Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*

Go down 
+35
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 2:44 am

Nice additions, The longhorn is magestic and I like the fishes too.

Congratulations Paige. cheers cheers

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 9:05 pm

Thank you for your answer Paige and Congratulations for this new batch with that so impressive longhorn! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 5:06 am

Thanks Kelly, Fernando, and Alain!

I came across this "huge lot" of models on ebay. Everything was in plastic bags and difficult to make out, though I thought I could see bits and pieces of things I could recognize... but couldn't be sure. Went ahead and gambled on it... and found some interesting things! 

The tiger here I admit was a thrift find (have found lots of IC etc. models lately...). The New Ray dogs were the most exciting for me! Then just lots of littles. Any IDs for the butterflies would be welcome! Two are marked TM.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This lot did give me some trade fodder though so check that out soon! I hope to update in a day or two.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 9:36 am

Good catch cheers cheers

What brand is the little brown rhino?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 11:10 am

Fantastic salad! The middle butterfly is probably a birdwing.
Toy Major butterflies are marked with a letter, we are sorting all of them in this page.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 11:49 am

Wow, that's an amazing array of new models! cheers
I love the new ray dogs, especially the Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen! cheers cheers I think it's one of their most beautiful models, so realistic and also an unusual breed, definitely one of my favourite NR dogs! Very Happy The little dogs are lovely too, the MEG sheltie is very sweet and I've always loved that Japanese Chin, unusual to see it in plastic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Great new batch! The tiger is impressive and well done! Also the softshell turtle is lovely :)

Yes the butterflies have not the most accurate paintjob nor shape, but the middle one as Roger says intend to represent a birwing Ornithoptera priamus, while the left one Graphium weiskei and the right one some kind of Parnassius. All three of them belonging to the swallowtail family.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:47 pm

The butterflies are probably, from left to right:
1. Graphium weiskei
2. unknown; could be painted after the underside of something in the genus Euphaedra (companies do that sometimes), although a stylized Ornithoptera is possibility as well
3. the 'schmidtii' aberration of the small copper, Lycaena phlaeas eleus
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 5:42 pm

Dogs and butterflies....are my favorites, great lot.

Congrats. cheers cheers

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 9:34 pm

Great selection of additions-the tiger is a really great find!!The selection of dogs is lovely as well.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 6:50 pm

Thank you everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 1:05 am

how wonderful, such variety there and I think this tiger is just beautiful!
well done!
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 7:56 am

God, that tiger is fantastic, and by the looks of it, massive. Congrats on such a diverse haul!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 1:56 pm

I need to retract my thoughts on the green, black, and pink butterfly.

I do think now this is Cairn's birdwing, Ornithoptera euphorion. Looking at the original Club Earth figure that was probably the basis for this trend, there is faint pink/purple on the forewings (it's very subtle). I think these figures with more pink are just stylized O. euphorion!

From left to right, top to bottom:
Club Earth; unknown (CE knockoff); US Toy; Toy Major; Insect Lore

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Thank you sunny and loon!

And thank you Blaine for the update! The clyb earth and TM are the best (artistically speaking).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:39 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 5:31 am

A few more thrift/discount finds.

The k&m dog tube will probably be repainted at some date as they are poorly done. The Mojo goose pair was a lucky find at my local HL and I got ridiculously excited about them (very nice models, really). One new Schleich item has found its way to stores near me and I quite like this cougar. Not my favorite but it is a very nice figure. Then some odds and ends I have discovered along the way. Wink

Hope to get some trades done soon so stay posted!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 9:45 am

Beautieful additions, especially the goose pair.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 11:34 am

Congratulations, Very Happy Applause cheers
I also find the pair of Mojo geese very interesting  drunken
I am of your opinion for the cougar that I nevertheless acquired! drunken
I also find the reclining vicuna that I have been contemplating for years very interesting, I find it great but a bit small...scratch
Could you show it to us with other camelids in comparison? study Wink

With the puma it can - match, if we consider that it is a newborn! Rolling Eyes Smile
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 3:57 pm

The lovely K&M dogs, and I definitely think it's a good idea to repaint them, I can't wait to see the results! cheers This set is interesting because the same moulds seem to have been used everywhere, I find it hard to tell which are the originals- I think Nayab also used these K&M dogs. study I love the rough collie/ sheltie of course, he's very sweet! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 10:37 pm

Thank you friends! The geese are truly nice... my new favorites. And when I get around to them Bonnie, I will probably consult with you for new breed assignments for repaints. Wink

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 11:54 pm

My favourites are, the little sheep, the coloured goose and beagle.

Congrats sunny sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 12:09 am

Two geese is a lot of noise but I really miss my geese friends, they loved my cookies. Laughing
I still have to check the last pictures you've sent to put on TAW but I won't forget them. I really love these groups of figures where everything is non sense. Hahah!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 12:56 am

what a wonderful assortment! congratulations on your gathering techniques Very Happy

the sitting vicuna (I thought at first it was a llama?) looks very beautiful indeed! I really love it :)
it seems to be 1/32nd scale judging by the size of it next to that addax ?
what make is it Paige ?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 2:16 am

Thank you everyone! The llama is by Safari, a toob figure. I wanna say it is from a farmyard pets toob or something... I can't currently look it up, sorry.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 5/18 Small batch!*
Page 4 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next