Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8

Go down 
+33
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 02, 2022 9:29 pm

So what's new on my displays in march and april ? 
The last two months have been less turbulent than January or February...
The newcomers are less numerous, of course, but they still managed to achieve their goal: To make me happy ! cheers

First of all I received a small package from my favorite Croco Rogério: A small gazelle and a large turtle.
I am not a completist but the little gazelle was sorely lacking in my collection of Dinamização, this Portuguese brand produced in the years of my youth a series of impressive monochrome animals for the quality of the sculptures. Without the existence of STS I would probably never have heard of these little marvels and without the generosity of Rogério I would not have had the chance to hold them all in my hands.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In the same parcel I have found the huge Papo Alligator snapping turtle. Crocodile When this model came out, I was already the proud owner of the two Yujin (1/48 and 1/22 scales), so I didn't rush on the Papo. When I finally told myself that such a critter would look great on my 1/8 scale shelf, the model was discontinued and no way to find one for a decent price.
Fortunately, a Portuguese reptile friend of mine took pity and offered me one. I love you Here she is Very Happy

A Hausser elastolin 1950's Penguin has also decided to join my pack ice. I can't tell exactly the species but this one is a male (at least on Hausser catalogues Laughing)

I also find a place for an unknown composition Lion (Germany printed on the belly), it is simple but very charming for me.

After Germany, let's take a short detour to Spain with the Lafredo brand. The latter produced a series of plastic wild animals "Animales grande" in the 1960s. Here is the Ibex.

At last, three Indian rhinoceros have found the path to my reserve, a Funrise, a DDR and a Nardi.

Let's talk about the Funrise first, it is a model from 1988, I knew it because I already caught a Miniland from 1990 made from the same mould. The Funrise plastic is a bit harder than the Miniland one. I like very much the elegant pose of this Rhino.

Then I had the chance to get my hands on a huge Rhino made in DDR using composite materials and papier-mâché.
The realism is not there of course but the placidity, the nonchalance and the good nature make all the charm of this big one.

Last but not least, I wanted to show you a Rhino who was on my ultimate wanted list: The Nardi Indian rhinoceros.
It is a very emblematic model of the original Italian production. For me, the Nardi Fratelli brand is as fascinating as the most famous Chialù. Once again, this model will never reach the podium of the "champions of realism" but it is a great toy with a very endearing personality.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 02, 2022 10:49 pm

congratulations on all your wonderful additions Christophe! the rhinos are all eye catching and the nardi has a super expression - those lips, that eye Wink

I think my favourite is the ibex :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 1:41 am

I have always felt that turtle was a monster! In a good way. Wink Excellent new additions!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 7:55 am

Wow, the first rhino is incredibly realistic for a vintage figure made in the 1988!!!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 8:19 am

As always you found amazing , beautyful, rare, ultra-charming gems !!! cheers

Congratulations with completing your collection of the lovely Dinamização models Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 12:56 pm

Lovely new models, the Papo alligator snapping turtle is stunning! cheers Wonderful that you could have the help of a Crocodile with this one! The vintage models are always lovely to see too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:43 pm

Christophe, thank you for your very kind words, I could say the same about you. cheers
Dinamização is not even known among the majority of the Portuguese collectors and the Zoo series is far from being the most important of their "games". Those figures were never exported so they're almost impossible to find outside of Portugal and even here they're not easy to find anymore.
I am glad I could help some friends with these little models and I enjoy seeing them receiving so much love.
It is one of the reasons why collecting in a community is so special, if I could help everyone finding about Dinamização, it is countless the number of figures and brands I can enjoy thanks to many of you.
I think a special point about Dinamização models is that they're not one of those sets that were manufactured by a global manufacturing company and sold under many different brands. They are made in Portugal and their designs are unique. We may find some similarities with Britains but they are surely not copies.
The Hausser penguin is an emperor or a king but I think you know it. The orange ear patch is not blending with the white part what may mean it is supposed to be a king, though it should be placed slightly above. Painting is a little messed but the figure is very beautiful.
I find it very interesting that tthe Funrise Indian rhino uses the same mould as the Miniland model. I think the early Miniland because the current rhinos are not the same.
From @Jill's horses, we found out that Toy Major manufactured at least the early models to Funrise. Funrise has an important branch in Spain. I don't know this rhino from Toy Major sets but I also don't know all Toy Major figures. It might result from a common manufacturer, they're not copies of each other, I am convinced about it.
I also enjoy to see you venturing into Lafredo world, their designs have a special artistic expression.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 6:14 am

Congratulations for your always interesting , new finds Kiki. Also for these from March, which I`ve missed...and I saw real gems there.
I like them all ! Especially the Funrise rhino. It looks really nice.
And hurray for our Roger cheers
He also made me very very happy with many Dinamização models, which I have to show one day too.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 6:21 pm

Nice catches , especially the DDR. I never knows or came across with a indian rhino in my childhood

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 6:48 pm

Awesome additions! I really love the Papo turtle!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 5:31 pm

It's been a long time, too long, since I've posted a few pictures around here.
These last few months have been quite painful for me with health and family problems
I therefore take advantage of a moment of respite to present to you the few figurines who were kind enough to come and brighten up these painful months.

Let's start with a tiger from Durso. The Belgian brand of small soldiers produced a nice menagerie in Composition, perhaps until the 80s. I already owned two tigers from the brand, here is the third. Realism is not there, but the charm and poetry of toys from this period are not lacking.
The level of realism of our miniatures has taken a big leap in the last ten years and it's great. What the old toys show me each time, however, is that the quality, the quantity of poetry induced by the sculptor, the painter is also essential.

Speaking of great sculpts, of a great artist, I had the chance to put my hands on three wonderful animals made by our friend J Miguel Aparicio. These three are certainly not toys but Miguel designed them for collectors like us because we share the same passion. The old members of STS witnessed at the time an explosion of talents like Miguel, Joan Milelire, Ana, Noémi and many others. I have the weakness to think that STS was the cauldron where all this was catalysed. For that alone, our forum has fully deserved its existence.

So here is the Gelada, Himalayan bharal and Wild yak.

Get back to France, with an aluminium giraffe and a modern African fish-eagle

The Giraffe is a LR (Louis Roussy). I have been passionate about this brand and these mysterious animal figurines for years. What I like about them is a very homogeneous range with a particular, identifiable style, a bit like Clairet, Beton Bergen, Starlux or the Schleich of the 2000s.
The giraffe is part of the "Small size" series in the "alupluche" version, which means that the toy is flocked. I don't collect flocked figurines (not my taste) but LRs are rare enough for me to make an exception.

The second French model is the 2022 African fish-eagle. I'm behind with the models offered by the brand in 2021 and 2022. Usually Papo is a brand that I buy in brick and mortar stores. Alas, since the Covid, the figurines have deserted the displays and only Schleich survives a bit.
However, I stumbled upon this model by chance. Birds, raptors, with outstretched wings always cause me problems: They take up space in a shelf and the wings are generally smaller than in real life.
At the same time, I had been waiting for years for a company to be kind enough to replace the eternal Bald eagle with its African cousin, so it is with joy that I am trying to find a place for this too short wings bird.

Talking about Schleich, fine models reached my home.

First the last Wild boar, this kind of animals are uneasy to render in toys IMHO. I think it's because it's both a very familiar animal and also with a very strong personality. It is difficult to be fair without falling into caricature.
Among modern manufacturers, I like the Mojo and I think the Papo and Safari Ltd lean a little too much towards caricature. As for the CollectA, I find them irrelevant and I hope that the firm will soon offer us better versions.
Since its creation in 2017, I find a lot of charm in this Schleich, good proportions and not too cute.

With seven Indian rhinos produced (not counting calves), Schleich is the No. 1 brand for this species. You know my particular affection for the beast, yet I had not thrown myself on this one when it came out. After the masterful Safari Ltd and the excellent Papo, the latest Schleich didn't seem up to me.

Even if it's not as great, I have to admit that this model has great qualities: no disproportionate head or eyes, on the contrary the proportions are very correct. Maybe a little too many buttons on the back and sides, that would be my only complaint. One more at home!

I can’t resist too much to Malayan tapirs… This one is nice for my 1/25 shelf and the baby perfectly fit with my Safari Ltd.

Slow loris, the kind of animal made for Schleich, all in curves with cute big eyes… And it is a hit, it will replace my Eikoh now.

Let's end the visit with Japan.
1/1 scale models have not always been part of my collection, it was my interest in poison dart frogs, then for amphibians in general, that decided my fate. A collection of frogs, salamanders and a few arthropods (thanks Blaine) is a feast for the eyes, so colourful and exotic.
The So-Ta company has released a few gems lately, among them a superb Waxy monkey leaf frog and an austere Dung beetle hard at work!

At last, even if I don’t collect too much articulated models (except mouths…) this very nice rhino, made by Takara Tomy, small but very well made, absolutely had to join my collection. It’s done
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 5:56 pm

Very special additions, congrats.

Can you please send me a pm. I found a another monitor by Manurba for you.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 8:08 pm

Christophe, it is a big joy to see you here again with so great new models! Very Happy
I hope you can recover gradually from your hard days.
Oh, you got that mighty yak by Miguel! Shocked Here is a good example how a figure can be realistic with an evident artistic identity.
The baboon is your face, it is the Portuguese expression for your cup of tea. Laughing ... and I love the blue sheep. If you find time and motivation, could you show it together with Anna's Urial?
Will you replace your slow loris? I hope not but if you intend to sell the Eikoh model, please let me know first. Wink

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 8:30 pm

I'll get you a name on that dung beetle later today or the weekend. It was not marketed at the species level, but it is the same sculpt as the Kheper festivus (the green beetle in the set). Assuming it is in the genus Kheper, Beetle guy and I came up with an acceptable ID, but I have the name at home and not immediately accessible. I'll send it to you later.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 1:48 pm

Kheper lamarcki is probably the best option for the black dung-roller.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Wonderful additions!!!!!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 6:52 pm

Great to see you back with new additions. I hope the hard times are behind you. I often don't care too much about realism and I agree the Durso tiger and Ania Indian rhino look great. Could I ask what height the rhino is?

Miguel's models are excellent too. It's great that he makes animals that are rare in model form.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 11:30 pm

Many treasures here, the bharal is my favorita.
Very Nice rhino and the loris is lovely.
Big congratulations.

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 12:05 am

I am really sorry that you and your family are going thru these hard times Kiki. I really hope that very soon, much better days will come. I wish that to you and your family , with all my heart.
It is a joy for all of us, to see you back here, with these wonderful models.
You always show very different models from each other and always they are very interesting.
I really like every single one of them and love the Miguel`s yak .
Congratulations and hugs from me .

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 10:48 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your family news Christophe. I hope that things improve soon for you and life delights you as much as these wonderful new figures!

The bharal is superb, and I love the yak too. Such wonderful detail, the shape and painting and coats are elegant and refined - beautiful models.
And I really love flock figures! I have quite a few Very Happy
and this giraffe is excellent! Congratulations on all your new friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 11:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you Andreas, I'm a bit late but I will write you today  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you  Very Happy The Gelada is a real beauty, too bad Miguel stopped to make monkeys, I guess it was because it didn't sell well  Crying or Very sad  Not sure I understand the baboon translation  Laughing  scratch  study  scratch
The mighty yak is... mighty  cheers If I have time I will make a few pics soon  Sleep
I will make something about 1/18 scale caprines soon
The Eikoh Slow loris agree to live in Portugal  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Blaine, I was waiting for you to enlighten us to arrange that beetle on TAW. Kheper lamarcki is fine for me Thanks  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you Taylor  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thanks for your wish Roger. The last joke ? one week ago the third of my living room ceiling fell on us, I would indeed like to turn the page  Laughing
I'm happy you like the Durso tiger and Ania Indian rhino, they deserve it. The rhino is too small for you alas BL 8 and SH 4,3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thanks Fernando  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: thank you and hugs Kosta  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you Annette Very Happy I'm glad you also like my new giraffe  sunny

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you  Very Happy The Gelada is a real beauty, too bad Miguel stopped to make monkeys, I guess it was because it didn't sell well  Crying or Very sad  Not sure I understand the baboon translation  Laughing  scratch  study  scratch
The mighty yak is... mighty  cheers If I have time I will make a few pics soon  Sleep
I will make something about 1/18 scale caprines soon
The Eikoh Slow loris agree to live in Portugal  Wink

:Lol: Such a clever loris. Very Happy cheers
Much more clever than me since I see now that Geladas are not baboons? They're not Papio although very closely related.
Well, I just mean that monkeys fit your collecting preferences using a Portuguese saying which fits your avatar. monkey You know it. Wink

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 9:02 pm

Wonderful to see you back on STS with such an interesting array of models! cheers I always enjoy reading through your latest additions! Very Happy I am so sorry that the last few weeks have been so hard and really hope that things start to improve, I'm glad you've got all these lovely models to bring you some respite.
I love the dung beetle! cheers Such a great and unusual model! sunny And the sculptures by the great artists of STS are true treasures, amazing models to have in your collection! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 1:30 pm

Thankyou for brightening a grey, wet, Danish day for me, dear Christophe !sunny
Most of all, because it seems that you have managed to go on with life in spite of the hard times you had I love you

But also your wonderful photos and great models cheers
The models made by J Miguel Aparicioare, of course, absolutely stunning!
And again I have to admire your ability to pick great models among the large variety which we can choose from these days Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 5:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you Lilias cheers Yes Miguel did and still do a great job on his models, I'm glad I was able to catch a few. About the Dung beetle, this animal is nowadays nearly everywhere in African wildlife documentaries but I can never imagine the real size of the animal. Thanks to this model, I know cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you dear Very Happy I'm glad to be able to brighten grey, wet, Danish days sunny What a monkey Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated March 8
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next