Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*

Go down 
+38
jarda
Nasreddin
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 3:09 am

Great additions to your collection
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 3:13 am

Too many incredible additions since I was here last to be too specific, but congrats on everything! Especially on getting figures long desired and maybe you thought you'd never get. :) Love the play visions, of course! I similarly have been trying to decide if the opportunity outweighs the cost all at once like that. Laughing I was waiting to see those crocs pop up, but I must have missed them!

Also really love that alligator, and the okapis and hyenas, and that honey badger! What a great figure! The colorata frogs are delightful, and really, just a whole slew of wonderful models. Congratulations on such wonderful finds all around!! It's quite a wide variety of species represented. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 4:33 pm

I really love the Colorata frogs and the Safari Komodo dragon.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 6:06 am

What fun to find a Maine lobster on a trip to Maine? Some great pieces there.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 6:15 am

Thank you everybody!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the funny thing is that my 2 year old niece LOVED the lobster waaaaay more than the squishy dog things she got from the toy store. It was lots of fun to watch her play with the legs and antennae etc. I am sure she's noticed the live tanks of them at restaurants, and perhaps realizes what it is. Or maybe just the extra appendages/alien factor intrigued her.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 11:05 am

Lovely additions to catch up on here! cheers Especially the delightful little dogs, they're a very sweet group! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the funny thing is that my 2 year old niece LOVED the lobster waaaaay more than the squishy dog things she got from the toy store. It was lots of fun to watch her play with the legs and antennae etc. I am sure she's noticed the live tanks of them at restaurants, and perhaps realizes what it is. Or maybe just the extra appendages/alien factor intrigued her.

That's really interesting - when I saw the recent proliferation of crustacean figures (from Papo and also CollectA, I think) I remember thinking they'd be popular with collectors but perhaps not so much with children cos they're less familiar and loved than the usual pet/farm/wildlife type animals kids know from an early age, yet here's an example of a real actual child who was interested and entertained by one!

Concavenator

Concavenator

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 3:23 pm

Interesting to see you collect prehistoric stuff as well, there aren’t that many of us here! Wink

Also the display risers are great. I just got some today and they really make for a nicer display. Very Happy

DeviantArt

Instagram
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/5aurophaganax
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 4:13 pm

Thank you Bonnie, George, and Concavenator!

George, it surprised me as well! I know myself as a child would have been a little freaked out by all the legs and antennae. It wasn't until quite recently that I started to see such arthropods as interesting (hence why I have picked up a few).

Concavenator, thanks! I am always looking for new ways to display my collection and improve the curation aspect. I didn't use to collect dinos actively due to cost... but it has come to the point where I couldn't resist anymore. :) I try to be very selective and get species that aren't so common, newest representations of what we think X looked like, or just ones that I personally find irresistable. :) You can see my prehistorics collection here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But it has been a year since I updated it so some things are missing. Presentation part 2 will be coming this fall.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:34 am

Probably the last batch for a little while. :) Topmost row is a trade with out wonderful Jill! She completed my tiger family, gave me a couple of custom projects, a handsome unknown spaniel, and an Authentics lynx. 

Then in a marvellous trade with our own Night Elf, I got the opportunity to own the 1/1,000 Yowies glass frog! Its made of translucent plastic and I still can't believe I can hold it in hand... she even so generous as to include a bonus of a Bullyland Icey! This mould is even more cute in person. 

Then from ebay lots I got lucky and snatched BOTH old Safari swans (bendy necks) for cheap, and a whole pack of TM dogs! I thought the sheltie would be a duplicate for me, but thia TM model is the original solid rubbery plastic, and the other is hollow (and thus will be repainted sometime). But for me, the obvioua stars are the Akita and Spaniel from that bunch. 

HUGE THANK YOU to Night Elf and Jill for your trades!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

P.S. I got a new light for photos, a small ring light. Any thoughts on the lighting here? Better? Worse?

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:45 am

that's a wonderful variety of new figures! well done with your wonderful trades to get your tiger and the translucent frog. The swans are really nice too.
I think this shot looks a bit darker compared to your other photos, but it has a nice softness to it and seems to set up the background nicely. Can this light be used in conjunction with your other lighting set up ?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:50 am

Great batch! Wow that Yowies glass frog is such a great trade! Such a cute little frog, I remember seeing one sell on eBay in the triple digits Shocked

The old Safari swans are great too, especially the black one since there are very few of those in figure form..

Congrats!

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 11:58 am

Amazing!! Lovely little spaniel, and what a wonderful chance to grab all these TM dogs! cheers They're among my favourites, and I love the American cocker sculpt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 4:59 pm

Fantastic new models, especially the rare frog.
I'm not the best person to tell which light is best but I am not sure you needed a new light. Your pictures are often mentioned among the best to see every detail, especially when I use them on TAW so I believe everyone liked the light you used before. I'm not saying this light is not good.

Concavenator

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:20 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I didn't use to collect dinos actively due to cost... but it has come to the point where I couldn't resist anymore. :)

That’s relatable lol. Also, great collection right there! Looking forward to the update.

DeviantArt

Instagram
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/5aurophaganax
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:26 pm

Congrats on these, especially the frog!! Wow! Applause I was also watching that ebay one recently. Really a treasure!!

I love those toy major dogs, too, they are such great sculpts. :)

Can't wait to see what you do with the flamingo and ostrich. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 6:34 pm

Special congrats for the Yowie frog cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 9:56 pm

Great additions especially the TM dogs!I am still on the hunt for the Akita which sadly traded many years ago!

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 8:22 am

I know I'm late, but I'm happy to see you enjoy the Paposaurs so much. They're definitely some of their best efforts; I feel like that 2018/2019 period was truly their golden age in terms of dinosaurs. Also, I love that cocker spaniel from the recent photo; reminds me so much of my late dog Fluffy.

As for the new lights, I think they're doing a good job of highlighting the figures, but maybe they're a bit too bright? Is it possible to lower the brightness at all?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 2:23 am

Thank you everyone (belatedly). Very Happy

I have recently made a move, and in the chaos of such I had to leave my main collection in temporary storage at my grandmother's house. It is a bit stressful for me, but for now it was the only option. Hopefully sooner than later I can move it back to my new home. 
In case you ever wondered... this is what a 5,000 piece collection looks like packed up.
I placed the smaller sized models in these plastic "shoebox" size totes.

And then placed those inside these bigger boxes (that way it limits compression pressure and hopefully any breaking or scuffing).

Alongside my Breyers and other miscellaneous accessories.

Anywho, while a good chunk of my new additions pre-birthday got packed away in my hurry, a few packages I had sent to my sister's house in Oregon I am able to keep to look at and appreciate and photograph! Unfortunately, of the ones that got packed was a really kind birthday gift from Kelly but I won't be able to share them until sometime later. Also, I have not found blue background replacements so until further notice, my photos will be from outside. So here are they. :) A mini piece of my collection.
First up was a package from Loon! My first 2022 Mojo, some lovely japanese sharks, the collectA anaconda, and Papo Compy.

Another ebay package was full of treasures! Some to trade, some mysteries, but mostly these original Nayab birds made of nice stiff plastic (so someday I can customize the cheaper copies I have).

These were models I enjoyed snagging along my first road trip to OR a few weeks ago and then again this last weekend. Some old AND new Safaris, the superb Papo Iguanodon, and my first Chap Mei dog!

Then lastly, my birthday gift to myself. I found the highly desired WR/K&M kiwis in an ebay lot, found a used and brand new breyer stablemate, and lastly I finally gave in and bought some fantastic little Kaiyodo wolves!!! Including a rarer black phase hokkaido wolf.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 4:10 am

We moved back in December and moving an entire collection can be so stressful! I also used smaller bins for all my animals, then those large Home Depot boxes for dinosaurs and other things. Probably too late now but one thing I got that was super helpful were about 600 small bubble wrap baggies. It was great for all the standard sized figures and then they could all be in a bin taking up minimal space without touching each other.

My collection is less than half the size of yours so I can only imagine the stress and hard work to pack it all up. Although I will say its the best feeling when you unpack everything into the new home and its almost like getting your figures all over again when unwrapping them all.

Some great additions and I hope the rest of your move goes smoothly for you and your figures! I love you

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 9:00 am

Thank you Jolie! It was an enormous undertaking... and that was JUST my collection, let alone all the other stuff to take care of... anywho, I packed them well I think and don't think I need to worry about physical damage so much, for me its mostly just that it won't be displayable for a time and I don't have active access to it right now. I didn't realize how much of my time was devoted to my hobby outside of my work and dogs! 

Also, it goes without saying I suppose but, my annual Curious Compendium Exhibition will have to wait until further notice.  Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Once I get my collection back I will endeavor to re photoshoot it though! However, hopefully in this interim I will have another project to show off soonish... so stand by. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 5:47 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone (belatedly). Very Happy

I have recently made a move, and in the chaos of such I had to leave my main collection in temporary storage at my grandmother's house. It is a bit stressful for me, but for now it was the only option. Hopefully sooner than later I can move it back to my new home. 
In case you ever wondered... this is what a 5,000 piece collection looks like packed up.
I placed the smaller sized models in these plastic "shoebox" size totes.

And then placed those inside these bigger boxes (that way it limits compression pressure and hopefully any breaking or scuffing).

Alongside my Breyers and other miscellaneous accessories.

Anywho, while a good chunk of my new additions pre-birthday got packed away in my hurry, a few packages I had sent to my sister's house in Oregon I am able to keep to look at and appreciate and photograph! Unfortunately, of the ones that got packed was a really kind birthday gift from Kelly but I won't be able to share them until sometime later. Also, I have not found blue background replacements so until further notice, my photos will be from outside. So here are they. :) A mini piece of my collection.
First up was a package from Loon! My first 2022 Mojo, some lovely japanese sharks, the collectA anaconda, and Papo Compy.

Another ebay package was full of treasures! Some to trade, some mysteries, but mostly these original Nayab birds made of nice stiff plastic (so someday I can customize the cheaper copies I have).

These were models I enjoyed snagging along my first road trip to OR a few weeks ago and then again this last weekend. Some old AND new Safaris, the superb Papo Iguanodon, and my first Chap Mei dog!

Then lastly, my birthday gift to myself. I found the highly desired WR/K&M kiwis in an ebay lot, found a used and brand new breyer stablemate, and lastly I finally gave in and bought some fantastic little Kaiyodo wolves!!! Including a rarer black phase hokkaido wolf.

I hope you can take them out, soon. You really have a huge collection Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 11:48 am

Wow, all those boxes goes to show just how big your collection is, I can imagine how stressful it must have been, I would have been so worried I'd lose something- but I hope that the rest of the move goes as smoothly as possible!
And wonderful new additions! That Chap Mei boxer is lovely, I sadly don't see Chap Mei dogs for sale too much anymore so that is a really nice catch! Very Happy As are the Kaiyodo wolves, definitely the best birthday gift for a canine lover! sunny
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 4:14 pm

I thought I had a few boxes and I only collect Britains!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me* - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *10/15: 13 years and it finally broke me*
Page 10 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next