Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Figure Company Tier List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Figure Company Tier List Empty
PostSubject: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 8:01 pm

After seeing several videos relating to Tier Lists, I decided I should try my hand at making one revolving around companies. Essentially, a Tier List is a ranking of anything using Tiers (A, B, C, etc). With S being the best tier and F being the worst. As I am fluent in Dinosaur Figures, this is mainly based on how accurate the dinosaurs produced by each brand are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have only one Recur figure at the moment and I don't have any Mojo figures, so I don't feel like I'm in any position to rank them relative to the other companies, whose figures I already have. I will answer any questions about this list, and if anyone has a figure or company tier list they would like to post, feel free to do so.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 8:14 pm

I wonder why the character S is in the first place. It would not be just A B C D E etc?

Anyway, I don't collect prehistoric but juzging only from images, for me undoubtely PNSO is the very unbeatable S and every other brands came next. With extant species that is my collecting subject I would rate Ikimon/Kitan Club and Yujin as S, Safari LTD, CollectA and Kaiyodo as A and re remaining brands next.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:16 pm

Interesting list and way of ranking brands! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:54 pm

It is actually interesting but to find an average point I needed to think a lot.
For extant animals, I surely put CollectA, Safari, Mojö Fun Schleich, Papo and Southlands Replicas at a similar level. Maybe CollectA and Southlands have the highest average quality with Mojo and Safari very close, Schleich a little behind but not enough to put in a lower category, but all these brands are performing nicely these last years.
I don't have enough prehistoric creatures to judge but I warrant my favorite prehistoric model is an eofauna.

I am sharing your table in text mode, at least one member on forum uses a braille device to read and that kind of images cannot be converted to readable text.

Dinosaur Company Tier List by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

S. Safari Ltd
A. CollectA, eofauna, KAIYODO, MESOZOIC

B. Vitae, PNSO, Favorite, BATTAT, ROM, BULLYLAND,

C. TOYWAY, PAPO, MATEL, Kenner, Schleich, Asbro

D. GEOWORLD

E.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 9:47 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
I wonder why the character S is in the first place. It would not be just A B C D E etc?

Anyway, I don't collect prehistoric but juzging only from images, for me undoubtely PNSO is the very unbeatable S and every other brands came next.

Good question about the S Tier. It’s kind of odd that they pulled a letter from the middle of the alphabet and plopped it in front of A. And the reason why I put PNSO so low was because that they sometimes put aesthetic appearances over the real animal. Like how they stretched out the torso of an Ichthyosaur so they wouldn’t have to make it a neutral swimming pose, or how they caked a Megalodon in wrinkles and creases when the real thing was smooth. And for two more examples, the Wilson rex was covered in way to fine scales, whereas we know from skin impressions that they would have had massive scales and even appeared smooth. Quality control also seems to be a problem for them. Their Euhelopus cost $120 and arrived with the head snapped cleanly off. They sent it again and the neck broke again. Sorry for the rant, but I had to list the exact evidence I used.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 9:56 pm

Sorry to hear from your bad personal experiences with fragility of the models. But how on Earth can you know that Carcharodon megalodon skin was smooth? Are you friend of this guy? Razz

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:45 pm

lol! I wish. I'm making an educated inference using Megalodon's modern relatives, the Sand Tiger Shark. While they actually had skin with backwards running scales, they would have appeared smooth, and if Megalodon has the same kind of skin as its relatives, it would have appeared smooth too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure Company Tier List   Figure Company Tier List Empty

Back to top Go down

Figure Company Tier List
Page 1 of 1