Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?

Go down 
+2
Pardofelis
Joliezac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? Empty
PostSubject: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 10:54 pm

With my older displays, many were inaccurate and had species that didn't belong. Now that I have a bit more shelf space, I would like to make a more accurate diorama to display my figures. I've done research on some of the species in certain areas but if anyone had any thoughts to point me in the right direction I would be grateful!

I would like to construct a diorama of just the Himalayan mountains, so not the forests where red pandas would be found (I'll make another display for that later).

So far I have compiled this list:

-Snow leopard
-Bharal
-Yak
-Golden eagle
-Markhor
-Himalayan tahr
-Eurasian eagle owl
-Lammergeier

Are all these species appropriate? I know all would not be in the same exact area but I am just going for a general overview.

If anyone has any suggestions for other species I'd be happy to hear! I don't really have any figures from Kaiyodo or Japanese brands but I have many from the major brands.

(Sorry for the bad photo my setup is currently occupied)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:03 pm

I'm not sure of exact geography matching, but if you have CollectA's chiru (tibetan antelope) maybe it could belong here. And of course CBIOV takin. Maybe Bullyland/Safari Asian black bear too. And most of the animals of "Natural History" brands, from the Tibetan sand fox to the marmot and Pallas's cat.

Nice birds to think if they would exist in figure form (I'm not aware of anyone) would be alpine chough, wallcreeper and grandala. For the two latter I did homemades.

And since you have the (how envious I'm haha) Signatustudio/Likaonmodels bharal, maybe you also own the minute Przewalski's gazelle from same sculptors?

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:07 pm

Thank you so much for your post! I actually just discovered the CBIOV takin and it is gorgeous! Do you happen to know the approximate size of it? I have only seen it next to Anna's takin which I don't have.

I have the CollectA chiru, I didn't know they lived in the mountains but I'll certainly add it if there is room.

Sadly I don't know of any of those birds or if anyone makes them like you mentioned.

The bharal is the only model I have from signatus studio.

Would the marmots made by Schleich and Papo be found in the Himalayas? Or are they exclusive to Europe or somewhere else?

Thanks for the response! definately will consider that takin!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:11 pm

Natural History (Chinese resin figures) made Himalayan marmot and Pallas Cat
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:14 pm

I just looked at images of figures from the Natural History series and wow those are so nice! I just don't know where I would purchase them from if they are even still available study

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 7:39 am

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you so much for your post! I actually just discovered the CBIOV takin and it is gorgeous! Do you happen to know the approximate size of it? I have only seen it next to Anna's takin which I don't have.

I have the CollectA chiru, I didn't know they lived in the mountains but I'll certainly add it if there is room.

Sadly I don't know of any of those birds or if anyone makes them like you mentioned.

The bharal is the only model I have from signatus studio.

Would the marmots made by Schleich and Papo be found in the Himalayas? Or are they exclusive to Europe or somewhere else?

Thanks for the response! definately will consider that takin!

It's slightly massive, while the Anna's takin is a bit tiny. An intermediate size would have been great. But is not disturbing enough. It fits really well with the CollectA's tahr and chiru for example. And of course it's tiny compared with the very oversized Schleich golden eagle, Bullyland bearded vulture and both eagle owls!

Not, the Schleich and Papo marmots are alpine marmots, not found in the Himalayas. For that is what I mentioned the Natural History one, because it's an Himalayan marmot instead.

On a side note. Kaiyodo did a pika. It's a northern pika, a Siberian animal not found in the Himalayas. But barely different from those species that are to be found in Hinalayas. So maybe you want to disguis it as other species Razz

I see you disliked the idea of an Asiatic black bear in this display Razz

I saw you finished diorama and I'm speechless Surprised Surprised Surprised I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you It's absolutely AMAZING!!! That's the kind of displays that I would love to do if I had room for it in my house!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 3:08 pm

I think the chiru is really representative for the Tibetan antelope, not exactly the Himalayas. though, they're adjacent regions and many species overlap. Takin is a better investment for this particular scenario, . all 4 species are from Eastern Himalayas and you don't have other place to use them. Isidro is right, CBIOV is slightly large while Anna's is slightly small but takins can vary from heights similar to a mouflon to really huge sizes. Takins can weigh more than 300 kg while a mouflon is typically 50 kg.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 7:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you so much for the info! I’m definitely going to get the takin and I’ll keep an eye out for the Natural History figures.

Ok I see the difference now with the marmots. I would like to do the Swiss Alps so maybe they will fit there

A pika would be really great, I’ll check it out.

I added the bear to the display but didn’t like how crowded it was getting so I’ll add it somewhere else probably

I’m glad you liked the display thank you so much!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 7:05 pm

Roger wrote:
I think the chiru is really representative for the Tibetan antelope, not exactly the Himalayas. though, they're adjacent regions and many species overlap. Takin is a better investment for this particular scenario, . all 4 species are from Eastern Himalayas and you don't have other place to use them. Isidro is right, CBIOV is slightly large while Anna's is slightly small but takins can vary from heights similar to a mouflon to really huge sizes. Takins can weigh more than 300 kg while a mouflon is typically 50 kg.

Thank you! The takin doesn’t have to be perfect in size or scale, I just didn’t want something super small or massive

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you! The takin doesn’t have to be perfect in size or scale, I just didn’t want something super small or massive

Oh, I am glad you quoted me, such a silly sentence I wrote, I wanted to say plateau instead of antelope. Laughing Chiru representative of the Tibetan plateau.
I suspect you'll find the CBIOV takin somewhat massive, Anna's model is surely not too small but I have serious doubts it is still available.

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Here’s my thoughts:
The white yak is a domestic one, and so should not be included. You can keep the other one though.
I recommend the Naturally Adorkable Himalayan Marmot and Tibetan Fox, but the hedgehog and Pallas’s Cat are animals of the Central Asian steppe, not the Himalayas. You can find them here (https://m.aliexpress.com/i/32981444144.html) on Aliexpress and here (https://www.ebay.com/itm/362649762237) on eBay. The Chiru (Tibetan Antelope) is found in the Tibetan Plateau, not the Himalayas.
The Markhor is found in the western Himalayas only, so you do choose to include it, you naturalistically could not include the Bharal. Of course, if you do say that you just want a general overview of the fauna of the Himalayas, then you can ignore this.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 5:18 pm

You could also add in the Ibex depending on the models you have.Most of the models are based on the Alpine Ibex but this older model by Schleich could pass as a Siberian Ibex as its quite heavily built.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Thank you for the links! I’ll definitely consider those!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 5:41 pm

I have the 3 ibex from Schleich and I was planning on using them for my Alps shelf Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?   What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains? Empty

Back to top Go down

What species are native to the Himalayan Mountains?
Page 1 of 1