Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark

Go down 
4 posters

Choose your favorite
Basking Shark, CollectA
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap33%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 33% [ 25 ]
Lobster, CollectA
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap26%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 26% [ 20 ]
Lobster, Papo
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap17%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 17% [ 13 ]
Manatee, Schleich
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap9%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Manatee, Qualia
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap5%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Sea Cucumber, Yowie
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap5%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Sea Star, Papo
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap1%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Sunflower Sea Star, Yowie
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap0%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Xingu River Ray, Kaiyodo
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_lcap3%2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 76

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Empty
PostSubject: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 1:49 pm

Dear friends, those are the 9 most voted figures for Sealife category.
Time to vote in a single favorite, you can change your vote as long as the poll is active.
this poll will run until February 12th and the most voted will be awarded the 2021 STS Sealife Figure of the Year
On February 13th, the winner will join all other category winners to the grand final poll.
Have fun! bounce bounce

COLLECTA BASKING SHARK
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Collect-A-2021-Basking-shark

COLLECTA LOBSTER
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark 88920-10

PAPO LOBSTER
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Papo56052

SCHLEICH MANATEE
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Schleich-newer-manatee-pg

QUALIA MANATEE
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Qualia-african-manatee2

YOWIE SEA CUCUMBER
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Yowie-usa7-cucumber-kelly

PAPO SEA STAR
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Papo_56050_Starfish_1

YOWIE SUNFLOWER SEA STAR
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Yowies-usa-sunflower-starfish-pg

Kaiyodo Xingu River ray, CapsuleQ Museum The Complete Poisonous and Generous Creatures
2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Kaiyodo-2021-stingray-ben

Last edited by Roger on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 2:20 pm

this was tough for me between CollectA basking shark and CollectA lobster, but finally went with my arthropod roots :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 3:02 pm

the CollectA lobster up there is actually the Papo one again ;-)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 3:25 pm

That's weird, it was definitely the CollectA photo when I voted, cos I spent some time scrolling back and forth between them deciding which I liked best!

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 6:44 pm

I noticed the same than Blaine (difficult to not notice it), this is striking because each one represents a very different species, CollectA is an American lobster, that is reddish, and papo an European one, bluish. The strangest thing is that the repeated Papo lobster is not the same photograph put by error in both categories, they're two very different photos of the same figure scratch

I think this error influenced heavily in the votes. You can see Papo lobster have many more votes than CollectA, and that's because second image shows the promo pic of Papo lobster that looks much more realistic, and first one the photo of the real figure, that looks much worst. But the promo pic of the CollectA Maine lobster shows actually as good quality in paintjob and finish as the promo pic of the Papo one.

P. D: I doubt the ray is a "generous" creature Razz it should be writen poisonous instead generous Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 12:13 pm

Sorry for all confusions but it was just for a very short time.
I was not supposed to open this category and I was quite tired to be fair.
I opened it with catalogue pictures and everything was correct what explains George's post.
Later I've found some energy to replace the official pictures for real ones and apparently I replaced the wrong lobster what is weird but only happens with the person who does it.Also, I returned some figures to their official pics, namely the basking shark and surely I forgot to check everything carefully because I needed also to assist other friends working to turn this contest possible.
Fortunately the mistake was rapidely noticed and one of the moderators fixed it for me.
This is one of the reasons why it is allowed to change the vote during the whole poll. Mistakes happen but they are not a big problem as long as they can be fixed.
Two leading figures of this poll are being presented with official pictures. If this is a determining factor for their number of votes, I don't know but I find it an interesting subject.
Actually, it is much easier to put official photos for all of them but I think it depends a lot of the model.
Let me give you a simple example from 2022 where the slow loris from Schleich is much better in collector's pictures than in their official picture while the Schleich cougar is much nicer in Schleich's official picture.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 11:03 am

The Sealife winner for 2021 is known, I think it is not a surprise that the CollectA Basking Shark is the winner. Great performance from the two lobsters too.

1º Basking Shark, CollectA 25
2º Lobster, CollectA 20
3º Lobster, Papo 13
4º Manatee, Schleich 7
5º Manatee, Qualia 4
5º Sea Cucumber, Yowie 4
7º Xingu River Ray, Kaiyodo 2
8º Sea Star, Papo 1
9º Sunflower Sea Star, Yowie 0

2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Collect-A-2021-Basking-shark

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Certainly not a surprise, but it's more a surprise that in this poll the number of votes of each figure are arranged in the same order than the figures themselves, haha

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 12:17 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Certainly not a surprise, but it's more a surprise that in this poll the number of votes of each figure are arranged in the same order than the figures themselves, haha

Laughing Almost the same but they are sorted alphabetically, it is not even related with the preliminar choices. Just a funny coincidence.

PostSubject: Re: 2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark   2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark Empty

Back to top Go down

2021 Sealife Figure of the Year, CollectA Basking shark
Page 1 of 1