Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Occasional Art

Go down 
+6
Bonnie
Ana
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
Loon
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

Loon's Occasional Art - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 7:05 am

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sorry I have updated in a bit, but I've been terribly busy with work and school.

I would like to say that I can look forward to my break, but summer means Child Care has to start preparing for camp. I was crazy enough to sign up to host a club, which is a dedicated time for kids to do crafts and games centered around a theme. Each club lasts for 4 days, spread out over 3 weeks. With every meeting being 2 hours, I wanted to do something I knew enough about, so, I decided on animals as my theme. My club was initially a single, 4 day session, with the final day focusing on dinosaurs. However, camp organizers "encouraged" me to make them two separate clubs. The animal club is called "ZooKids" (named after "ZooBooks"), and the dinosaur club is called "DinoKids" (which doesn't really work). They also wanted me to do 3 sessions, instead of just 2, so ZooKids will be repeated after DinoKids. With camp starting next I a week, I feel a little overwhelmed, but I've got my lessons planned, all I need now are my materials and to put together some presentations...

Anyway, every club leader has to make posters to advertise their club to kids at camp. So, I stupidly spent an inordinate amount of time putting these together.

Here's the poster for DinoKids which was done first. I was encouraged to stick to a certain set of colors from the summer camp poster, so I made my animals feature them in some way. The selection of animals is mostly tied to presentations, crafts, or games I plan on doing in my club. This is the same for ZooKids, and I will post pictures of the kid's creations once we've done them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next up is ZooKids, which I'm personally more proud of. Even though I have more experience drawing dinosaurs, it actually turned out a lot easier to draw modern animals. Not that I'm an expert or really understand animal anatomy by any stretch, but the availability of reference images is so helpful.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Unfortunately, I didn't get to put in a non-bird reptile. I had planned to include a green sea turtle next to my tiger shark, as that is part of the Sharks and Sea Turtles game I have planned, but I forgot and started drawing the Narwhal in its place.

Since taking these pictures, both posters have been laminated and are currently in the hands of camp organizers. Anyway, stay tuned for stuff from camp!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 3:12 pm

These are so great! You did a fantastic job on the posters and the club activities sound fun!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 5:15 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
These are so great! You did a fantastic job on the posters and the club activities sound fun!

Thank you! I'm happy you like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Occasional Art   Loon's Occasional Art - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Occasional Art
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: What else ? :: Member's arts-
Jump to: