Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Toy Forum is not working

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Animal Toy Forum is not working Empty
PostSubject: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 11:55 pm

Hello!
Like many other members here, I also visit the Animal Toy Forum as well as the STS.

But since yesterday when I try to enter, it only appears a blank page with next text:

"SMF file version (2.1.1) does not match SMF database version (2.0.2).
Run the SMF upgrader to fix this.
More information."

Somebody else have the same problem? I must wait until the ATF admin solves it, or it's unavailable forever? I'm absolutely null in informatic knowlegde and I don't know if I should do something with the "more information" link. Instinctively I tend to distrust links and overall those related with downloads.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 12:53 am

I came here specifically to see if anyone else had the same issue. The “more information” link comes to the simple machines forum and talks about upgrading. I don’t know anything about running a website/forum, so I’m not very sure what it’s saying, but it’s no virus link

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 1:52 am

That just sounds like something the admin needs to fix next time they're online, a matter of clicking through the right process in the right order and ok'ing it.
Usually forum companies warn the admin account with a direct message or email beforehand if any major updates - especially any which need their input - are coming, but not always.
As long as the admin is still active it shouldn't be gone forever or even take long to get working - it won't take much knowledge or complicated computery stuff on their end to sort out. If it's owned by someone who isn't around much or involved anymore, perhaps someone who's friends with them could drop them a message elsewhere just to nudge them that there's an issue.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 5:38 am

I have been chatting with the Administrator about this.

Yesterday the Admin tried to update the site but ran into some unexpected errors.

He is waiting for the forum host to change a setting. If that doesn't work, he will reinstall the backed-up site (he backed it up prior to starting the upgrade).

Yesterday he told be he was going to give the host '24 hours' to change the setting and if not, he would reinstall the backed-up site. So, I expect (hope) it to be up sometime later today.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 6:14 am

These things happen and don't worry, ATF will return.
This is something only the Admin or the board team can fix so no need of doing anything.

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 8:17 am

Thanks everybody, I'm alliviated to see that is a general problem of the forum and not a problem of my computer Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 9:13 am

Just got this from Admin:

Hi Blaine, I just heard from my host who said they can update the settings required, so I'm giving them a bit more time before I lose hope and revert to the backup. Fingers crossed it will be back up and running soon...
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 5:04 am

Admin put up the backed-up version of the forum until the problem can be resolved, so ATF is up again
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 3:25 pm

Many thanks for telling! :)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working EmptyMon May 09, 2022 6:14 am

The ATB, ATF, DTB, DTF might be down for a few hours later today for maintenance work. Should not be down for long (this time)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Toy Forum is not working   Animal Toy Forum is not working Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Toy Forum is not working
Page 1 of 1