Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's gone wrong here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

What's gone wrong here? Empty
PostSubject: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 6:41 pm

The forum's 'new posts' image seems to be broken somehow, see here :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's been like this for me since this morning, at first I thought it was just an internet blip my end where it hadn't loaded the page fully, and refreshing would bring it back, but no, it's actually repeatedly not loading that one specific graphic for some reason.

[edit!] Actually, I just noticed something else is missing too, the little red/orange tag thing which usually appears before the first word of the thread title, which takes you to the first new message. They're not showing up, you can see in my screenshot there's a gap where they'd usually be - but the function is there cos clicking the empty space works!

George

George

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Also the 'Post New Topic' button

If I spot any more I'll add them

George

George

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 7:09 pm

OK, I had to shrink this screenshot so the forum's looking smaller than normal, but look how much is missing when trying to make a new post or reply : no buttons for formatting the text, adding pictures etc, no emojis...all the stuff which is usually above where you type your message is missing!

As well as the missing buttons and emoji menus, the actual box for composing the reply in is TINY all of a sudden, just two lines of text deep, rather than a nice big blank page where you can see what you're doing as you scroll back and forth.

I really don't know what's gone wrong, but it's so tricky navigating the forum right now, it's hard to tell what threads I've read and what ones I haven't, and posting my own arrivals isn't really possible when I've not got formatting and can't see more than two lines of what I'm writing, so I'll just be a bit absent until this issue resolves, and try to catch up on all your exciting arrivals and customs and painting month progress when it's working again - sorry!

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 7:57 pm

Everything seems to be working for me. Have you logged out and then back in or tried clearing your cache?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 8:04 pm

It is working normally for me too and I thought it was the mobile version but I activated it in my browser and it is different.
It is not the forum, it is something from your personal configurations.
Do you have the chance of using a different browser just to check if the results are the same?
Which browser are you using?

George

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 9:12 pm

I've just tried logging out and back in, and deleting all the STS cookies from my browser then logging back in, and it's still the same.

I use Chrome usually, but I just tested on Firefox (which I know I haven't ever accessed the forum with before, so no existing cookies - it's at least a couple of years since I last opened it, and I only joined here last year), and it's still exactly the same problem on there.

I don't have any other working computers any more, so I can't try that - at one point I had two laptops cos I was replacing a dying one, and could've just swapped over - but the old one is dead dead now Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 9:55 pm

Very, very, very mysterious scratch

I hope your computer has not cought some bug Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyTue May 24, 2022 10:09 pm

George wrote:
I've just tried logging out and back in, and deleting all the STS cookies from my browser then logging back in, and it's still the same.

I use Chrome usually, but I just tested on Firefox (which I know I haven't ever accessed the forum with before, so no existing cookies - it's at least a couple of years since I last opened it, and I only joined here last year), and it's still exactly the same problem on there.

I don't have any other working computers any more, so I can't try that - at one point I had two laptops cos I was replacing a dying one, and could've just swapped over - but the old one is dead dead now Laughing

The fact that you have the same problem on Firefox turns everything more complex. However, do not think in giving up. Today I'm happy but not clever. Laughing I really have no idea what's happening but I will try to find out. It won't probably work but it also doesn't hurt to try. Could you please press ctrl+F5 in one of these pages and tell me if it is the same?

George

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 8:40 am

Well, whatever it was, seems to have fixed itself overnight! I didn't change anything or try any fixes, but this morning all the images are there, including the buttons above where I'm typing this reply.

If you like, you can delete this topic now, seeing as it didn't even seem to affect anyone else at the same time, and we didn't find a fix which worked, so nobody's going to find it useful read Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 8:54 am

Good !!!! Very Happy

Little elves have repaired you computer while you slept cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 11:53 am

George wrote:
Well, whatever it was, seems to have fixed itself overnight! I didn't change anything or try any fixes, but this morning all the images are there, including the buttons above where I'm typing this reply.

If you like, you can delete this topic now, seeing as it didn't even seem to affect anyone else at the same time, and we didn't find a fix which worked, so nobody's going to find it useful read Laughing

I an so glad you can use the forum again without those issues. Very Happy
As Susanne said, little elves solved it while you're sleeping, isn't it technically interesting? I am sure some members will find it useful. Wink

George

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 5:32 pm

If only I could train some of those little elves to do other helpful things overnight - dusting my model collection, maybe, or taking all the horse poo to the muck heap Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 6:20 pm

They are terribly hard to train Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 7:47 pm

Yes, Susanne is right again, modern little elves are very hard to train these days. They only care about boring things like computers, tablets, smartphones and videogames. We don't find little elves interested in dust and poo anymore. Crying or Very sad

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes, Susanne is right again, modern little elves are very hard to train these days. They only care about boring things like computers, tablets, smartphones and videogames. We don't find little elves interested in dust and poo anymore. Crying or Very sad

cheers lol!

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? EmptyWed May 25, 2022 11:58 pm

George wrote:
OK, I had to shrink this screenshot so the forum's looking smaller than normal, but look how much is missing when trying to make a new post or reply : no buttons for formatting the text, adding pictures etc, no emojis...all the stuff which is usually above where you type your message is missing!

As well as the missing buttons and emoji menus, the actual box for composing the reply in is TINY all of a sudden, just two lines of text deep, rather than a nice big blank page where you can see what you're doing as you scroll back and forth.

I really don't know what's gone wrong, but it's so tricky navigating the forum right now, it's hard to tell what threads I've read and what ones I haven't, and posting my own arrivals isn't really possible when I've not got formatting and can't see more than two lines of what I'm writing, so I'll just be a bit absent until this issue resolves, and try to catch up on all your exciting arrivals and customs and painting month progress when it's working again - sorry!

I had this a few times - and I run Chrome too. All I had to do was reload the page and the scroll bar on the right hand side came back.
usually only the scroll bar is affected for me, but it's no big deal.

Whenever I reload the page (clicked the top left of chrome page on the circle-with the arrow on it), it sorted it out for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's gone wrong here?   What's gone wrong here? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's gone wrong here?
Page 1 of 1