased your thylacine worked out! Congrats on the koalas and new Papo models! The wolf pup is not my favorite young wolf model and the paint (for me) on this one lets me down... BUT it is still somehow charming in its own way and will come to collection anyway. :) Thanks for the photos!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 4:23 am

Some of my favorite Safari figures are their older, retired models from their wonderful Incredible Creatures line. There were some that I really wanted but didn't think I'd ever find, such as the horned frog.

I was lucky enough to stumble upon one of figures I've been really wanting: The Parson's chameleon!

It arrived this evening (The mailman was dropping it off just as I was pulling in from work, a great surprise cheers )

Opening it up my first thought was WOW affraid

This model is HUGE and so detailed and in almost perfect condition

Here are some photos Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The colors on this figure are outstanding! It has that old Safari charm of being very durable yet very detailed.

Something that I didn't even know about the figure, the eyes can rotate!! I noticed they were loose and I thought they broke but then I realized the eyes are on a string or loose joint so you can actually loosely rotate the eyes in a circle!

I think that is a really neat touch and it made me appreciate this model even more.

I took some photos next to my bearded dragon, Smaug. This huge chameleon makes her look so small in comparison  Shocked

She didn't take any interest in this new reptilian  Rolling Eyes

Certainly a new jewel in my collection!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 12:09 pm

Jolie, you're lately being able of finding some real treasures. This is a tremendous find!
Chameleons are part of my childhood since they were relatively common in my homeland. Obviously I mean the common chameleon, a relatively large lizard but nothing compared with this beast.
Yes, Parson's Chameleons are almost as large as a cat, it is also bizarre for me but apparently Safari released a lifesized one what turns the figure even more interesting and desirable.
I am quite surprised about that detail with the eyes. Chameleons are uncommon creatures, you will always get impressed when you see a real one but seeing them orienting their eyes in distinct directions is something unexplainable and amazing.
Maybe you can provide one of your perfect pictures with a Lego block to put on TAW? The picture we have there is quite distracting because the background is excessively animated.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 12:43 pm

What a beautiful addition, they're such lovely creatures in real life so maybe I'm biased but it's really nice to see a model one. The skin texture is just perfect, and the moving eyes is such a cool touch - I'm already looking forward to when you take this guy on one of your outdoor photoshoots.

Smaug not believing it's real for a moment is kind of funny, and she's very good at posing for pictures - you could've had us all fooled that you'd found a super-realistic bearded dragon model with that photo studio set-up Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Sometimes, when I browse the forum, a strange pain comes over me, the scent of jealousy. so I look at my collection and see an empty spot there, the exact size of a Safari Ltd chameleon. Laughing

It's beautiful, congratulations, it's just the type of rare and mysterious object that brings magic and wonder to our passion. sunny

You made my day with this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 5:18 pm

I feel the same sensation Kiki. Wink

Big congrats on this amazing new find! That eye detail is amazing!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I was so happy opening up this figure!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sure I can take a photo for TAW with a lego, he’s so big he barely fits in my “studio” Laughing

I didn’t know Parson’s chameleons were so huge! I looked up some photos and they really are massive. A full-sized one would be almost 7 inches longer than my bearded dragon What a Face

I can’t wait to take photos with this figure! Although it will have to get warmer and greener here first. My phone is filled with hundreds of pictures of Smaug she’s such a good poser haha. She’s very well-behaved and usually sits on my desk or on the floor while I’m opening up a package and will just sit and look at me I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 8:33 pm

Joliezac wrote:

Sure I can take a photo for TAW with a lego, he’s so big he barely fits in my “studio” Laughing

I didn’t know Parson’s chameleons were so huge! I looked up some photos and they really are massive. A full-sized one would be almost 7 inches longer than my bearded dragon What a Face

Great! Very Happy If you want to take a photo of your bearded dragon with a Lego block, distracted as I am, I am sure I'll put it on TAW too. Laughing

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 11:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Joliezac wrote:

Great! Very Happy If you want to take a photo of your bearded dragon with a Lego block, distracted as I am, I am sure I'll put it on TAW too. Laughing

Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 7:44 am

I don't think I've ever seen this model before. Makes sense, I guess, since I'm almost completely unfamiliar with the incredible creatures line as is. Still, I love the look of this chameleon, there is something super appealing about a large lizard figure that I can't describe. I got an AAA gecko in a lot recently and felt similarly about that, I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 12:27 am

Beautiful photos of this Safari figure. cheers cheers cheers

Congratulations.

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 2:13 am

Today I received 2 models in the mail that my friend sent to me! I gave her the Southlands replicas Brumby stallion and a Safari Pygmy goat asking if she could turn them into a baby bharal to go with my signatus studios male, and a Mustang Stallion to look like Spirit from one of our favorite movies, “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron”

Here is Spirit!

I didn’t like the colors on the Brumby stallion but his sculpt was really amazing so I had to get it. Then I realized he would be perfect as a wild mustang so she painted him to look like Spirit!

He looks great with my Beautyofbeasts cougar Laughing

I would love to recreate the scene from the movie where Spirit fights off a hungry cougar

Then here is the bharal! This model is SO tiny I’m always amazed she can paint this small. I love it very much and it’s even smaller than my chamois baby that she also painted for me.

Then them added to my Himalayan display! Sorry the pictures are bad I used flash on my phone but I think you get the idea

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 10:31 am

They fit so well together in your wonderful dio-diplay! cheers cheers drunken

(but hey! don't dsiplay all your eagles in the same basket!  Laughing)

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 10:35 am

What beautiful repaints! You must be so happy with them. sunny
I really like your diorama. It has a great atmosphere.
I can almost feel the mountain cold coming through my computer screen.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:36 am

I adore these repaints, your friend is so talented! cheers The pygmy goat especially, so much detail on such a tiny model and it makes it look so realistic! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 2:12 pm

Beautiful repaints! Very Happy Applause cheers
The dwarf goat especially, it gives it such a realistic appearance!
I would try the chalange to accompany my bharals study Wink
I also like your diorama Cool
I love your Beauty of Beasts cougar; he is remarkable drunken bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 2:41 pm

Interesting your scene with the rearing Mustang and puma, it reminds me a lot the Breyer set about the same subject. Brumby really worked in that color. I confess I like the original painting, maybe a little glossy but undoubtfully this new color enhances the sculpt quality.
Your bharal is phenomenally painted, among other details, I love the darker fur where the transition to the white belly ocurs. It really looks like an ensemble of darker fur resulting in a strip instead of a strip crossing lighter fur, I don't know how to explain it. Just to tell it looks quite natural.
What I am able to explain is your obsession for snow leopard food, it seems you have a preference for those animals that snow leopards use to hunt. Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 10:05 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:50 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 8:28 pm

I received lots of great models in the mail while I was away on vacation, and today I was able to open everything up!

I was able to get many more CollectA figures when Minizoo had a sale, and some other great figures from eBay Very Happy

First I found a great lot of 2 figures: The Safari North American river otter and the retired babies! I had been meaning to get the recent IC adult and when I saw that this lot had the trio of babies I had to get it. They are very detailed as all of their IC figures are and I can't wait to get some photos of them at the creek this upcoming Spring. Since the models are bigger, its usually easier to get scale accurate photos of them and they are also more detailed.

Then I got the Maia & Borges Atlantic Puffin from WhiteLightningWolf! It was a bit bigger than I thought but again it should be a great size for photographs. I love the detail on the beak of this figure!

It towers over my puffin colony Laughing

Then one of the last Schleich birds I needed, the seagull! I'm planning to hang this figure from one of my shelves for a display.

Then I also got the Safari Cape buffalo off eBay because it wasn't on Safari's site. A very nice model to have if I want to take photos of it without the oxpeckers

Then I got lots of highly wanted CollectA figures from Minizoo. I waited a little over a month to get them so I was very happy to open it up bounce

I only had one rhino from Schleich, so I thought CollectA's white rhino would be a great addition and its really so beautifully detailed, a lovely model!

The hippo was also irresistible even though I already have a few. I think it looks great facing off with Papo's hippo. I can't wait to add them to an African watering hole display Laughing

With my other hippos:

I think Safari does a great job with their sealife, so their sea lion was also a must! I still love Safari's sea lions the best but I think this model will look great on some rocks on a display.

Then I got the little rockhopper penguin, I was very pleased with its small size, and very cute and detailed model. It fits perfectly with my other rockhoppers I love you

Then some absolute necessities, more hooved mammals! The waterbuck is very beautifully detailed and the blackbuck is so small and delicate, I love them!

The scimitar oryx with some of my other oryx species:

The wonderful dama gazelle:

Then the nilgai, mountain nyala, and bongo! I had never known was a nilgai or mountain nyala was before CollectA, one of the reasons why I love their models so much.

I think the mountain nyala might be my favorite, the paintjob is just so good and its a beautiful species.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 8:45 pm

Oh, getting all these stupendous CollectA ungulates at once must be a fantastic feeling I remember my joy with each of these models. Maybe my happiest collecting time of ever when CollectA was releasing antelopes and more antelopes.
From those I also think the one I liked most was the Mountain nyala, did you know it was initially projected to be a greater kudu?
I think the less exciting for me was the waterbuck but I really love it, it is just that all of them are so beautiful. I think my favorite CollectA antelope of ever is the giant eland even if there are a few species more exciting like the hirola, chiru or saiga.
If you ever consider to get the Maia & Borges Magellanic penguin, it is also huge lik the puffin. They size more or less like the Safari Incredible Creatures but much heavier.
I still have the rockhopper penguin in my wish list and I am still reluctant about the white rhinoceros, it looks fantastic but I don't like that horn. affraid ... and you give me this angle where it looks like a bald Elasmotherium?
Oh, the hippo, one of the major masterpieces of the last years. cheers

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 8:54 pm

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!

I'm glad it turned out to be a mountain nyala instead of a greater kudu, we already have some great ones from Schleich. Its almost impossible for me to choose one of my favorites from CollectA, there are so many jewels! The Saiga antelope, hirola, chiru, Himalayan tahr, saola, Eland, and mountain nyala are some of my favorites.

The rhinoceros is really stunning but the horn is huge!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 11:53 pm

Wonderful lot, my favorite is the bongo.

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*   Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's New Additions: March & April additions! *May 2nd*
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next