Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains Repaints

Go down 
+13
Leoo Past
sunny
Chris Sweetman
Bonnie
Morek
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Taos
Roger
Caracal
George
thebritfarmer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Morek

Morek

Country/State : United Kingdom

Britains Repaints - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 8:07 pm

This rare model lost one of his leg…can you tell which one is not original?
Britains Repaints - Page 3 D7d27910
Britains Repaints - Page 3 2f33ce10
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 8:59 pm

thebritfarmer wrote:
I found these while digging through some stuff. Must be at least 15 years since I painted them.

and a Fjord horse

Britains Repaints - Page 3 28954310

these are very nice repaints! I like your take on the Fjord horse. The zebra body lends itself well to these prehistoric type colourations!

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 9:02 pm

Morek wrote:
Some before and after photo…will make better one when I will finish.Britains Repaints - Page 3 53e72010

your repaints are very nice, lots of different colour patterns in your animals.
This zebra manages to look like a normal 'fat' zebra, even though the plastic model is a thin version! well done!

by the way, a while ago I have seen the variety of figures you have done on your ebay store. Keep it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 9:58 pm

sunny wrote:
Morek wrote:
Some before and after photo…will make better one when I will finish.Britains Repaints - Page 3 53e72010

your repaints are very nice, lots of different colour patterns in your animals.
This zebra manages to look like a normal 'fat' zebra, even though the plastic model is a thin version! well done!

by the way, a while ago I have seen the variety of figures you have done on your ebay store. Keep it up Very Happy
Thank you Sunny! Nice to know you visited my store and enjoyed different patterns on Britains models. I’m trying make every model original but sometimes I being asked to redo some models.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:19 pm

Morek wrote:

Thank you Sunny! Nice to know you visited my store and enjoyed different patterns on Britains models. I’m trying make every model original but sometimes I being asked to redo some models.

redo models - as in more buyers want them ?

If so, then that is a good thing! Congratulations!

A hand painted model will be very individual, even if you paint 100 of them! That's what's so amazing about being an artist:)

And if it brings in easy money for you and you enjoy it - then well done!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:24 pm

Morek wrote:

25% chance: the left hind leg. It's very well done. Especially matching the colour is very difficult.
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 11:53 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Morek wrote:

25% chance: the left hind leg. It's very well done. Especially matching the colour is very difficult.
Yes you are right! It is not perfect but at list it is not disable anymore  Laughing …it displays well on the diorama.
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 11:58 pm

sunny wrote:
Morek wrote:

redo models - as in more buyers want them ?

If so, then that is a good thing! Congratulations!

A hand painted model will be very individual, even if you paint 100 of them! That's what's so amazing about being an artist:)

And if it brings in easy money for you and you enjoy it - then well done!
Yes you are right, they will be alway little bit different but for example they want the same breed or similar looking to the one sold already. Yes it is good thing, I’m enjoying it for sure and if other people like them as well that even more satisfying  sunny
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 12:13 am

thebritfarmer wrote:
Couple more I found

Britains Repaints - Page 3 27823610
Britains Repaints - Page 3 27824510
Are you a cow or buffalo?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 12:35 pm

Great idea to transform them into different species, it works very well. Regarding the brown cow: I really had to zoom in and even then it was just a guess. The brow cow is very rare, so well worth repairing it.

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 8:34 am

I finished this zebra so few more photos with unpainted friend …
Britains Repaints - Page 3 49089410
Britains Repaints - Page 3 668b1410
Britains Repaints - Page 3 8bb09910
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 10:13 am

It looks wonderful, such realistically designed stripes, perfectly applied - the sculpt looks so much better in this new detailed paintwork!

Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 10:17 am

Britains Repaints - Page 3 Ec5aad10
Britains Repaints - Page 3 9111cf10
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 12:54 pm

It is fantastic and gives justice to the mold. Sometimes it is not obvious how good are Britains molds because the original colors do not always help. With your perfect job, these models turn into little wonders. Yes, little because I forgot they're much smaller than zebras from "modern" brands and it turns your work even more meritorious.

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 4:46 pm

Roger wrote:
It is fantastic and gives justice to the mold. Sometimes it is not obvious how good are Britains molds because the original colors do not always help. With your perfect job, these models turn into little wonders. Yes, little because I forgot they're much smaller than zebras from "modern" brands and it turns your work even more meritorious.
Thank you Roger for you understanding and kind words…yes they are smaller than other brands commonly used for repaints like schleich or collecta. It is challenging and I used the smallest brushes I have. On the photo is the tiniest model I painted so far. I have made his tail as well. And chickens of course are very small as well..I didn’t get to rabbits yet! This will be fan!I have few with missing ears…hmmm I’m just not ready for them yet😁😆Britains Repaints - Page 3 049c0010
Britains Repaints - Page 3 B32c1910
Britains Repaints - Page 3 F3100810
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 6:55 pm

The zebra is amazing. It's a really thin sculpt, but if painted well that isn't obvious at all.

The cat is good too. It's really tiny. I had to check what it looks like when you don't zoom in. I think something like this:
Britains Repaints - Page 3 Cat210

And now the painting looks very detailed!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 9:26 pm

I agree, it is really impressive how much detail you can put in such a tiny figure. Roger is right, we see it here much larger than what it is in real so it is not easy to get a correct impression of how difficult it is to paint so small details.

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 10:18 pm

Roger wrote:
I agree, it is really impressive how much detail you can put in such a tiny figure. Roger is right, we see it here much larger than what it is in real so it is not easy to get a correct impression of how difficult it is to paint so small details.
On my hand for comparison;)Britains Repaints - Page 3 1afc9610
Britains Repaints - Page 3 D3728110
Britains Repaints - Page 3 97b95210
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Britains Repaints - Page 3 B3a2b210
With some modern size model…
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 11:17 pm

Very good repaints on these zebra and ducks! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 8:41 pm

Wonderful repaints especially the Runner ducks!!

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 5:16 pm

Britains Repaints - Page 3 71885910
Britains Repaints - Page 3 A2651210
Britains Repaints - Page 3 Bbee1710
Not mine repaint but I found it interesting….I think is super 🥰
Back to top Go down
Morek

Morek

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 5:18 pm

Caracal wrote:
Very good repaints on these zebra and ducks! cheers cheers
Thank you! I guess I have to work a bit more on this cat 🐈⬛ Laughing 👍
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Wonderful donkey!!!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 1:57 am

I like these repaints, cheers cheers

The color of the cow is beautiful, and the ducks were marvellous.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britains Repaints   Britains Repaints - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains Repaints
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next